Sponsored by:

Infotainment presets

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 12:25 PM
NavyVet
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Infotainment presets

2015 Z51. For such an advanced car, the infotainment sucks greatly. Originally made 15 presets after massive frustration and thoughts of breaking the entire system. 2 years goes by and I got used to using the DIC and scrolling. Fine. The other day, 10 of the presets vanished. I mean gone. They were all Satellite. Local radio presets (5) remain. Try as I can, I cannot get the swipe to work to try to reestablish the other presets. I have cleaned screen, etc. Light swipe, heavy swipe, regardless, the presets will not move the preset bar left, right, or up. Any suggestions?
Old 04-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

It is a computer system and sometimes funny things happen. Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal, wait for about a half hour, reconnect the battery. Wait for about five minutes for all systems to power up before starting the engine. All settings should default and your favorites should reset.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Peter_K
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

I believe the default number of presets is 5. Verify the number hasn't been set back to the default. Refer to pages 76 and 77 in your infotainment manual on how to change the number.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:26 PM
HoustonMidtown
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Did you recently have any updates done to your car - some of these have history of changing/removing infotainment settings - as suggested above, go back through the various setting screens and make sure they are all set as you desire
Old 04-07-2017, 05:32 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,303 Likes on 862 Posts

Try holding your finger on the top line of a preset for a second and then swipe up. I've noticed that the system may take a bit to register your touch position. That said, I don't swipe very often since it can be so frustrating. Note that the steering wheel up/down favorites buttons can be used to scroll through your favorites.

Ron
Old 04-07-2017, 05:56 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

I usually use voice activation
Old 04-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Old Goat MN
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Just take it back to the dealer. Mine was just in for the 2nd time for the very same issue. First time they had to replace part of the radio and they are ordering the same part to do it again. There is some sort of glitch they are working on. The dealer is being great about it and working with GM but I will remind them that if it needs to make a 3rd trip we will be having a different discussion about it.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:05 AM
Old Goat MN
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got mine back and this time it was a new version of the radio installed. Must be some sort of glitch they know about since they put a different one in this time

Get notified of new replies

To Infotainment presets

Quick Reply: Infotainment presets