Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G3 Carbon is closing its doors.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 04:57 PM
G3Carbon
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

The connectivity over here has been spotty, but thankfully you caught me at the perfect time.

Thanks to everyone for the support and kindness. I realize it'd have been much easier to simply screw over clients and walk away, restructuring, changing the name, and moving forward like everyone else has done, but that's not what we're about over here.

We've got our bruises and I'll take my lumps, but this isn't about actually going out of business. This is about fixing some fundamental production issues before they PUT us out of business.

So, rest assured, everyone will get that for which they've paid and it'll be up to standards or I'll ship a HUNDRED if that's what it takes to get it right.

Our family of clients is my number one priority and it always will be.

Stay tuned and I hope you all know that I sincerely appreciate the feedback, both positive and critical, because it's all fuel to do what we do better each and every day.

I'm back off grid for a few days intermittently, but I'm trying to keep my finger on the pulse as best I can.
The following users liked this post:
Maxie2U (01-17-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Jon0813
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parts

I paid for parts before Thanksgiving. I have been told several times my order is a week out. I still have not received parts, tracking number, or refund.
Toddiesel (02-08-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 05:28 PM
jcrooker
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Sounds like he is on vacation with your money?
Old 01-17-2017, 07:34 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 509 Likes on 293 Posts

I was in the same situation but he came through and i received mone monday( fed ex lost a box but found it) the quality of the paint jpb and materials seems very good. No rivits or 3m tape as prpmised but under the circumstances not a big deal. Despite the sniping i don't think he is a scammer. I suggest either waiting a bit more or doing a charge back to your credit card company. You waited this long the charge back should be good in a week or as well.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:08 PM
ron landgraf
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Default G3 Carbon

Originally Posted by G3Carbon
The connectivity over here has been spotty, but thankfully you caught me at the perfect time.

Thanks to everyone for the support and kindness. I realize it'd have been much easier to simply screw over clients and walk away, restructuring, changing the name, and moving forward like everyone else has done, but that's not what we're about over here.

We've got our bruises and I'll take my lumps, but this isn't about actually going out of business. This is about fixing some fundamental production issues before they PUT us out of business.

So, rest assured, everyone will get that for which they've paid and it'll be up to standards or I'll ship a HUNDRED if that's what it takes to get it right.

Our family of clients is my number one priority and it always will be.

Stay tuned and I hope you all know that I sincerely appreciate the feedback, both positive and critical, because it's all fuel to do what we do better each and every day.

I'm back off grid for a few days intermittently, but I'm trying to keep my finger on the pulse as best I can.
Hi Alan,
Good luck with the reorganization.
I have a few comments about my purchase and the business.
In August, I ordered the street version splitter and side skirts.
The price, quality and doing business with a veteran owned and staffed business were the considerations.
Alan answered all my questions. I did pay upfront via PayPal because of the dollars involved.
Parts were promptly produced and the ship date was missed by about a week. That said Alan was quick to keep me in the loop.
Upon shipment, a tracking number was provided.
Parts arrived well packaged.
The fit and finish ( carbon flash painted ) was perfect. All the holes were in the right place, 3M tape was in place.
No directions really needed, easy to assemble.
That said, Alan does seem to be away from the business a fair amount of time.
Even more important to have good people at the plant.
Automation may solve some of the people problems, however Customer Service is people, communication and performance.
I look forward to your updated business plan.
I would purchase from Alan again.
Good Luck,
Ron Landgraf
Georgetown,TX
Old 01-18-2017, 12:15 PM
DCortez
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 136 Posts

Granted I don't know the details but the first thing that crossed my mind ... Your business is going to crap and you take a vacation?

Let me share a vulgar video with you, one my kids and I have watched multiple times. Hope it helps.

The following 2 users liked this post by DCortez:
'Merica (01-21-2017), Toddiesel (02-08-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 05:32 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 256 Posts

Ordered a skirt/splitter package from G3 Carbon last summer mainly because it is a veteran owned company with US manufacturing. Unfortunately was the worst buying experience of a lifetime. If you do a bit of research, you'll find after multiple customer complaints mount up, his pattern is to state he is "firing" people and retooling the business. The common thread in all the shenanigans is Alan.

Hope the latest "retooling" works so other people aren't victimized, but Alan needs to start with his own integrity. The customer (in my case) won't ever be back for a repeat.

Last edited by runner61627; 01-20-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Toddiesel (02-08-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 02:42 AM
viperz0677
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jcrooker
Sounds like he is on vacation with your money?
Old 01-20-2017, 08:45 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,483 Posts

Originally Posted by G3Carbon
Thanks guys.

I'd rather not do it than to do it right.
I think you might want to reword that statement.

Kudos to you for your position and good luck in the future.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Bunk
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Indochina

Indochina is not the correct geographical or geopolitical name for the region or any of the countries there. It's like referring to China as the Orient.

There is a country named Indonesia, another named China.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Bunk; 01-20-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: business editing
Old 01-21-2017, 12:16 AM
rramjet
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't have a dog in this fight but interesting things can be learned with a Google search of Mr Eosso. Things going back to 2012 involving unhappy buyers from various auto forums such as Viper, Camaro, Lotus in addition to this one.

I don't believe the Indochina story for minute any more than the $250K investment in the company.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:35 PM
joeybsyc
Drifting

Received 314 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by rramjet
I don't have a dog in this fight but interesting things can be learned with a Google search of Mr Eosso. Things going back to 2012 involving unhappy buyers from various auto forums such as Viper, Camaro, Lotus in addition to this one.

I don't believe the Indochina story for minute any more than the $250K investment in the company.

Wow, I'm lucky I guess. I ordered G3 Carbon Street Skirts about a year ago when I got my C7 and they arrived as described and in a timely manner. They also fit perfectly and are one of my favorite visual modifications I've made to the car. I've gotta admit I never googled his name before purchasing, or I most definitely wouldn't have became a customer. Seems like lots of complaints and similar excuses dating back several years. Like I said, I have NO complaints, and got exactly what I paid for. I too gotta wonder about some of the excuses... hopefully anyone with G3Carbon orders get the items they paid for.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:35 PM
viperz0677
Advanced

wow!
Old 01-21-2017, 10:41 PM
'Merica
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

I've filed with my credit card company for a refund. Alan, if you are contacted by someone on my end, if you could please respond ASAP to get this over with it would be much appreciated! I did not get a response from you on my email I sent 1/7.

Thanks,

Josh P

Last edited by 'Merica; 01-21-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:19 PM
boostaholic786
Advanced

extremely well said and upfront.....Thats someone that knows about business and business ethics! Mad props with handling the situation the way you are! Look forward to buying from you in the near future!
Old 01-22-2017, 01:12 AM
rkhegler
Team Owner

Received 350 Likes on 152 Posts

Plus one! We shall see. If some of you have ordered and not received the product, I am pretty much thinking you are on the short end of the deal. I would hope not, but it does not sound too promising. Good luck.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:49 PM
viperz0677
Advanced

Originally Posted by 'Merica
I've filed with my credit card company for a refund. Alan, if you are contacted by someone on my end, if you could please respond ASAP to get this over with it would be much appreciated! I did not get a response from you on my email I sent 1/7.

Thanks,

Josh P

Get notified of new replies

To G3 Carbon is closing its doors.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:26 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 509 Likes on 293 Posts

I did get my skirts and splitter(stage1) high quality fits well hopefully Allan will do right by the rest of you. At least the product is very good
Old 01-22-2017, 09:36 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 256 Posts

Old 01-26-2017, 01:15 AM
'Merica
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Still no word from Alan. I have sent documents to my cc company showing he has been online and not responded to my email or thread. I've also linked this thread to them. I'm contacting the better business bureau tomorrow. And I'll pursue other channels from there, if needed.

I think the only thing that's going to save this company is a change in ownership. **** poor, at best.

Quick Reply: G3 Carbon is closing its doors.