Ever thought of electric motors on the ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 04:12 PM
pride
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ever thought of electric motors on the ZR1

Just food for thought, everyone is looking forward to the announcement of the ZR1 & later-on the mid engine vette and saying its going to be some form of Forced Induction .. how about the likely hood of it being paired with or having electric motors. Since GM's foray into the Volt and now the Bolt, do you think its likely that the next iteration of the corvette might have electric motors that we dont know about?

How does a NA ZR1 with electric motors to push it to 700hp sound (blasphemy to some i know..)? I know most people who track their cars prefer NA to FI.
The following users liked this post:
Gonzo (12-26-2016)
Old 12-26-2016, 04:44 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Electric motors? For the windshield wipers maybe.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:16 PM
HPT
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts

Most of the backwoods mouth-breathers here would immediately scoff at the idea, but executed properly in a high performance application, the benefits are significant. The key here is executing it properly, which GM simply is not capable of at this point. The technology has yet to trickle down to the more "mass market" Ferrari, Porsche, and McLaren cars from the holy trinity, but it will soon enough.

Give it another 10-12 years.
The following users liked this post:
Gonzo (12-26-2016)
Old 12-26-2016, 05:16 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by pride
Just food for thought, everyone is looking forward to the announcement of the ZR1 & later-on the mid engine vette and saying its going to be some form of Forced Induction .. how about the likely hood of it being paired with or having electric motors. Since GM's foray into the Volt and now the Bolt, do you think its likely that the next iteration of the corvette might have electric motors that we dont know about?

How does a NA ZR1 with electric motors to push it to 700hp sound (blasphemy to some i know..)? I know most people who track their cars prefer NA to FI.
That is the future, no doubt. Look at F1 and Mercedes, it would be very cool imho......a ZR1 that accelerates like a Tesla and runs like a racecar, yes please

Get notified of new replies

To Ever thought of electric motors on the ZR1

Quick Reply: Ever thought of electric motors on the ZR1