Sponsored by:

Loose driver's door mirror

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 05:55 AM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Loose driver's door mirror

My left driver door mirror on my 2014 has always had a little wiggle to it. The right side does not. Didn't want to take it in just for that, but now with the warranty about to run out, finally took it in to get the recall taken care of, the flickering center screen and the mirror as well.

To my surprise, they said they cannot tighten the mirror. Without looking at it or removing the door panel to see what the problem is, they said a new one has to be ordered, then painted.

I thought I had read in the past where others had a similar issue and were able to tighten it down by removing the door panel??

I guess it's not a big deal to let them replace it, but there's just something that bugs me about a non-original part with a different paint date than the original car when it seems so unnecessary.

Any feedback would be appreciated from those that might have had a similar issue.

Thank you
Old 11-11-2016, 10:20 AM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,579 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Mine has a little wiggle as well. Maybe I will bring mine in and see what the dealer says...
Old 11-11-2016, 10:43 AM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Received 336 Likes on 238 Posts

My 2014 has always been that way.i had the dealer look at it early on. They checked all of their in stock cars and they all had it. They weren't sure they could resolve it so I left it alone.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:55 PM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My right side door has no play at all in it. Left side definitely wiggles up and down pretty notably. Figure it can only get worse, I guess I better just let them replace it.

Get notified of new replies

To Loose driver's door mirror

Quick Reply: Loose driver's door mirror