Sponsored by:

Well Sirius/XM got me again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by runner61627
I am coming to the end of my free Sirius/XM trial, so yesterday I received a call about renewing. The initial offer was XM Select for six months at $30. I declined and said I might be interested if Traffic/Nav was included. She put me on hold and came back with a six month special offer that included XM Select and Traffic/Nav for $24.99 + $4.00 fee. I repeated the offer details at least three times in the conversation and was assured Traffic/Nav was included for $24.99. I accepted and was told an email confirmation would follow. Later, the email arrived; however, it listed only XM Select and not Traffic/Nav.
I called Sirius customer service, who essentially told me they don't offer the special I was talking about. I asked for a supervisor, who also told me they don't offer the special, but they would add it for $5.99 a month with three months credit. I refused, told her this was a classic bait/switch and that I wanted to talk to her boss. Incredibly, she said she was "it" - no one higher. I kept pushing, yet she refused to provide contact info for her boss. I then stated to terminate my renewal and hung up.
I subsequently located the Sirius/XM "Corporate" website with a link for unresolved problems. I input the entire rotten episode.
Today, I received a call from Sirius "Corporate" customer service, and after listening to my rant, they apologized and offered 6 months of Sirius/XM All Access plus both Traffic/Nav and Travel link with a credit that matched the $24.99 + $4.00 fee price. I accepted and verified it was added correctly to my account by checking the status online.
Bottom line - a lot of aggravation and I have set my calendar to remind me to cancel at the end of six months. I didn't provide a credit card either. I doubt whether I want to haggle with Sirius anymore, so most likely won't renew next spring.
Wow, that is some story. I give you credit for going that route and good for you getting what you wanted. But I agree, it is not wroth the aggravation they put us through. Also thank you for the idea of using the unresolved problems link... I may have to use that some day...
Steve
Old 05-25-2016, 01:39 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by MAKC7
Nope, don't buy that stuff for a car that is in storage 5 mos per year.
FWIW:
Found out today they will "suspend" your service (maintaining the account, but no actual subscription) for up to 6 months for 15$, with automatic reactivation at the 6 month mark.

Seem to get you either way, as there is apparently a (re)activation fee if you full cancel then sign up again.

I'd venture they'll waive one or the other though.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:29 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula52
Wow, that is some story. I give you credit for going that route and good for you getting what you wanted. But I agree, it is not wroth the aggravation they put us through. Also thank you for the idea of using the unresolved problems link... I may have to use that some day...
Steve
I was fed up after this episode and couldn't have cared less whether I renewed. I was more intent on bringing the outright lies and shabby treatment to a higher level - hence the corporate unresolved problems link. I still don't trust Sirius, but the last "offer" couldn't be beat so I accepted it. I doubt I will renew in six months - I don't feel like haggling again with people that are unscrupulous.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:59 PM
2VettesMike
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree if they just gave a decent rate and quit playing the games we all would stay longer.
I have 3 inactive receivers until recently. One got 3 months free email, no cc required. The other 5 months for $25, signed up with a disposable cc # so no auto-rebill. Really hate those games.

Mike

Quick Reply: Well Sirius/XM got me again!!!!