I got screwed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 12:03 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Dpalmerjr
Well just for any one reading. So the dealer could not find me the same car so they offered to order me the exact same car I initially got with bad tranny. I took that offer and they placed the order. But, for some reason the car I had is getting a new transmission put in and GM is going to let me drive that while I wait for my new car to come in. Once my new car comes in I am going to switch them up which I think is weird but hey if they want me to drive the corvette till I get a new one free of charge then I'll drive it lol!! Also, from my understanding when I take the car back for new one they are going to pick it up and see why the tranny went in it and see what other problems could happen with it.
Nice! I hope that all works out for you!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:00 AM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C7DriverOnt
Electronics usually go quick if they are going to go , could be just the TCM is wonky or saw something it didn't like and went into safety mode. I would not jump to conclusions.
(edit) Whoops just read more of the thread. Glad it seems to be working out for ya!

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 02-11-2016 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:46 AM
Black&White
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 96 Posts

What is the manufacturing date on the drivers door of the failed car?
Old 02-11-2016, 12:53 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by felkebg
I know a bunch of us have opted for the Museum delivery but the description said that you were the first person to crank the car. REALLY? I want this sort of defect to be discovered by the plant or the dealer. Did I just read it incorrectly? Anyone else feel the same if this is true? Did this member's car get tested along the line by anything but a computer jig??
Originally Posted by z28lt1
I didn't see anyone note that this was the first time the car got cranked. They start them at the plant. They drive them to a pickup area. Drive them on the truck. Drive them off the truck to the dealers lot, and maybe a few times in between depending upon delivery mode and location The dealer drove it into the service area to prep the car. The car had been cranked a number of times. EDIT: if you mean museum delivery, they still get started to move around and still get delivered by truck. You can be the one to start the car at the plant if you pay to watch your car be built.
Originally Posted by fastgts
With museum delivery when you take the tour of the assembly plant you will usually be able to be the first person to start whatever Corvette is coming off the line when you get to that point. The line was stopped when I picked up my C6 so I didn't getting to do that.
Museum delivery takes place well after the car leaves the plant. The only way you can be the first person to start the engine is if you pay for the "Buyer's Tour" offered by the museum; cost is $800 for two people. This allows you to tour the plant while your car is built; in most cases you can be the first person to start the engine as the car comes off the line. The Buyer's Tour has nothing to do with museum delivery, which typically takes place around two weeks after the car comes off the line.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Hilton Head Vette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far my A8 on my '16 is behaving itself. But after reading all the horror stories it does make ones trust begin to wayne just a bit... Bought a new Maxima in 08 for my wife and just about one year into it I got a letter from Nissan telling me that they were warranting the transmission for 100,000 miles and unconditionally at that. Their explanation was that even though there were not initial problems to report they felt that they should get ahead of the curve and offer the extension with no further explanation. Funny thing is I wanted a manual but for the one maybe two times in my lifetime my wife will drive my Vette. No she can't drive a stick and thats after several hundred hours of trying to and wrecking a clutch on my 67 Vette.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:37 PM
James Bertuca
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well just for any one reading. So the dealer could not find me the same car so they offered to order me the exact same car I initially got with bad tranny. I took that offer and they placed the order. But, for some reason the car I had is getting a new transmission put in and GM is going to let me drive that while I wait for my new car to come in. Once my new car comes in I am going to switch them up which I think is weird but hey if they want me to drive the corvette till I get a new one free of charge then I'll drive it lol!! Also, from my understanding when I take the car back for new one they are going to pick it up and see why the tranny went in it and see what other problems could happen with it.
I would rather have a loner, I would tell them to keep it, if it was me.
Trust no one.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:41 PM
E.T.D. Corvettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,531 Likes on 2,323 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by mpuzach
,,,in most cases you can be the first person to start the engine as the car comes off the line.
Technically, you get to be the 2nd person to start the car since there is a start up test before it gets to that point. But in most cases you can be the first person to start the car after the tires have touched the ground. The buyer's tour is definitely an awesome experience!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:59 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

^^^ Correct - my mistake. ^^^
The following users liked this post:
E.T.D. Corvettes (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 03:26 PM
vettetwo
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by James Bertuca
Trust no one.
The best loaner is the Corvette you bought initially if it is truly at no cost. Why settle for a Cruze when you can use a Vette.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Dpalmerjr
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by James Bertuca
Trust no one.
Yep that's how I am but I got everything in writing and build sheet faxed to me which I signed. Order placed confirmed. GM bought the car back and will sell it as used when I get new one.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Yep that's how I am but I got everything in writing and build sheet faxed to me which I signed. Order placed confirmed. GM bought the car back and will sell it as used when I get new one.
Congrats on a great outcome, over 5300 views of your saga on this Forum might have had something to do with the GM buy back and replacement of your Vette!.
Looking forward to your write up when the expedited replacement arrives in about six weeks.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,069 Likes on 984 Posts

This is a great outcome to a bad situation. It's the way it should work. My guess is that you handled it very well with them and used communication that was firm but fair. And, given the situation, I think they're treating you very fairly. Stuff happens, with all brands/models, especially with new technology. Nice work.

Quick Reply: I got screwed!