Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller install/review

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
Does anyone have an install video for the Sprint Booster V3?
Yoo-Hoo....anyone....?
Old 09-17-2018, 12:22 AM
0Sandyeggo Designs
Former Vendor

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by alcardi
I have never posted on here before, but want to say the Vitesse Throttle was the best bang for the buck - I was 100% satisfied and actually amazed at the difference. Turn it up and throttle response feels instant and makes the factory sport setting seem like it is winter mode in comparison. You do need to unplug it when having the car tuned, and then just plug it back in after. Truly an amazing gadget. I was more impressed with this little add on then I was with the supercharger. Hard for me to imagine anyone that installed it would want to remove it even with any other mods. I have bought almost every mod I could for the car, but still find the Vitesse Throttle control the best bang for the buck. Turn it up to 7- 9 and hit that gas pedal and it definitely will put a smile on your face. Great product, fantastic price.
And here's a great way to mount it: Sandyeggo Designs VTC Mount
Old 09-22-2018, 11:59 PM
Michael Hunter
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Throttle Controller

Originally Posted by traderfjp
Last week I finally got around to installing my throttle controller. To do the install you'll need some cardboard or something soft to kneel on. Open the driver's door and position yourself so you can work on the pedal. Pullout the old socket wrench set. Now you need to find the bolt that holds the pedal to the floor. It's hiding behind a little rubber cover. Peel it back with a dental pick or your nail. Once the screw is out pull the pedal toward the back of the car and lift out. The pedal has hooks that sit in a slot. Reverse this when you re-install. The electrical connectors need to be removed and plugged into the controller. They only go in one way so I would say this part of the install is idiot proof. I fished the controller behind the rug and the LCD display too to the right of my leg. I guess if you wanted to mess with it you could mount it in the center storage bin but I saw no reason. Anyway, there are 9 setting and several EC0 settings.

Performance: This controller is like adding 100 hp to the car. It is that dramatic. On setting 9 figure that you will be beating up your clutch and tires some and probably will be doing some wheelies. The car just jumps when changing lower gears even with the lightest throttle. It takes some getting use to. I settled on setting 7 which is pretty aggressive too but much more drive-able. I really love this throttle controller. It's fun and removes any throttle lag. For 180.00 it's worth every penny.
I just have to say, "Vitesse Motorsports save me from getting rid of my C7" I just couldn't stand the lag in the throttle or flat spot. I was on my way to trade it in and found this on the Forum. Thanks to all the posts. I now have a drivable fun car. It is worth every penny and then some.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:57 AM
ahero4eternity
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
Yoo-Hoo....anyone....?
My Sprint Booster arrives Tuesday. Based on my understanding, the install is the same as the Vitesse.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:52 AM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by ahero4eternity

My Sprint Booster arrives Tuesday. Based on my understanding, the install is the same as the Vitesse.
Right--I have owned both. Minor advantage in that you do not need to calibrate. I just leave mine on Race 5 all the time!
Old 09-23-2018, 10:59 AM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMN
Right--I have owned both. Minor advantage in that you do not need to calibrate. I just leave mine on Race 5 all the time!
From some reading it sounds like the Sprint booster may preserve more tip in? One thing I find undesirable about the Vitesse is it has almost no tip in on the SP settings. So if you touch the throttle at all you get acceleration; makes it harder to drive comfortably in normal traffic. Any chance these can get updates in the field to add that? I'd like to see initial small pedal effort act like the normal car, but anything more than 15-25% throttle the SP aggressive setting exponentially kicks in to the desired SP setting level.

Does everyone agree that the Sprint does this already and the Vitesse does not? I've only got the Vitesse so I can't compare.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:43 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972

From some reading it sounds like the Sprint booster may preserve more tip in? One thing I find undesirable about the Vitesse is it has almost no tip in on the SP settings. So if you touch the throttle at all you get acceleration; makes it harder to drive comfortably in normal traffic. Any chance these can get updates in the field to add that? I'd like to see initial small pedal effort act like the normal car, but anything more than 15-25% throttle the SP aggressive setting exponentially kicks in to the desired SP setting level.

Does everyone agree that the Sprint does this already and the Vitesse does not? I've only got the Vitesse so I can't compare.
Personally I feel SB does preserve the tip in. Here is the curve provided by Sprintbooster. To my eye it mimics stock at low throttle and then kicks in. For me, I liked the drivability better. I know there are MANY satisfied Vitesse owners, so I am sure it's a great unit too. Personally, I tried both and kept the Sprintbooster V3

Last edited by JonMN; 09-23-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller install/review