Sponsored by:

Total stranger keyed my car yesterday!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Kalimino
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by proexpert
People suck. Where did this happen, what state?
Amarillo, TX

Originally Posted by fstfun2009
Shudda shot him
Originally Posted by Stentplacer
I'm so pissed off just reading this! Usually even dirt bags usually admire a Corvette owner....American car someone worked hard for and bought their dream car. The Ferrari and Lamborghini guys are usually the ones that people look at as the elite .....not that they would deserve something like this. That's why I quit packing a pistol. I would have been temped to shoot the a---hole! Sorry this happened to you! Damn!!
I do have my CHL and was carrying yet never felt threatened or the need to pull. Kid doesn't know how lucky he is!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 PM
rkhegler
Team Owner

Received 350 Likes on 152 Posts

Find out the kids name and give Vitto a call. He will send over Raul to have a "conversation" with the kid. Believe me, the kid will have some difficulty trying to handle his toilet paper.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:22 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,429 Likes on 14,045 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I'll never understand why someone feels the need to mess with someone else's property.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:45 AM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

You work hard to be able to have something nice and a low life comes along and keys it. You were right to keep your car in plain view just in case the unexpected happened. Sad times we live in and I have learned to expect the unexpected from the general public. Most people enjoy looking at Corvette and will compliment the car but it only takes one bad person to spoil the moment and spoil the moment they will. They don't give a s--t. Glad you caught him. I would go to court and seek justice.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:26 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

A branding iron to his forehead, giving him a permanent mark to the kind of toolbag that he is, would have been deserved. Alas...

Good luck getting her fixed or upgrading to a new Z. People suck.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:20 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalimino
I've heard of it happening to others and it has been a fear of mine since I bought this car. I'm always careful of where I park and try to sit near a window to keep an eye out when possible.

The most frustrating part was I watched it all unfold, knew what was fixing to happen and couldn't get outside quick enough to prevent it. Had I been thinking clearly I would have hit the panic button on remote.

I pulled into a restaurant to grab a bite, parked in front, facing glass windows and was seated at a table that I could keep an eye on(and admire) my car. Witnessed a lowlife approaching from the rear that started digging in his bag for something. I've watched a lot of people pull out cameras and phones to snap photos but this guy was different and I knew he was up to no good. Enough so that I jumped up with burger in one hand and started for the door. As i was walking out the door and into the parking lot we passed and locked eyes. That was his chance to run as the look I gave him could have melted candle wax but he just calmly continued walking away. Walking quickly to the rear of my car to verify what I had feared had happened, yep 4 foot double key marks across rear.

I quickly scrolled through all those dark and dreadful things I would do to someone that I had just caught keying my car. Seething with anger and using every ounce of restraint I immediately detained him and called the police. Within 8 minutes he was handcuffed in the back of a squad car.

Total stranger around 17 years old with no motive nor excuse given when questioned. Started out with denial until I told him I watched him do it from inside the restaurant.

I haven't gone in for an estimate just yet. It's hard to capture with pictures but in places its deep enough to feel with a fingernail. So we'll get her repainted or buffed and trade up for a Z06.
1 reason f***king Jealous C**T...
Old 09-19-2015, 06:41 AM
rstrait
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a lot of sick f....s out there, sorry it happened to you. At least it was only the rear end, when a previous vette I had got keyed it was down the length of the car. Glad you caught him and good that you showed some restraint. In today's world had you done anything to him you probably would have been charged.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:27 AM
Ceptor
Team Owner

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

glad you caught him, how did you detain him until the cops got there?
Old 09-19-2015, 07:49 AM
Allpro
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Why do people feel like they have to destroy a beautiful car just for the fun of it?
This is just awful and the reason I am scared to leave my car out of my sight.

I hope you get it fixed to your liking if not go for the Z06, I suspect the Z06 is
the way you are going but I am sorry to hear this happened to you.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:00 AM
Casey VP26
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 82 Posts

Just plain sucks. Sorry it happened..
Old 09-19-2015, 08:12 AM
RUSTYNKL
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I feel your PAIN. How do you keep calm, I think the scumbag would of had some road rash on his face if it was me. Hope the repair is top notch, a good body shop should have no problem with this type of repair, happens toooo often.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:32 AM
sanantguy
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

High fives for catching the little nutless sissy. F him and everyone like him.

I'd pursue all legal options against him. And I hope you detained him with your foot on his throat.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:37 AM
sanantguy
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fstfun2009
Shudda shot him
What a stupid comment.

No car is worth taking a human life over. Anyone that says otherwise has never taken a life.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:56 AM
stephen1254
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
I'll never understand why someone feels the need to mess with someone else's property.
Second this completely. What's even more disturbing is that the punk is just 17. With that attitude he's primed for a life of ripping off others, because he doesn't give a sh*t. Once you go over to the Dark Side, there's no going back.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:59 AM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
You showed more restraint than I would've, if there's one thing I will not put up with it's someone messing with any of my schit, whether it be family, friends, pets or possessions, I honestly would've torn him apart (not trying to be a tough guy but something in me honestly snaps). Good luck with the repair.
Got to agree with you there Monk. I'm 70 now and in a hands on battle I doubt I would do that well against a younging, but in my prime he would have been a very hurting unit and would have went to the ER not to the police station. My friends that knew me well said you would get in less trouble hitting his girl friend than messing with his ride.

Years back ( early 70s) we had an opportunity to do street justice on a car burglar.(He also did some damage ripping out a Sun Tak)

Coming back from lunch we saw this punk in my buddies locked car (427 Camaro) and rummaging thought it. We grabbed him as he was exiting the car with some items and gave him a good beat down as HE WAS FIGHTING US trying to get away.

One of our group that did not come over very fast was a off duty cop of that jurisdiction and he gave us the time to do it and then "showed" up and took custody of the thief who ended up in the hospital and as he witnessed the fight only the thief got into trouble.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:01 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalimino
Seething w/anger & using every ounce of restraint I immediately detained him & called the police.
tell us more?
Old 09-19-2015, 03:43 PM
vettman96
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

175 grain H/P in the forehead, but it would not hit a functioning vital organ

Get notified of new replies

To Total stranger keyed my car yesterday!!

Old 09-19-2015, 04:25 PM
Coach Yocs
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Non Vette owners don't understand why we're so concerned where we park our vettes. Glad you caught the jerk.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:30 PM
patriotpa
Melting Slicks

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Good on you for detaining him for the cops.

I hope you used one of your tires to do it.
The following users liked this post:
Thunder22 (09-19-2015)
Old 09-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,928 Likes on 1,366 Posts

That's why I always put on the car cover, and lock it on. People think I am crazy, but I would rather have that than a keyed car.

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Michael

Quick Reply: Total stranger keyed my car yesterday!!