C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North Dallas Paint & Body Shop Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 10:51 AM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

Default North Dallas Paint & Body Shop Recommendations?

Through a series of events, I ended up closing my garage door on the back of my 6-week old C7. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the car was barely over the threshold, so instead of deep gouges, I have a set of 2 long scuff marks down that back, and an assortment of smaller scuffs, that appear to be only in the clear coat.

Anybody have a recommendation for a good paint shop? The only one I have used in the past is now closed. I guess I could take it to the dealer, but I'm assuming most of them contract paint work out to someone and I would prefer to work directly with the person doing the job.

I'm still feeling a little sick
Old 06-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Zax
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like a simple fix.

Park Place BodyWerks did an excellent job on my 911 but were not cheap (I paid out of pocket after hitting a high curb at a bank drive-thru window, ). Huffines Chevrolet in Lewisville have an on-site bodyshop (not sure about their Plano location, but may be worth checking) but I don't have any first hand experience with them.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Vettevick
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Caliber Collision in Frisco did paintless dent repair on my F-150 after last years hail, I was extremely happy with the results. I know this was paintless, but their attention to detail was great.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:47 PM
GRG
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default N. Dallas Body Shop

I have used Huffines Chevrolet in Plano twice recently. (don't ask) No complaints on the paint work and I worked in a body shop myself for 14 years.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:45 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,118 Likes on 6,190 Posts

Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson has their own paint shop. They painted my Monterey Red Metallic C6 replacement roof panel (the infamous delaminating roof panel). They did a great job.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:47 PM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks guys for the info. I'll check out the 2 Chevy dealerships and Caliber Collision. I appreciate the suggestions...

Last edited by drs; 06-16-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,766 Likes on 2,945 Posts

Trade Secret in Plano is the only body shop I use for my cars. Unfortunately, I have a car there right now (not the Vette)... They are not the quickest, but their work is done correctly without the need for constant supervision.

http://www.tradesecretauto.com/

Their paint work is fantastic too and do a great job matching metallics and pearls when needed.

Last edited by Kracka; 06-16-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:17 PM
Bdavidj1
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drs
Through a series of events, I ended up closing my garage door on the back of my 6-week old C7. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the car was barely over the threshold, so instead of deep gouges, I have a set of 2 long scuff marks down that back, and an assortment of smaller scuffs, that appear to be only in the clear coat.

Anybody have a recommendation for a good paint shop? The only one I have used in the past is now closed. I guess I could take it to the dealer, but I'm assuming most of them contract paint work out to someone and I would prefer to work directly with the person doing the job.

I'm still feeling a little sick
Go to New Concept Autoworks in Plano. Thomas Liu is the best in NTX. Repaired scratches on my Atomic Orange C6 and Audi A5 - flawless execution. Other shops/dealerships send their difficult work to him, especially exotics. All of this and his prices are competitive. Tell him Brian (C7 Shark Gray) sent you (no paint work done on my C7, he installed the clear ZO6 tail lights on my Z51).

http://www.newconceptautoworks.com/
Old 06-16-2015, 11:51 PM
1stVetteAW
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kracka
Trade Secret in Plano is the only body shop I use for my cars. Unfortunately, I have a car there right now (not the Vette)... They are not the quickest, but their work is done correctly without the need for constant supervision.

http://www.tradesecretauto.com/

Their paint work is fantastic too and do a great job matching metallics and pearls when needed.
Tom and his crew does great work, I have know Tom since he at one time ran the Sewell Lexus bodyshop..
Old 06-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,766 Likes on 2,945 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stVetteAW
Tom and his crew does great work, I have know Tom since he at one time ran the Sewell Lexus bodyshop..
Yeah, Tom is great! I was the one who got him setup with a lot of the Mitsubishi and Subaru business 5 years ago or so.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:47 PM
2K3Z06
Burning Brakes

Location: KADS- If it has wings or an engine, I can break it. Dallas TX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stuarts Paint and Body on Plano Rd.

They are the guys the Ferrari and Porsche dealer use. Drive by their shop.

http://www.stuartspnb.com/

They do great work. Check out the online video
Old 06-19-2015, 10:14 AM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks guys, for all the suggestions. Of course the damage is worse than I thought and will require removal of the rear upper panel. So now I'm going to be even more pickier on who does the work.

Get notified of new replies

To North Dallas Paint & Body Shop Recommendations?

Quick Reply: North Dallas Paint & Body Shop Recommendations?