thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Definitely new engine
Old 05-25-2015, 04:31 PM
blkvett01
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the engine replaced and three drive shafts. The motor seems to be ok but the drive shafts keep failing.

This week end it stopped in the middle of the road.

Now it is in the shop again.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by blkvett01
I have had the engine replaced and three drive shafts. The motor seems to be ok but the drive shafts keep failing.

This week end it stopped in the middle of the road.

Now it is in the shop again.
U have c7 corvette right ?

is there a reason the drive shaft keep falling
Old 05-25-2015, 05:28 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Seannyc
U have c7 corvette right ?

is there a reason the drive shaft keep falling
My thinking something not lined up right.But I'm no expert.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:49 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,149 Posts

Funny story when I traded my 8 month old 13 GS for the C7...... the engine let lose at the dealership. I felt really bad I had no idea.

Dealer said it happens and they put in a new engine. He said he had no problem selling the car and did quite well with it. It had 8800 miles on in but a brand new engine.

Was not a factor so I was told.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Well got my car back few days ago they replaced the 3 valves andcar is running strong maybe little stronger then I first got it
I did notice something when I got t back that the intake makes a air noise when I rev befor I here the engine rev it makes that intake sound like a after market intake would do I never noticed that befor my valves went out called the service dealer and showed them the sound they said it's sapose to do that and maybe that's what caused it problem from occurring so over all car is fine now but should I be worried still they told me not to car is running great service guy drove it and made sure

Also my cuzin has one c7 and he told me the intake does the same noise so I guess it's alright now
Old 06-04-2015, 08:17 PM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Seannyc
Well got my car back few days ago they replaced the 3 valves andcar is running strong maybe little stronger then I first got it
I did notice something when I got t back that the intake makes a air noise when I rev befor I here the engine rev it makes that intake sound like a after market intake would do I never noticed that befor my valves went out called the service dealer and showed them the sound they said it's sapose to do that and maybe that's what caused it problem from occurring so over all car is fine now but should I be worried still they told me not to car is running great service guy drove it and made sure

Also my cuzin has one c7 and he told me the intake does the same noise so I guess it's alright now
Yup, that sucking sound is completely normal. Glad you got her back and so far so good. Time for some good weather and enjoy.

Quick Reply: New Engine Replacement experience