Sponsored by:

NFL Lineman Can't Fit In His C7 So He's Taking It Back

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,366 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
I can run 7 miles at one clip with ease, could this load do likewise. I personally could care less about 40 yards. You guys are profoundly mistaken if you believe that these walking balloons are conditioned athletes. A healthy individual just cringes when they observe a 20 something, supposed athlete resort to an oxygen mask on the sideline after running 20 or 30 yards. LOL.
So that's a no?
Old 05-19-2015, 12:02 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

I can run 7 miles at one clip with ease, could this load do likewise. I personally could care less about 40 yards. You guys are profoundly mistaken if you believe that these walking balloons are conditioned athletes. A healthy individual just cringes when they observe a 20 something, supposed athlete resort to an oxygen mask on the sideline after running 20 or 30 yards. LOL.
You are totally missing the point. Professional athletes are in the shape required to play THEIR sport (that's how they're paid). Football players don't HAVE to run 7 miles so your comparison is silly, at best. Can you press 250 pounds 20 times? It's great you can run 7 miles, but frankly, unless you can run those 7 miles in under 8 minutes each, big deal (average person can WALK a mile in 15 minutes). Tell you what, go play 30 minutes of REAL full court basketball, you'll be gassed in 10 minutes. Same with football. Go run 5 pass patterns while being DEFENDED, you'll be half dead.

Jimmy
Old 05-19-2015, 12:02 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodson
So that's a no?
Didn't know this was an interrogation. The answer is I don't know and could really care less, not going out for football this year.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Crawler
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6'4" and 275lbs. That being said, I'm also only 8 percent body fat. Every calculator out there said that I'm overweight. However I'd be unhealthy if I lost more fat. So how do I fix my issues? I only ride 35-40 miles on my bike every other day for cardio. Maybe I should increase my cardio and fat burning routines.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:36 PM
J_Vette_Manuel
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crawler
I'm 6'4" and 275lbs. That being said, I'm also only 8 percent body fat. Every calculator out there said that I'm overweight. However I'd be unhealthy if I lost more fat. So how do I fix my issues? I only ride 35-40 miles on my bike every other day for cardio. Maybe I should increase my cardio and fat burning routines.
My god crawler you are an obese slob! LMAO! I'm 6'3" 263LBS at 13%, I too am slob.

The point is drmustang or whatever the hell your handle is.... The manner in which you express your opinion is ignorant and at the end of the day pretentious. You sir are a (I let those decide what to put here). Thank you for the comedic relief, I will now tend to things that make me money! Been fun!

Don't forget to run your 7 miles today! LOL.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:02 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Consider a variation in your cardio routine.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Detroit Steel
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Front Page News!

good stuff! had to let the front page know too...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...-big-corvette/
Old 05-19-2015, 06:59 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

The more salient point perhaps in this discussion is less about the preponderance of subcutaneous adipose tissue.....

How about the studies that show 80% of NFL athletes go bankrupt once their career is over ....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leighste...yers-go-broke/

It would seem on the surface the type of thoughtful decision making in this type of purchase may not be an issue you has to worry about 5 years after his retirement...

But of course, he could be one of the 20%.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:03 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

That's huge and shredded. Are you a competitive bodybuilder?
Old 05-19-2015, 07:25 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

So many slobs like this in todays NFL. 6' 3", 337 lbs is a slob. There are likely some football junkies out there who love these goons but I'm sorry this simply does not constitute an athlete. A pig like this will have a hard time squeezing his fat *** into any vehicle. I'm 60 years old, exercise 4-5 times a week, 6' 3" 230 and fit great in a C7 as I did in my C6, C5s, and C4s. This kinda stuff drives healthy, fit, people nuts. Look at some of the offensive lineman as well. They can barely walk back to the huddle with their beer guts hanging half way down to their knees. Yeah, those are athletes. Its like the idiots who eat themselves into 400 walruses and bitch because the coach seats on commercial airliners don't accommodate their morbidly obese proportions.
If the Indiana Colts owners, general manager, and coaches thought that Arthur Jones was a "slob" as you call him, they would not be paying him $30,000,000 dollars. Yes, that's right $30 million over his 5 year contract.

A little of info about the guy you "drmustang" call a "slob".

Professional career:
Pre-draft
He was considered as one of the top senior defensive tackles for the 2010 NFL Draft
Baltimore Ravens.....
Jones was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fifth round (157th overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft. He was signed to a three-year deal on June 21, 2010. During his rookie season in 2010, Jones played 2 games without recording a single stat.
2011 became the year where Jones saw more action by playing 14 games with 1 start, making 20 tackles.
During the 2012 season, the Ravens advanced to Super Bowl XLVII for the second time in franchise history against the San Francisco 49ers. In that game, Jones registered a fumble recovery as well as a key sack on 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The Ravens ended up winning the game 34-31, earning Jones his first Super Bowl Ring.
Jones had also helped the team get to the big game by recording 4.5 sacks in the regular season.
In 2013, Jones played 14 games (started 13) with 4 sacks on 53 tackles.
Indianapolis Colts.....

Jones with the Colts in 2014.
On March 11, 2014, Jones signed a 5-year contract with the Indianapolis Colts, worth more than $30 million. During his first season with the Colts in 2014, Jones played 9 games (started 3) with 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble on 34 tackles.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:48 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I know someone who got rid of their C7 also because they were too cramped. And they are nowhere near as big as an NFL lineman.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Crawler
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Guns
That's huge and shredded. Are you a competitive bodybuilder?
No. I just got really serious a few years ago. I was in my mid twenties at the time and am fortunate to have slightly higher than average testosterone levels. For a while I was only working about 25 hours a week running a side business while I reevaluated my career goals.

So I had the time. I got very dedicated about my diet and my routines. I am actually a bit lighter than I used to be. I don't have the time to push like I used to, and I had a bad back injury from work at one point. So it set me back. I lost about 50lbs during that time. I've put about 30 of it back on.

I usually fluctuate between 8% and 9%. When I slack off and enjoy summer I'll get up to about 11%. Once you get to the point of sub 10%, its not to maintain. The challenge of getting there is mostly mental.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:51 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
You are totally missing the point. Professional athletes are in the shape required to play THEIR sport (that's how they're paid). Football players don't HAVE to run 7 miles so your comparison is silly, at best. Can you press 250 pounds 20 times? It's great you can run 7 miles, but frankly, unless you can run those 7 miles in under 8 minutes each, big deal (average person can WALK a mile in 15 minutes). Tell you what, go play 30 minutes of REAL full court basketball, you'll be gassed in 10 minutes. Same with football. Go run 5 pass patterns while being DEFENDED, you'll be half dead.

Jimmy
If anyone watched the Rockets/Clippers game seven the other day did you see Dwight Howard rebound a free throw with Chris Paul literally on his back?
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...s-nba-playoffs
Old 05-19-2015, 08:05 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
If the Indiana Colts owners, general manager, and coaches thought that Arthur Jones was a "slob" as you call him, they would not be paying him $30,000,000 dollars. Yes, that's right $30 million over his 5 year contract.

A little of info about the guy you "drmustang" call a "slob".

Professional career:
Pre-draft
He was considered as one of the top senior defensive tackles for the 2010 NFL Draft
Baltimore Ravens.....
Jones was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fifth round (157th overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft. He was signed to a three-year deal on June 21, 2010. During his rookie season in 2010, Jones played 2 games without recording a single stat.
2011 became the year where Jones saw more action by playing 14 games with 1 start, making 20 tackles.
During the 2012 season, the Ravens advanced to Super Bowl XLVII for the second time in franchise history against the San Francisco 49ers. In that game, Jones registered a fumble recovery as well as a key sack on 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The Ravens ended up winning the game 34-31, earning Jones his first Super Bowl Ring.
Jones had also helped the team get to the big game by recording 4.5 sacks in the regular season.
In 2013, Jones played 14 games (started 13) with 4 sacks on 53 tackles.
Indianapolis Colts.....

Jones with the Colts in 2014.
On March 11, 2014, Jones signed a 5-year contract with the Indianapolis Colts, worth more than $30 million. During his first season with the Colts in 2014, Jones played 9 games (started 3) with 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble on 34 tackles.
That makes him an overpaid, under performing slob.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Sourmug
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

So many slobs like this in todays NFL. 6' 3", 337 lbs is a slob. There are likely some football junkies out there who love these goons but I'm sorry this simply does not constitute an athlete. A pig like this will have a hard time squeezing his fat *** into any vehicle. I'm 60 years old, exercise 4-5 times a week, 6' 3" 230 and fit great in a C7 as I did in my C6, C5s, and C4s. This kinda stuff drives healthy, fit, people nuts. Look at some of the offensive lineman as well. They can barely walk back to the huddle with their beer guts hanging half way down to their knees. Yeah, those are athletes. Its like the idiots who eat themselves into 400 walruses and bitch because the coach seats on commercial airliners don't accommodate their morbidly obese proportions.
I'm sure that he's deeply concerned about your rant...
Old 05-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

No. I just got really serious a few years ago. I was in my mid twenties at the time and am fortunate to have slightly higher than average testosterone levels. For a while I was only working about 25 hours a week running a side business while I reevaluated my career goals.

So I had the time. I got very dedicated about my diet and my routines. I am actually a bit lighter than I used to be. I don't have the time to push like I used to, and I had a bad back injury from work at one point. So it set me back. I lost about 50lbs during that time. I've put about 30 of it back on.

I usually fluctuate between 8% and 9%. When I slack off and enjoy summer I'll get up to about 11%. Once you get to the point of sub 10%, its not to maintain. The challenge of getting there is mostly mental.
Impressive. You're a big guy. I've never been that lean. Been training for 5 years and currently 6ft 220lbs @ ~15% body fat. Got down around 10% a few months ago at 205lbs, but felt like I looked small and deflated in clothes so I quit cutting.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 93 Posts

When teachers and pro athletes switch salaries. I'll begin paying attention to pro sports. Don't get me started on (c)rappers!

Get notified of new replies

To NFL Lineman Can't Fit In His C7 So He's Taking It Back

Old 05-19-2015, 10:00 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by dvilin
That makes him an overpaid, under performing slob.
Exactly! 30 million dollar contract for that feedbag is laughable isn't it. What a joke, 40 bucks to park at a game, $150 for a seat, $15 for a paper cup of picnic beer and a menu full of absurdly priced garbage. Forget about it. I quit subsidizing those illiterate narcicists a decade ago. No big deal, I'm sure they will be able to snort their coke and beat their wives without my donation.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:01 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

At 60 you are ancient. Should you be even on the road? And 230? For someone that is 60, that is a heart attack ready to happen - or even stroke! Don't kid yourself man. Time to sell your vette.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:06 AM
scooter68
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'd think a 60 year old would be a little nicer... Keep your hate to yourself!

Quick Reply: NFL Lineman Can't Fit In His C7 So He's Taking It Back