Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Stingray evaporator leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Marc VERO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE...Dealer now needs to replace Radio/Nav. Brought it in Friday, today is Tuesday. Waiting for radio to come in. Dashboard apart again. Still waiting fo return call from GM
Old 05-12-2015, 09:20 AM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc VERO
UPDATE...Dealer now needs to replace Radio/Nav. Brought it in Friday, today is Tuesday. Waiting for radio to come in. Dashboard apart again. Still waiting fo return call from GM
I would stop waiting on GM and find out what your state's lemon law process is, and invoke that process.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 660 Posts

OMG - I feel for you brother.

I think it is 15 days not 30.

If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days,
Are you over the limit yet? I would start the "free" things. Contact the AG office and see if you followed all the procedures and if you need to file a complaint. Also, there are attorney's that specialize in Lemons and I believe the first consultation is free. Find out how they are paid, I am not sure it is you that pays a fee or they get a cut of the settlement or if the manufacturer has to pay them. Make sure you have EVERYTHING documented. It is a arbitration process if I understand it. I think you can get a refund of the purchase price.

If it were me in your shoes - I would be livid and have already started the process.

Last edited by Flame Red; 05-12-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Marc VERO
Instructor

Just gets worse. Dealer called. Parts backorderd 3 to 5 days. Car might be ready by Tuesday.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Just gets worse. Dealer called. Parts backorderd 3 to 5 days. Car might be ready by Tuesday.
Closer to 30 days
Old 05-12-2015, 10:12 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Sorry to hear this took a turn for the worse. I was really wanting this to turn out well for you. I have anxiety about taking my care in for an oil change, much less major surgery like this. Doesn't help to hear when trips to the dealer end badly for others. In addition to doing my own oil changes I'll try to troubleshoot as much as I can before the car goes to the dealer.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

"Lemon" it. If you don't you are waving your rights and later you may really regret it. You can then get another car with the refund. If I am reading the AG site, you already qualify.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Marc VERO
Instructor

Update.. Still no car. Radio and Nav back ordered. Car now out of service 31 days. Got a call from GM corporate, they will call me Monday.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,447 Likes on 14,053 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Sorry you are going through all this with your car. Hope either the dealer gets the thing fixed or you get a lemon law settlement.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:39 AM
Marc VERO
Instructor

Update. Radio came in last Wednesday. Dealer called me Thursday. Installed radio, worked fine. Hooked up splitter and radio starting shorting out. Dealer to order part. Maybe get car back next Wednesday, if part comes in. Looking at 50 days. GM wont to buyback, maybe a trade assist .
After owning ten plus Corvettes, this might be my last one.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:55 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Marc - Boy it really hurts to read what happened to you. My question is why are you not following the process under Florida Lemon Law? Gooberment Motors is not going to play nice. I may be facing this and many others seem to be also. Florida seems to have a good law and to me, not being an attorney but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once, you certainly qualify under what I read on the Fl AG web site.

Stick it to GM and make them refund or give you a new car.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:23 AM
SpeedUp
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I agree- is there a reason you are not trying the lemon law route?
Old 05-25-2015, 11:27 AM
chipsvette06
Instructor

I agree. Keep us posted. Has GM not offered new car?
Old 05-25-2015, 06:18 PM
Marc VERO
Instructor

GM said point blank, they would not replace car. I was told that when the repair is complete, they might help with a trade assist. What that means, I dont know. I'm holding off with Lemon law. I'd prefer to hear what GM finally comes up with.If GM fails to step up, I will have no other choice but Lemon Law. I've documented everything.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

Did the dealer get this repaired?

GM said point blank, they would not replace car. I was told that when the repair is complete, they might help with a trade assist. What that means, I dont know. I'm holding off with Lemon law. I'd prefer to hear what GM finally comes up with.If GM fails to step up, I will have no other choice but Lemon Law. I've documented everything.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:19 AM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

GM WILL replace the car (or buy back) under the FL Lemon Law if ordered to do so thru the proper arbitration procedure. Been there...done that. Sounds like you have been very patient and such a nice guy that now you are being taken advantage of.

I have also had unsatisfactory negotiations with GM regarding my C7 and am driving my 4th, and last vette...
Old 06-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

What exactly do they mean by trade assist? If you can get into a new car with no $ out of your pocket, I would take them up on that. But I would be really surprised if they were that generous.

Doing my extensive research on Florida Lemon law, you qualify to file for arbitration since you are over the 15 cumulative day limit and I believe you are already over the 30 day limit for the "follow up" repair attempt although since you did not file I am not sure if they get more time.

I have not initiated the filing for my issues as GM completed a repair on the 14th cumulative day for me last Wednesday so I am on the road now driving it like I stole it to see if it is really fixed or not. If it is not, it will go back to the service department Monday and I will file immediately since I would then qualify. I would not be as patient as you are.

My wife keeps saying that she cannot believe that GM does not care and would not provide some "Good Will" to customers like us having issues. You know what "Good Will" GM offered me? They had XM offer me two months of extra XM service since my car was in the shop but I have to agree to my email being spammed with their marketing/sales BS. If I don't want the Spam I can forgo the wonderful generious 2 month extension "offer"! She was unaware of the GM Ignition Switch cases! If they are willing to let their customers be severely injuried or die, why would they care about some customer "only" inconvenienced by having their top of the line car sitting in the shop for weeks/months on end?

It is up to us to assert our rights under law.

Last edited by Flame Red; 06-05-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Stingray evaporator leak

Old 06-19-2015, 07:59 AM
Marc VERO
Instructor

GM has come back with offer. They will swap out for 2016 with same MSRP, minus Mileage usage. If I add any options, of course I would have to pay difference. I dont have it in writing, so going to dealer today to see if I can place order. I think GM is doing a special allocation for the new car.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

GM has come back with offer. They will swap out for 2016 with same MSRP, minus Mileage usage. If I add any options, of course I would have to pay difference. I dont have it in writing, so going to dealer today to see if I can place order. I think GM is doing a special allocation for the new car.

Congratulations! GM stepped up. I am so happy that this worked out for you so well. Aggravating, but in the end it will be worth it.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:02 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

That sounds good, but did they have specifics on what the "mileage use" number was per mile?

Quick Reply: 2014 Stingray evaporator leak