Sponsored by:

"You're not a real Corvette owner!"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 08:13 PM
C5A
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thC4at60
You were wrong. Move the friggin' car.....

Old guy - 600,000 miles in Corvettes....
I agree 100%. Why prevent others from getting fuel just since you are too lazy to move your car.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:22 PM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

Wow gang, way to welcome a new guy.

I must not go to the same stations as yall do, because I have not witnessed this mass exodus of cars from the pumps to other parking spots when their owners go inside the stations.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:51 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

I think you handled it maturely. Now, if you were lolly-gagging in the store, and could see a line of people behind your car waiting for you, then having a 5-10 minute conversation was indeed inconsiderate in this case.

Sorry fellas, I don't agree with the majority here. If I get gas and need to go inside for restroom or a quick purchase, then I am a paying customer and will leave my car at the pump and go inside as I see fit. I have seen far too many people in a rush at the station causing damage to cars with outright carelessness for me to -WANT- to move my car. Besides, its rarely sooo overly busy that the stations are full anywhere in town here..
Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Sargon
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

You were inconsiderate and the guy called you on it. Good on him.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:08 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Sorry man, if you're not buying/pumping gas, you don't belong at the pump. That being said, I would just shrug my head and move on.

I'm a BIG guy but have not been in many physical altercations in my life and don't intend to start at the age of 48. As others have said, size and age don't really matter if you run into the wrong guy.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,767 Likes on 4,190 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Congratulations for your response, diffusing the situation and not giving the guy the satisfaction......
Old 04-06-2015, 11:14 PM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

Originally Posted by Sargon
You were inconsiderate and the guy called you on it. Good on him.
Just wow.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:53 PM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

I own that pump.. Too bad for you, leave your house earlier if you're running late..

Want to know how many times I have been stuck behind that same guy out for a Sunday drive in the fast lane?? Ya the one making up the rules for the pumping rights... Welcome to the world Hurry up and wait.. Get over it..

When I see a sign at the pump that says pump and leave.. I will find another station. They make money with me going in.. Not pumping their gas..
Old 04-07-2015, 01:19 AM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,940 Likes on 1,310 Posts

Tough guys always amuse me...

When a man is too old to fight he'll just kill you....
Old 04-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Again you did the right thing with an irate person. Blocking the pump that long is rude.

And last I am far from perfect myself.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:03 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYC7
I own that pump.. Too bad for you, leave your house earlier if you're running late..

Want to know how many times I have been stuck behind that same guy out for a Sunday drive in the fast lane?? Ya the one making up the rules for the pumping rights... Welcome to the world Hurry up and wait.. Get over it..

When I see a sign at the pump that says pump and leave.. I will find another station. They make money with me going in.. Not pumping their gas..
Do you really think that they are making more money when you block other vehicles from filling up with gas? They would like it a lot better if you'd move your car then go inside so that others can buy gas. But thank you for leaving and going to another station if you don't like the rules.

I don't get the attitude of some of you, but I guess that is why common courtesy is so uncommon. I have no issue with people leaving a car at the pump a short time if you look around and there are plenty of open pumps. But if it's busy, why not move?

I guess you being in too big of a hurry to take a minute to move your car is okay but then you tell us to quit being in such a hurry.

I guess some of yall are the same ones who think its okay to roll a grocery cart with 40 items in it up to the express lane in the store.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:07 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
People pump their gas, then go inside the store or vice/versa. Happens ALL the time. I've had to wait for a pump to open up before. Not a big deal.

My exact words to that 60 year old dipshi# would have been, "Get the f*&k over it already!!!"
So let's say a friend of mine and I park our two cars a foot in front and behind you and sit their for ten minutes blocking you in when you come out. What would you say, and would you be okay with me telling you to get the F over it?
Old 04-07-2015, 08:27 AM
CriticalmassGT
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by rcooper
You did the right thing, good for you...but don't ever assume that at 60 he's not fit and don't think 6' 2" and 220 will scare everyone.
I know what you are thinking, and most times you are right, but, damn, you don't want to caught in the wrong assumption.
Enjoy your car, your girlfriend and you life, continue to make good decisions and all will be good for you.
Polite, smart move..

I'm 6'3, 230 pounds (with Sig Sauer in hand). In my experience, the older they are, the more likely they are to carry at all times.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,070 Likes on 593 Posts

What I usually do is when I get gas and have to use the rest rooms I just pull into the parking area. It's just being considerate. Of course any ******* can go into a rant but rudeness works both ways. I can't tell you how many times I've waited for some inconsiderate jerk to get gas or a parking spot while they take their good old time loading groceries, get in the car, light up a smoke, check their makeup, turn on the radio, pull out their I phone, start the car to warm it up, slowly back out while there's 7 cars waiting to get by, and then give me a dirty look! I like to say, just THINK next time.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
I would say the older guy did not handle it well but he did have a right to be upset. Leaving your car at the pump for 10 minutes is going to upset most people who are trying to fill up and get on their way.
As for your size and age do not let that mislead you into false security, that old guy could have been carrying an equalizer, you would be surprised at how many people these days are armed.
Agreed.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:22 AM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
Do you really think that they are making more money when you block other vehicles from filling up with gas? They would like it a lot better if you'd move your car then go inside so that others can buy gas. But thank you for leaving and going to another station if you don't like the rules.

I don't get the attitude of some of you, but I guess that is why common courtesy is so uncommon. I have no issue with people leaving a car at the pump a short time if you look around and there are plenty of open pumps. But if it's busy, why not move?

I guess you being in too big of a hurry to take a minute to move your car is okay but then you tell us to quit being in such a hurry.

I guess some of yall are the same ones who think its okay to roll a grocery cart with 40 items in it up to the express lane in the store.

Yes, I do believe they make more money on junk food purchase over 16 gallons of gas. Not hard to figure out. If they made money on gas only no reason to have salty snack isles..

It's a convenience store too. They want you to come in, they want you to purchase cheesy snacks... 14 pumps and 6 parking spaces in front.

Look the whole deal was about one guy taking up one pump.. Was that the only pump? So the old mans frustration was directed at 1/14 of the customers.. no? Billy Badass should of got in the front of all the pumps to toot his horn to all...

And just so you know.. Ya I'm that guy!! I would of shut the car off popped the hood and checked every fluid, belt.. Just to do it.. Wouldn't make a difference which vehicle I was driving either.

The world doesn't open up like the parting of the red sea for you either. Get in line and enjoy your day.. It will go much easier another pump will open up in a few minutes. Unless your in Mayberry.... I hear they only have 2 pumps one each side...
Old 04-07-2015, 10:23 AM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was out of line, but you did a dick move by parking in front of a pump for 10 minutes. Sure plenty of people do it, but its still rude.

Get notified of new replies

To "You're not a real Corvette owner!"

Old 04-07-2015, 10:26 AM
r75vet
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lesson to learn

After reading this thread I believe the OP is one of the more mature posters here.

His posts were polite and he admitted his mistakes.

It's amazing to me how many of you were just incredibly rude about him being rude as though you each have never inconvenienced another person in your life.

We should all try to be polite in how we act and how we talk to each other. When you are wronged you can choose how you react and choosing anger is a sign of immaturity. We all wrong others from time to time.

Maturity does not come with age it comes with humility and the understanding that we all share the world together.

The OP was the more mature person in this situation and shows it again by his follow up statement.

It's sad but I can say from this thread there are an awful lot of really immature vette owners out there who I hope I never have the opportunity to meet. Life's just to short to spend that way.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:31 AM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
I'm a BIG guy but have not been in many physical altercations in my life and don't intend to start at the age of 48. As others have said, size and age don't really matter if you run into the wrong guy.
I agree with this 100%, I train on/off at a MMA style gym when I'm not nursing injuries. Some of the older guys there you would never expect how quick they could ruin your day. Im talking coaches that are short middle aged potbellied sloth looking that nobody on this thread would last 1 minute with.

Not even mentioning if you start something with an armed person.

Its one thing to tell somebody off and leave, but another to challenge them physically.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:33 AM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by r75vet
It's amazing to me how many of you were just incredibly rude about him being rude as though you each have never inconvenienced another person in your life.
Its not that he inconvenienced someone, although he did, its that he mentioned escalating the situation to violence because he felt he had a physical edge.

Quick Reply: "You're not a real Corvette owner!"