Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! To stripe or not to stripe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Holy C7
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default HELP! To stripe or not to stripe?

Hello forum friends,

Im about a day or two away from placing my C7 order and have decided on everything except whether or not to get the dual racing stripes. My car will be an Arctic White coupe with gray interior and the ZF1 appearance package and if I do get the stripes, it will be the Blade Silver full length dual racing stripes. I have only seen one car so far with this combo. I think the light stripes on the Arctic White color, especially with the gray interior, might look pretty hot. What do you guys think? Do the stripes hold up in the long run (numerous washes, etc)? Opinions on this combo?

Going nuts trying to decide Any advice will be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Digfoot
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Holy C7
Hello forum friends,

Im about a day or two away from placing my C7 order and have decided on everything except whether or not to get the dual racing stripes. My car will be an Arctic White coupe with gray interior and the ZF1 appearance package and if I do get the stripes, it will be the Blade Silver full length dual racing stripes. I have only seen one car so far with this combo. I think the light stripes on the Arctic White color, especially with the gray interior, might look pretty hot. What do you guys think? Do the stripes hold up in the long run (numerous washes, etc)? Opinions on this combo?

Personally, I am not a fan of the stripes, but I know your AW will be beautiful with or without stripes. It is really a very personal decision. If you like em, then get em. I like AW, but the wife doesn't so I went with second choice....black. Enjoy!!
Old 04-05-2015, 08:50 PM
SevenTurns
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

I think the dual stripes look great. You could always remove them if you decided you didn't like the look. Just a thought. Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Holy C7
Instructor

Originally Posted by SevenTurns
I think the dual stripes look great. You could always remove them if you decided you didn't like the look. Just a thought. Good luck with your decision.
This is true. Probably easier to remove later on, than to get ones installed.

Thanks for the replies guys! Ill be up most of the night trying to decide lol
Old 04-05-2015, 08:54 PM
cvwb
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Hello forum friends,

I had the same questions which generated this thread a while back:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...h-stripes.html
Old 04-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Holy C7
Instructor

Originally Posted by cvwb
I had the same questions which generated this thread a while back:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...h-stripes.html
Lots of good photos and ideas in that thread. Thank You
Old 04-05-2015, 08:57 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Always loved the stripes...

Up to you and what you can live with....
Old 04-05-2015, 09:03 PM
magredrod
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

This is true. Probably easier to remove later on, than to get ones installed.

Thanks for the replies guys! Ill be up most of the night trying to decide lol
Ditto on removing later if you changed your mind although I doubt you would if the stripes are something you're considering today. Never thought I would ever own a Vette with stripes but ordered by AW with Crystal Red stripes last year and to me they compliment the car very well. After a year when I see an AW w/o stripes it looks naked to me (no offense to other AW owners w/o stripes). Your combo will look great and you'll love the look in person even better than pics you've seen or done the GM site. Good luck with your decision and post pics later regardless of which way you go.

Outside NCM Day 1

Old 04-05-2015, 09:06 PM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

there is a reason why most high end cars do not have stripes (for the most part). you are only going to find stripes on lower end cars like mustangs.

stripes IMO look awful.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Holy C7
Instructor

Originally Posted by magredrod
Ditto on removing later if you changed your mind although I doubt you would if the stripes are something you're considering today. Never thought I would ever own a Vette with stripes but ordered by AW with Crystal Red stripes last year and to me they compliment the car very well. After a year when I see an AW w/o stripes it looks naked to me (no offense to other AW owners w/o stripes). Your combo will look great and you'll love the look in person even better than pics you've seen or done the GM site. Good luck with your decision and post pics later regardless of which way you go.

Outside NCM Day 1

Thanks bud. Im leaning towards going with them. Beautiful ride you have there. Damn...with the C7, there really is no bad combos and thats what makes finalizing everything so difficult lol
Old 04-05-2015, 09:17 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,583 Likes on 1,647 Posts

Have you thought about the stinger stripe as an option?

Old 04-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Holy C7
Instructor

Originally Posted by LIE2ME
Have you thought about the stinger stripe as an option?

I sure did, and thats not a bad look either on White.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:19 PM
plumalan
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Here is what I think

Hello forum friends,

My thoughts<br/>

Never had a car to attract so much attention
Old 04-05-2015, 10:35 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 309 Likes on 134 Posts

Nice color combo, I really am glad I ordered the gray interior on my ZF1 package. The car looks fine without but get what you want, Blade silver is nice. Would of gone white but wanted a new color.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,439 Likes on 14,048 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by MikeLsx
there is a reason why most high end cars do not have stripes (for the most part). you are only going to find stripes on lower end cars like mustangs.

stripes IMO look awful.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. The stripes available on the C7 look great on the car.

Originally Posted by magredrod
Case in point - the AW with crystal red stripes look awesome. If it were me, that would be the color I would go with.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:51 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
the AW with crystal red stripes look awesome. If it were me, that would be the color I would go with.
Amazing look!!
Old 04-05-2015, 11:01 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 309 Likes on 134 Posts

The car looks nice in white and no stripe is needed but it's your call. If your dead set on a strip then the Blade Silver is and would be the way to go.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP! To stripe or not to stripe?

Old 04-05-2015, 11:32 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by C2367
The car looks nice in white and no stripe is needed but it's your call. If your dead set on a strip then the Blade Silver is and would be the way to go.
Stripes probably began with racing--as a way of individual cars being recognized by those in the pits. On the street they're really serving no purpose (except maybe drawing police attention).

That said, buy them if you want. I think I'd go with no stripe.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:37 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Hello forum friends,

Just not a fan of stripes.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I am not a fan of stripes, but I do like the stinger stripe a lot. But get what you like not what we like.

Quick Reply: HELP! To stripe or not to stripe?