Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 07:25 PM
05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

It's a non-Z51 and a convertible, so shouldn't be any constraints with either of those factors. The guy at the dealer said "the constraints change from week to week". But seems to me they are pretty consistent lately- e.g. yellow, body colored roof panel, Z51, etc.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:42 AM
wnyoutlaw
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

I called my rep today. Sequence code 3000. Order has been accepted with a TPW of 5/11. He stated I should have it early June. I just dont understand how that is possible with VY having a 0% constraint in combination of Z51 and painted roof constraints.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,367 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by wnyoutlaw
I called my rep today. Sequence code 3000. Order has been accepted with a TPW of 5/11. He stated I should have it early June. I just dont understand how that is possible with VY having a 0% constraint in combination of Z51 and painted roof constraints.
It's not. Ask for a copy of the GM Order Workbench.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:17 AM
wnyoutlaw
Advanced

At this point, I am going to wait and see. There are only a couple of weeks to the TPW. I certainly hope that they are not lying.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:45 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wnyoutlaw
At this point, I am going to wait and see. There are only a couple of weeks to the TPW. I certainly hope that they are not lying.
Your call. But you're paying for the service that they are not providing.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:48 AM
wnyoutlaw
Advanced

But at this point, I really have no choice. I figure if it falls threw, I will be first order for a 2016.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:16 PM
05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Burning Brakes

Over a month after paying $10,000 deposit and still no news for mine----ugh.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Can you please track # SMZD7T
Dena:12:08:58 PM
Congratulations on your new vehicle order, Mark! Please allow me a moment to look into this information for you.
Dena:12:09:56 PM
The preliminary order has been accepted and is under review for approval by the plant. Once approved, they will begin to schedule the vehicle for production. There is no Target Production Week (TPW) at this time.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I thought April 23rd was the last day for 2015 Vette orders to be accepted?
Of course GM chat and my dealership claim to have no knowledge at all. After this crappy experience, I'll never custom-order a car again from GM.

Last edited by 05XLRtoC7_San Diego; 04-23-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Dream C-5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05XLRtoC7_San Diego
$1k isn't bad at all. My dealer (Courtesy Chevrolet in San Diego, CA) required a $10k non-refundable deposit. My deposit money was transferred to them on March 28, which I've heard was the last day to allocate for 2015s. However, found out that they have not even submitted my order yet for my 2LT convertible- artic white with kalahari. They claim they will do it this week, but I'm a bit skeptical after reading all the posts here.

If they can't get the order in, I sincerely hope they don't try to hold onto my money until the 2016s arrive, which would be 4-5 months. Am tempted to try to cancel it and just find a dealer that has a similar car in stock, and try to get it with the supplier discount.
-Mark
Stay away from Courtesy and go to Jimmie Johnson Chevroley on Balboa. I had a bad dealins with courtesy in the past.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:37 PM
05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Burning Brakes

Curious to hear what your experience was with Courtesy? They have horrible customer service. I do not recommend them to anyone. They provide ZERO updates. High pressure. Never respond to e-mails. Very shady behavior there. However, out of 4 dealerships in SD, they were the only ones that would let me test-drive (couldn't decide between coupe vs convertible, auto vs manual).

I had a really bad experience with Jimmie Johnson. They WOULD NOT let me test-drive the car before buying, which is ridiculous for a $66k+ vehicle. They wouldn't even let me test drive a USED 2014 with 2,500 miles. No way I'd ever give them my business to someone that treated me that way.
Same thing with Bob Stall- they claim to have sold 250 C7 Vettes, and not a single person testdrove before buying. WTF??!

Seems like all of the Chevy dealerships in San Diego are horrible. They are used to selling $14k Sparks and Cruises- and have that mentality.
Well, if my 2015 order doesn't make it though, I'm going to cancel and demand my $10k back. No way they are holding onto my money until August for a 2016.
Will follow everyone else's lead on the Forum and just order from Kerbeck, MacMulkin, or Mike Furman at Chriswell and have it shipped to SD.

Originally Posted by Dream C-5
Stay away from Courtesy and go to Jimmie Johnson Chevroley on Balboa. I had a bad dealins with courtesy in the past.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:56 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Curious to hear what your experience was with Courtesy? They have horrible customer service. I do not recommend them to anyone. They provide ZERO updates. High pressure. Never respond to e-mails. Very shady behavior there. However, out of 4 dealerships in SD, they were the only ones that would let me test-drive (couldn't decide between coupe vs convertible, auto vs manual).

I had a really bad experience with Jimmie Johnson. They WOULD NOT let me test-drive the car before buying, which is ridiculous for a $66k+ vehicle. They wouldn't even let me test drive a USED 2014 with 2,500 miles. No way I'd ever give them my business to someone that treated me that way.
Same thing with Bob Stall- they claim to have sold 250 C7 Vettes, and not a single person testdrove before buying. WTF??!

Seems like all of the Chevy dealerships in San Diego are horrible. They are used to selling $14k Sparks and Cruises- and have that mentality.
Well, if my 2015 order doesn't make it though, I'm going to cancel and demand my $10k back. No way they are holding onto my money until August for a 2016.
Will follow everyone else's lead on the Forum and just order from Kerbeck, MacMulkin, or Mike Furman at Chriswell and have it shipped to SD.
"No test drives" is pretty common. $10k deposits are not.

Quick Reply: C7 Ordered