Sponsored by:

1Lt

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 02:17 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by TennisFreak
LOL that is a pretty messed up way to think about it.

So what do you say about all the people who buy a 1LT Z51 optioned out the exact way they want where the price comes out to the same or more as a 2LT?

How about for some the 2LT is a waste of money as the cost vs. what you get is not worth it? I don't want or need the 2LT features for the most part.
Memory seats? Don't car no one is driving the car but me so the seats wont be adjusted hardly if ever.
Heated/Cooled seats? Neat feature but my wifes car has it and I hate heated seats. Cooled seats are nice but not something I really care about.
Radio? I hear people comment about the better radio. Its the same exact radio with 1 extra sub. Honestly the subs suck anyways so I will put my own in. The 1lt just saves me from having to replace 1 existing sub.
HUD - This is cool and I like it. Wish I could 1 off this upgrade.
Homelink visor - I can do this myself in seconds for less than $150.

If I was jumping trims it would be from 1 - 3 LT and yes Chevy made that upgrade so high it prices a vetted to an area I don't want to pay for. Could I afford it? Yes but I would not be happy paying that much for it.
EXACTLY!

I special ordered my Z51 exactly like I wanted it. What I wanted from the 2LT, I bought and had it installed or installed it myself.
(When I got my 500 mile oil change, they installed the visor for me. Took all of 5 minutes and I love the homelink visor.)

Saved a ton of money and got what I wanted. I couldn't be happier.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:58 PM
probono
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts

I bought a 1LT in Blade Silver, black interior, M7, and the only options I added were red calipers and the battery protection package. Price (before tax) was $50,900, and I thought that was a great deal. With a black interior, 2LT is not very different. Never had a HUD and thought it unnecessary, didn't really care if there were emblems on the seats, dimming mirror not too important because I never drive at night, didn't think I needed heated seats because I won't be driving when it's cold, and cooled seats, I didn't think, was necessary with air conditioning. I did get lucky with the painted roof. I agree that memory seats would have been nice for exiting the car, but I can do that manually. Only things I have added are splash guards and a Lloyd's Luxe cargo mat which really cuts down on the noise. Added strips of Xpel to protect the door sills, and a CAGS eliminator.

Couldn't be happier!

Ken
Old 04-19-2015, 10:11 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

I considered the 1LT, but after already having HUD and all the other beneficial features of the 2LT on my 2007 C6, it would have been difficult to go without. Plus HUD on the C7 makes the C6 HUD look like an old DOS (operating system).
Old 04-19-2015, 10:38 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor430
If you bought a 1Lt, are you happy with that decision?
I'm thinking about a 1LT Automatic...guessing the painted roof won't happen...
Yes, it must be Red, and black interior.

I may have to order it. How long does that normally take?
seems I can get employee pricing... $57K reduced to $50K
I would not buy unless they have a painted roof.
The clear top is nice once is a while but full time use no..
1lt is great. Even better in the Z06 since hud, NPP, and mag ride is included.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:40 PM
Fast98
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 lt here nav npp all I want love it
Old 04-20-2015, 12:01 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

Im in this boat now, found good deals on 1lt z51, but i really need butt warmers, cooled seats and navi. Is that something i can fit in myself? How much would that run me?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:50 AM
grandpawmoses
Race Director

Received 95 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by kotik
Im in this boat now, found good deals on 1lt z51, but i really need butt warmers, cooled seats and navi. Is that something i can fit in myself? How much would that run me?
You'll be much cheaper to go ahead and get the 2LT. You'd be replacing seats, wiring harnesses, heat & air controls, infotainment center, GPS antenna, etc.
With the 2LT you would also get memory seats (with a little more adjustability) and HUD to mention a few added items, plus a little more when/if you trade it in. Before someone flames me I'm just responding to his question.

Last edited by grandpawmoses; 04-20-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:57 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
You'll be much cheaper to go ahead and get the 2LT. You'd be replacing seats, wiring harnesses, heat & air controls, infotainment center, GPS antenna, etc.
With the 2LT you would also get memory seats and HUD to mention a few added items, plus a little more when/if you trade it in. Before someone flames me I'm just responding to his question.

If one really needs any of those creature comfort items in the 2LT trim, then the best cost effective way is just getting a 2LT period. In addition the warranty will still cover it for the duration of the bumper to bumper coverage.

Quick Reply: 1Lt