Sponsored by:

NoviStretch

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Digfoot
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NoviStretch

Does anyone have (or know where to find) any videos that show the installation of the Novistretch bra?

Also, it sorta freaks me out having anything rub against the paint/clear coat. People say that this bra does not vibrate or slip around at speed which would certainly mark the clear coat. especially id grit and grime get between the bra and the finish.

If I get one I would not use it year-round. I live in Florida and twice a year we have an invasion of "Love bugs" and they are very caustic to automobile paint. I don't really mind washing my car every day during those seasons, but was considering an added precaution.

Any first hand experiences where there was damage from the bra? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 950 Likes on 498 Posts
Tech Contributor

many it of us have done thousands of miles with the novistretch, it does not abrade the paint. And I have run thru love bugs with it. I'm in ft laud.

Get one...
Old 03-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Digfoot
Instructor

Originally Posted by Glen e
many it of us have done thousands of miles with the novistretch, it does not abrade the paint. And I have run thru love bugs with it. I'm in ft laud.

Get one...
Thanks a LOT!
Old 03-16-2015, 01:49 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Novistretch website has an installation video.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Digfoot
Instructor

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
Novistretch website has an installation video.
Thanks!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

There is quite a bit more to installing a C7 mask versus what it took for my C6 but it is worth it IMO. It really saves the chore of cleaning bugs off your Corvette. You won't find any better customer satisfaction than what you'll will get from Andrew at NoviStretch.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:07 PM
C7 Laguna Blue
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This past Friday a friend took me to the house of the guy that developed and manufactures Novistretch products.

I was unfamiliar with the product and he has a mask on his own C7 and my friend has one for his C6.

He explained his product and answered all my questions.

I've never been a fan of bras, but I would not hesitate to put a Novistretch mask on my C7 if I was taking a road trip.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:59 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 503 Likes on 347 Posts

Novistretch best of both worlds with out the hassle of the traditional vinyl bra install. Besides they stand behind their product until you are 110% satisfied and unfortunately that is rare these days in a vendor. Got the mirror covers as well...every bit as effective...no rubbing !!
Old 03-16-2015, 07:04 PM
SEVETGO
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

An absolute must for a road trip...they work great ...does not abraid the paint and is easy to put on and off and store....get one!!!!!
Old 03-16-2015, 07:13 PM
rob03zo6
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The best cover ever
Old 03-16-2015, 07:46 PM
Thepiazza
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
many it of us have done thousands of miles with the novistretch, it does not abrade the paint. And I have run thru love bugs with it. I'm in ft laud. Get one...
Once your bra is covered with all those lovely bugs how do you go about cleaning them off once you return home?
Old 03-16-2015, 08:06 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 950 Likes on 498 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Thepiazza
Once your bra is covered with all those lovely bugs how do you go about cleaning them off once you return home?
Completely filled with bugs?
Hose it down, rinse in bucket of soap water to soak, rinse, machine wash.

But so far, simple rinses in the sink and a machine wash does it for mine.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:21 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

The installation video makes it look very easy to install. Definitely on my list of goodies to buy for my car.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Rave
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Digfoot
Does anyone have (or know where to find) any videos that show the installation of the Novistretch bra?

Also, it sorta freaks me out having anything rub against the paint/clear coat. People say that this bra does not vibrate or slip around at speed which would certainly mark the clear coat. especially id grit and grime get between the bra and the finish.

If I get one I would not use it year-round. I live in Florida and twice a year we have an invasion of "Love bugs" and they are very caustic to automobile paint. I don't really mind washing my car every day during those seasons, but was considering an added precaution.

Any first hand experiences where there was damage from the bra? Thanks.
Novistretch does a great job of keeping small debris out of the radiator and without a doubt is the best bug catcher bra I've ever seen, but unfortunately it can also catch other things such as grains of sand and such. I found this out the first time I used the Novistetch bra. Got home and washed it out in my utility sink. Lot's of bug debris but also some sand.

The good news is the Novistretch fits pretty tight so even if the bra does catch some sand and other abrasives, odds are it shouldn't rug against the paint very much, but for added protection you can also have XPEL Ultimate or some other clear bra material applied.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:44 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rave
Novistretch does a great job of keeping small debris out of the radiator and without a doubt is the best bug catcher bra I've ever seen, but unfortunately it can also catch other things such as grains of sand and such. I found this out the first time I used the Novistetch bra. Got home and washed it out in my utility sink. Lot's of bug debris but also some sand.

The good news is the Novistretch fits pretty tight so even if the bra does catch some sand and other abrasives, odds are it shouldn't rug against the paint very much, but for added protection you can also have XPEL Ultimate or some other clear bra material applied.
Sounds like it should be rinsed out on a daily basis if you are driving in areas where sand and other abrasive debris are prevalent.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Rave
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
Sounds like it should be rinsed out on a daily basis if you are driving in areas where sand and other abrasive debris are prevalent.
I agree, and I do, although I don't drive in areas where sand is prevalent. The miracle fabric is great for catching fine debris, just like the same fine debris that ends up in most auto carpets.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:52 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...at-75-mph.html

Get notified of new replies

To NoviStretch

Quick Reply: NoviStretch