Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ron Fellows Driving School

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 03:03 AM
arcticZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Short of my wedding, and the birth of my child it was one of the most exciting experiences of my life!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:15 AM
2014C7
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by silversmoke1957
I am interested in attending the Ron Fellows Driving School. Seems like most everyone finds it to be a great experience. I do have a question, however. Seems like they have a shortage of room accommodations and will not allow participants to stay overnight on the final day of class. This is less than ideal from my perspective. It would be nice to kick back and relax; get a good nights sleep and then depart the next morning. Since this is not possible, my question for those of you who have attended this course is where did you stay on the night of the final day of class? Did you find comfortable accommodations nearby or did you have to drive into Vegas for the night?
I hit the airport.
totally agree with alll I was there recently for 3 day feb 2-4 for 3 day.
Giggled like a little kid most of the time.
The best investment in mods you will make is learning how to drive better.
These guys have a great program!

Recommend!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:35 AM
arcticZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014C7
I hit the airport.
totally agree with alll I was there recently for 3 day feb 2-4 for 3 day.
Giggled like a little kid most of the time.
The best investment in mods you will make is learning how to drive better.
These guys have a great program!

Recommend!
That was my class as well!
Old 02-13-2015, 05:27 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't mind the class being full. I'm not in a rush to do it. It's ok if I have to do it in 2016. Just want to get in on the deal thats all.

WHen do you pay for it? the day of class, or upon sign up?
Old 02-13-2015, 06:31 AM
14 Stingray
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 11B250
I don't mind the class being full. I'm not in a rush to do it. It's ok if I have to do it in 2016. Just want to get in on the deal thats all.

WHen do you pay for it? the day of class, or upon sign up?
I paid at sign up, and then I paid for the extra two nights about 1-2 weeks prior to arrival. My class was a Mon-Weds, so we arrived Sun evening, and checked out Weds
Old 02-13-2015, 06:36 AM
14 Stingray
Instructor

I am interested in attending the Ron Fellows Driving School. Seems like most everyone finds it to be a great experience. I do have a question, however. Seems like they have a shortage of room accommodations and will not allow participants to stay overnight on the final day of class. This is less than ideal from my perspective. It would be nice to kick back and relax; get a good nights sleep and then depart the next morning.

Since this is not possible, my question for those of you who have attended this course is where did you stay on the night of the final day of class? Did you find comfortable accommodations nearby or did you have to drive into Vegas for the night?
We drove to Vegas, and we stayed a couple extra days there to site see and take in a couple shows, made a "working vacation" of it. Its about an hour or so back depending what part of Vegas you are staying in, and whether you drive back on the strip, or take the interstate .
Old 02-13-2015, 08:15 AM
Surly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To sign up for the Corvette owners driving class you will need the VIN #. If you are planning on taking the 3 day class your best to sign up once you get your VIN #. You only have 1 year to take advantage of the discount.

I just received my VIN # this week and early November only had a few openings. You pay for the class when you register, and it is non-refundable. They did tell me it was transferable, but not sure how you could do this inside of your 1 year time frame. They are booked up 8 months before you even get your car.

The cost of the class includes 1 night stay. The cost for extra nights while you are taking the class will be billed about two weeks before your class.

Lots of openings for the 2 day classes though.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Questar
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 120 Posts

I am interested in attending the Ron Fellows Driving School. Seems like most everyone finds it to be a great experience. I do have a question, however. Seems like they have a shortage of room accommodations and will not allow participants to stay overnight on the final day of class. This is less than ideal from my perspective. It would be nice to kick back and relax; get a good nights sleep and then depart the next morning.

Since this is not possible, my question for those of you who have attended this course is where did you stay on the night of the final day of class? Did you find comfortable accommodations nearby or did you have to drive into Vegas for the night?
I drove to Vegas because that's what I wanted to do... But there were other options right there in Pahrump. Several people in our class stayed in their condo the extra night... Guess there was room that week.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:05 AM
mjpcowboy
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

The Pahrump Nugget is the only other decent place to stay in my opinion if the condos are full. It is only a 10 min drive and seems to be a decent place. The driving school is a must do and is well worth it.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:14 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Surly
To sign up for the Corvette owners driving class you will need the VIN #. If you are planning on taking the 3 day class your best to sign up once you get your VIN #. You only have 1 year to take advantage of the discount.

I just received my VIN # this week and early November only had a few openings. You pay for the class when you register, and it is non-refundable. They did tell me it was transferable, but not sure how you could do this inside of your 1 year time frame. They are booked up 8 months before you even get your car.

The cost of the class includes 1 night stay. The cost for extra nights while you are taking the class will be billed about two weeks before your class.

Lots of openings for the 2 day classes though.
How on earth am I supposed to be within 1 year if it's full all the way out to a year? lol

I figured as long as you "pay" for it, you can do it whenever (let's say april 2016)
Old 02-13-2015, 01:06 PM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

<---- April 30 - May 1 Can't wait.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 11B250
How on earth am I supposed to be within 1 year if it's full all the way out to a year? lol

I figured as long as you "pay" for it, you can do it whenever (let's say april 2016)
Nope. You have to take the class within the year. If its close you can call them and GM may give you an extension, but its on a case by case basis.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:23 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
Nope. You have to take the class within the year. If its close you can call them and GM may give you an extension, but its on a case by case basis.
oh jesus... that sucks. puts a tough bind if the classes are full! Not fair either.

Oh well, when my car comes I'll try to take a spot I suppose.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Detroit Steel
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Front Page News!

Looks amazing! Thought the Front Page crowd should know about it too...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...ust-c7-owners/
Old 02-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Kevin 64
Instructor

Default I highly recommend it

I did the three day course last year. I cannot say enough about the course of instruction and the hospitality. I worried about what my wife would do for three days. She ended up spending the whole time in the instruction area getting rides from the instructors. She would be the first to tell you, I was one happy dude. Never thought I could drive that fast in curves. If you can do it, you should!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Mmixer
Intermediate

I will be in the class on Monday morning. Based on all the comments I am glad I did the 3-day program.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:19 AM
tubajim
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mmixer
I will be in the class on Monday morning. Based on all the comments I am glad I did the 3-day program.
Just home from finishing the 3 day on Wednesday. What a hoot! Zoom zoom. You're gonna LOVE it!

Get notified of new replies

To Ron Fellows Driving School

Old 02-20-2015, 02:26 PM
gregd
Racer

Originally Posted by Questar
You can read all the articles but until you take this course you really have no idea just how great the C7 is or what the stock car is actually capable of. I took the 3 Day Level 1 course about two weeks ago. Phenomenal! The facility is First Class. The instructors are the best I've seen anywhere and the knowledge they passed on is literally THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU CAN MAKE IN YOUR CORVETTE.

I had my car for almost a year before taking the course and thought I knew the car pretty well. Boy was I wrong. The instructors gave me a whole new understanding of the car and of its' capabilities... Worth every bit of the cost.

I loved it so much I signed up for Level 2 plus another "3rd day" lapping session
Going back in May, start with a repeat of level 1 "3rd day" and then move into level 2.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Babaron
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Just back from the Ron Fellows School last week. Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to do all 3 days...DEFINITELY the right decision.

GREAT experience! A must-do for ALL Vette owners. I was the first (or maybe the 2nd) Z06 student there. Good news is that you get to drive a Z06 for most of the course. Bad news is that the price for the 3rd day has now gone up if you haven't already booked it. Plus a $10k deductible with no waiver option for the Z06.

The Z06 is absolutely AMAZING on the track. Although I am no Jeff Gordon, I never even got close to its limit. I drove the Z51 the first morning and was impressed with it. Thought it was almost as fast as my Z06. But when I got to the Z06 and put it in track mode w/ PTM for the 1st time (never did that w/ mine), it lit up like nobody's business and flew like a cougar!

I recorded last half of the course with the PDR and will learn even more from watching it. Definitely take a 32-Gig card with you.

Instructors there are 1st class!

Can't wait to go back!

Ron

Last edited by Babaron; 02-20-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:28 PM
c2c7rjw
Cruising

I haven't read every word on this thread but I know someone must have said what great instructors they have. And so I'll second (or third) that. If you are on the fence about going - just do it. It was a lot of fun and the whole 2 day event went like clockwork. No hassles, no waiting around for the next thing to happen. Learned a lot and what a HOOT !!

Quick Reply: Ron Fellows Driving School