C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seattle Area Dealer Service-who's the best?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 02:38 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Default oil changes

Originally Posted by dajayc
Did you have to pay for the oil change? I thought the first 3 were free? When I try to schedule mine they want me to pay...
No you get 4 oil changes the 1st 2 years of ownership ( mine is a 2014 Z-51 ) !!! I didn't do my 1st one until 3200 miles from KC to Seattle area ( Kent ) March 2014 !!! Then i did my others 6months apart until my last one is September 2015 !!! Wayne

Last edited by wgood; 06-09-2015 at 02:39 PM. Reason: forgot to use the word "free "
Old 06-09-2015, 08:26 PM
RRRRED
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Jordon at Issaquah Chev is GREAT!

Originally Posted by techshooter
Was that Michael's Chevrolet in Issaquah? I had asked this same question a few months ago, and got zero feedback here. I'm in Maple Valley.
I have taken my 2009 C6 to Jordon at Issaquah Chevrolet. He is really good. He cares about his work and has lots of experience on Corvettes. If you take your car there, ask for Jeff as your service advisor and make sure he knows that you want Jordon to work on your car.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:00 AM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

I've used Bellevue Chevrolet for my vette's since 1998. I haven't had any issues with them. They are just off the 405 NE 4th exit.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:20 PM
rramjet
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Any one use Roy Robinson in Marysville for Vette service?

They are the most convenient for me and always seem to have a few Corvettes on the lot.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:52 PM
FrancisDGarcia
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle Area Dealer Service-who's the best?

Originally Posted by rramjet
Any one use Roy Robinson in Marysville for Vette service?

They are the most convenient for me and always seem to have a few Corvettes on the lot.
I do and have been very happy with their level of service.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:18 PM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Sorry to sidetrack the discussion but it seems like a pertinent question given the title. I live in the Seattle area (Redmond, WA) and I am looking at my options including getting a courtesy delivery for a C7 Z51 3LT - will only be ordering end of the year though.

My question is whether anyone here has done a courtesy delivery with a dealership in this area and if yes, what was your experience like? I asked Lee Johnson Chevy up in Kirkland and got a "No, my manager doesn't let me do courtesy deliveries." Any other dealerships here that you've had good experiences with for a courtesy delivery?
Old 07-06-2015, 02:11 PM
0v3rc10ck3d
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've taken mine to lee johnson, make sure the corvette tech works on it though (old guy in his 50-60's, hes good). They'll let anyone do basic stuff like an oil change so you have to double check.
The following users liked this post:
knightindustries2000 (09-24-2021)
Old 07-06-2015, 03:45 PM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by graj6
Sorry to sidetrack the discussion but it seems like a pertinent question given the title. I live in the Seattle area (Redmond, WA) and I am looking at my options including getting a courtesy delivery for a C7 Z51 3LT - will only be ordering end of the year though.

My question is whether anyone here has done a courtesy delivery with a dealership in this area and if yes, what was your experience like? I asked Lee Johnson Chevy up in Kirkland and got a "No, my manager doesn't let me do courtesy deliveries." Any other dealerships here that you've had good experiences with for a courtesy delivery?
I did my through North Bend Chevrolet years ago for $300. The local's either wouldn't do it or wanted too much or were trying to extract $ from the dealer I bought the car from. With dealers around here thinking they can get MSRP + $10K for a Stringray and MSRP + $25K for a Z06, they are not really interested in helping folks that have a brain and look for a decent price elsewhere. They should be thrilled with you bringing the car in for regular service and if / when they get allocation enough to be remotely competitive would have built up a customer relationship that they you would WANT to buy a car from them. Logic doesn't run rampant at local dealers here in the NW.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:14 AM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kevincol
I did my through North Bend Chevrolet years ago for $300. The local's either wouldn't do it or wanted too much or were trying to extract $ from the dealer I bought the car from. With dealers around here thinking they can get MSRP + $10K for a Stringray and MSRP + $25K for a Z06, they are not really interested in helping folks that have a brain and look for a decent price elsewhere. They should be thrilled with you bringing the car in for regular service and if / when they get allocation enough to be remotely competitive would have built up a customer relationship that they you would WANT to buy a car from them. Logic doesn't run rampant at local dealers here in the NW.
Thank you. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-wa-or-or.html was another thread I found. Apparently Chevy of Puyallup accepts courtesy delivery too. Like you say, it's pathetic that these folks here charge the standard markup of $10K at least and will happily **** off customers who would like to build a relationship with them. Right now though, from the dealers in the area I talked to, only Bellevue was brazen in asking me for the ten grand markup, the rest seemed willing to atleast negotiate on price.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:46 AM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-wa-or-or.html was another thread I found. Apparently Chevy of Puyallup accepts courtesy delivery too. Like you say, it's pathetic that these folks here charge the standard markup of $10K at least and will happily **** off customers who would like to build a relationship with them. Right now though, from the dealers in the area I talked to, only Bellevue was brazen in asking me for the ten grand markup, the rest seemed willing to atleast negotiate on price.
When I stopped by Lee Johnson Chev in Kirkland they also had the $10K "constraint" fee on their Stingray. It was locked and since I had both my kids with me (thus didn't drive up in my Z06) he had no interest in talking to me as he didn't think I was "serious". Bellevue Chevrolet has me on their annual "call to annoy me list" since I get my service done there. After I had ordered my C7 at GM Supplier pricing via Mac Mulkin I told him the deal I got and said I would have bought through them if they would have been competitive like dealers elsewhere in the US. I guess they have experience that the allocation of three Corvette's they get a year that they can rip someone off. Not a great way to increase allocation as they sit on those Corvette's for weeks to a month.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:09 PM
rramjet
Pro

Got an oil change at Speedway Chevy in Monroe yesterday. They had the Mobile 1 15/50 I needed for my Driving school and changed it as one of my free changes. I have no complaints.

Roy Robinson didn't have the oil. Said I could get some at Wal Mart and they would put it in. Also advised if they put Mobile 1 in I would have to pay the difference between it and the recommended oil.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:41 PM
graj6
Burning Brakes

When I stopped by Lee Johnson Chev in Kirkland they also had the $10K "constraint" fee on their Stingray. It was locked and since I had both my kids with me (thus didn't drive up in my Z06) he had no interest in talking to me as he didn't think I was "serious". Bellevue Chevrolet has me on their annual "call to annoy me list" since I get my service done there. After I had ordered my C7 at GM Supplier pricing via Mac Mulkin I told him the deal I got and said I would have bought through them if they would have been competitive like dealers elsewhere in the US. I guess they have experience that the allocation of three Corvette's they get a year that they can rip someone off. Not a great way to increase allocation as they sit on those Corvette's for weeks to a month.
Interesting, I guess that's because back when you bought, the C7 was still in its first model year and in high demand? I was able to get dealerships in Austin, Texas and Michael's of Issaquah to give me test drives, whereas I felt like I was dealing with the mafia when I walked into the Bellevue dealership. Puyallup almost let me test drive one but reneged when it started raining (I can respect that). Neither Bellevue nor Lee Johnson let me have a test drive unless I bought one first.

Is Bellevue good at servicing the car and part installs (I'm thinking about adding third party mods like skirts, splitters and some minimal interior parts which I don't want to do DIY)? I know you said you liked them above but were there any concerns like grease/scratches left on the door handles or seats or consoles after you had it serviced? Any particular techs they have that do great work on them? Bellevue dealerships - be it the BMW one or the Chevy one - never give me a good feeling which is why I take the current car (2013 BMW 328i) down to Tacoma/Fife.

Got an oil change at Speedway Chevy in Monroe yesterday. They had the Mobile 1 15/50 I needed for my Driving school and changed it as one of my free changes. I have no complaints.

Roy Robinson didn't have the oil. Said I could get some at Wal Mart and they would put it in. Also advised if they put Mobile 1 in I would have to pay the difference between it and the recommended oil.
Hmm Monroe, saw them on my way to Leavenworth last weekend... fair drive out from Redmond but I guess I'd do that if nearby dealers are crap at fixing things. Also are there now three free oil changes total then including the 500 mile one?

I just spoke to Lee Johnson and the guy claimed he had two Corvette techs including some guy named Brian/Bryan who did great work on vettes. Is that the older 50-60ish guy solmeone mentioned above?
Old 07-09-2015, 12:32 AM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Interesting, I guess that's because back when you bought, the C7 was still in its first model year and in high demand? I was able to get dealerships in Austin, Texas and Michael's of Issaquah to give me test drives, whereas I felt like I was dealing with the mafia when I walked into the Bellevue dealership. Puyallup almost let me test drive one but reneged when it started raining (I can respect that). Neither Bellevue nor Lee Johnson let me have a test drive unless I bought one first.

Is Bellevue good at servicing the car and part installs (I'm thinking about adding third party mods like skirts, splitters and some minimal interior parts which I don't want to do DIY)? I know you said you liked them above but were there any concerns like grease/scratches left on the door handles or seats or consoles after you had it serviced? Any particular techs they have that do great work on them? Bellevue dealerships - be it the BMW one or the Chevy one - never give me a good feeling which is why I take the current car (2013 BMW 328i) down to Tacoma/Fife.
My interaction with Bellevue Chevrolet is a yearly dance because I always bring my Corvette in to them for servicing. So, they always are calling me to trade in my current Corvette for whatever they have on the lot, which is rare or calling me up constantly when the new model year is coming out. If they had allocation and did supplier pricing I would buy from them in a heart beat. Their sales folks, like every Corvette salesperson I have interacted with in the NW is essentially clueless. IMO they should just tell you up front they don't know what they are talking about or they should spend evenings keeping up on forums like this. When they are clueless, it is an indication to me that they are only interested in a sale, not a relationship and that they don't really give a damn about this car. They might as well be selling used cars somewhere.

The interaction I am referring to above was this year, like 3 weeks ago. So, it had nothing to do with being the first model year. They have been this way essentially since I bought my first Corvette back in 1998.

In regards to service, I have never had any issues with them. They are close to where I work and offer shuttle service. Since everything has been done to spec and nothing has had a need to be brought back and they always ask about washing the car -- which I kindly refuse, I like them for service. They never returned the car with grease marks, etc. on the car. I also always bring my own oil and just pay them for the labor. It works out nice for me. I have never met the service tech, but I doubt it is the same one since I have been going there since 1998. So, 17yrs. of continually service by them over 3 Corvettes and no problems for me. I guess that is a resounding "I trust them" statement. Once I get my C7 I still plan on taking it to them.

I haven't used them for 3rd party mods ever. Personally I am not into mods, though I fully respect people that are. I just have some personal preference about only having factory/GM official gear on my car (except for when I am racing and then I use different brake pads and rotors -- when I was racing my C5).
Old 07-09-2015, 12:20 PM
rramjet
Pro

"Also are there now three free oil changes total then including the 500 mile one?"

Thought there were 5 if you have a Z51, 4 if not.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:46 PM
RRRRED
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Issaquah Chevrolet

Originally Posted by RRRRED
I have taken my 2009 C6 to Jordon at Issaquah Chevrolet. He is really good. He cares about his work and has lots of experience on Corvettes. If you take your car there, ask for Jeff as your service advisor and make sure he knows that you want Jordon to work on your car.
Yes, that Is Issaquah Chevrolet aka Michael's Chevrolet in Issaquah
Old 07-09-2015, 03:15 PM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

"Also are there now three free oil changes total then including the 500 mile one?"

Thought there were 5 if you have a Z51, 4 if not.
For 2016 models I believe it is changing from 4 free changes to 2, but I haven't actually picked up my car to get the full scoop on that or validated from a dealer. I believe that with the Z51, which I have ordered, that I still get the 500 mile one for free.

At the end of the day, I'm going to get what they are going to give me regardless... Would be nice to get four, but I already ordered the car so it's too late to make a difference.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:23 PM
rramjet
Pro

For 2016 models I believe it is changing from 4 free changes to 2, but I haven't actually picked up my car to get the full scoop on that or validated from a dealer. I believe that with the Z51, which I have ordered, that I still get the 500 mile one for free.

At the end of the day, I'm going to get what they are going to give me regardless... Would be nice to get four, but I already ordered the car so it's too late to make a difference.
Gotcha. Didn't know they reduced them for 2016's; I was going off my 2015.

Get notified of new replies

To Seattle Area Dealer Service-who's the best?

Old 07-09-2015, 09:50 PM
graj6
Burning Brakes

My interaction with Bellevue Chevrolet is a yearly dance because I always bring my Corvette in to them for servicing. So, they always are calling me to trade in my current Corvette for whatever they have on the lot, which is rare or calling me up constantly when the new model year is coming out. If they had allocation and did supplier pricing I would buy from them in a heart beat. Their sales folks, like every Corvette salesperson I have interacted with in the NW is essentially clueless. IMO they should just tell you up front they don't know what they are talking about or they should spend evenings keeping up on forums like this. When they are clueless, it is an indication to me that they are only interested in a sale, not a relationship and that they don't really give a damn about this car. They might as well be selling used cars somewhere.

The interaction I am referring to above was this year, like 3 weeks ago. So, it had nothing to do with being the first model year. They have been this way essentially since I bought my first Corvette back in 1998.

In regards to service, I have never had any issues with them. They are close to where I work and offer shuttle service. Since everything has been done to spec and nothing has had a need to be brought back and they always ask about washing the car -- which I kindly refuse, I like them for service. They never returned the car with grease marks, etc. on the car. I also always bring my own oil and just pay them for the labor. It works out nice for me. I have never met the service tech, but I doubt it is the same one since I have been going there since 1998. So, 17yrs. of continually service by them over 3 Corvettes and no problems for me. I guess that is a resounding "I trust them" statement. Once I get my C7 I still plan on taking it to them.

I haven't used them for 3rd party mods ever. Personally I am not into mods, though I fully respect people that are. I just have some personal preference about only having factory/GM official gear on my car (except for when I am racing and then I use different brake pads and rotors -- when I was racing my C5).

Thank you. I guess that makes Bellevue or Michael's in Issaquah my primary options for service when I get a C7 and maybe Lee Johnson (if they can actually give me a competitive quote as good as forum dealers like their salesman claims). This will be my first Chevy (apart from my dad's Cruze so many years ago) and I'm dreading having to negotiate car deals again - this despite negotiating down a Mazda 3 from Lee Johnson just a few weeks ago for my girlfriend. Now that she has a 4/5 seater practical ride, I can go about planning the C7

Anyone have any comments about North Bend Chevy (since they seem to accept courtesy deliveries) for PDI / servicing / part installs / specific mechanics?

Last edited by graj6; 07-09-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:25 AM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you. I guess that makes Bellevue or Michael's in Issaquah my primary options for service when I get a C7 and maybe Lee Johnson (if they can actually give me a competitive quote as good as forum dealers like their salesman claims). This will be my first Chevy (apart from my dad's Cruze so many years ago) and I'm dreading having to negotiate car deals again - this despite negotiating down a Mazda 3 from Lee Johnson just a few weeks ago for my girlfriend. Now that she has a 4/5 seater practical ride, I can go about planning the C7

Anyone have any comments about North Bend Chevy (since they seem to accept courtesy deliveries) for PDI / servicing / part installs / specific mechanics?
That's the point... Don't negotiate. Just go through one of the dealers on this forum. Of the four Corvette's I have bought living in Seattle only one did I buy locally. That was because the 2004 Z06 was end of generation and they were discounting to get it off the lot. The other three were from east coast dealers. One was courtesy delivery and the other two were R8C. No need to worry about negotiating with the local's as if they do match supplier, they don't have allocation so they are just stringing you along. A friend of mine got a dealer down in Kent to say he would do supplier discount and took his deposit. He knew he didn't have allocation and then when he got one allocation he didn't want to honor it. My friend knows the regional GM branch guy and told him and then the dealer honored it. Time it took from "placing the order" to getting the car >6 months.

A Corvette purchase should be a fun process, not a PIA process because the locals don't know how to sell Corvette's or how to price them competitively.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:44 AM
fizzman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to make a deal with Chevy Bellevue when i was ordering my '15 C7. they stuck to their ADM of 10K over MSRP when forum dealers were offering supplier pricing. i decided to go with Les Stanford and had the car courtesy delivered to North Bend. when the sales person at North Bend tried to give me crap about not buying local, i told him that the dealership could not match the price and timeline and he shut up good then.

i would recommend you do a forum dealer purchase & courtesy deliver to a WA dealership

Quick Reply: Seattle Area Dealer Service-who's the best?