Sponsored by:

Hang in there or bail?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 07:41 AM
rockerontour
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hang in there or bail?

This might even be a question for a dealer and I appreciate any input. I put down a deposit at the end of Nov 14 for a 2015 C7 2LT Convertible in Laguna Blue w z51 appearance tc etc.. I paid FULL RETAIL for a custom order(money is not an issue,i just want the friggin car!)
When i placed the order, and put down a hefty deposit I was told that GM would be slow in taking orders until after the new year due to factory shut downs etc..so i was not expecting any action on the order until after the new year.
Well, it seems that the local dealership STILL doesnt have an order placed for me,,i was told that allocation is not a problem but that GM has been slow in taking new orders and to call back at the end of Feb.
I can certainly wait another 2 weeks as requested, but at that time i will ask for my deposit back if they cant get an order placed by then, as the build "wait" time would then compromise my spring/summer fun,,does this sound right to you? if its normal, i can wait but if this smells funny to you(it does to me)then please advise and thanks in advance for your advice!DO I BAIL AND HIT ANOTHER DEALERSHIP OR HANG IN THERE?
Old 02-11-2015, 07:51 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

What does your GM Workbench order sheet's status code show? Request for it if you haven't yet. If you are still at 1100 then your dealer does not have an allocation. Status code 2000 indicates GM has accepted your dealer's order.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:53 AM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rockerontour
This might even be a question for a dealer and I appreciate any input. I put down a deposit at the end of Nov 14 for a 2015 C7 2LT Convertible in Laguna Blue w z51 appearance tc etc.. I paid FULL RETAIL for a custom order(money is not an issue,i just want the friggin car!)
When i placed the order, and put down a hefty deposit I was told that GM would be slow in taking orders until after the new year due to factory shut downs etc..so i was not expecting any action on the order until after the new year.
Well, it seems that the local dealership STILL doesnt have an order placed for me,,i was told that allocation is not a problem but that GM has been slow in taking new orders and to call back at the end of Feb.
I can certainly wait another 2 weeks as requested, but at that time i will ask for my deposit back if they cant get an order placed by then, as the build "wait" time would then compromise my spring/summer fun,,does this sound right to you? if its normal, i can wait but if this smells funny to you(it does to me)then please advise and thanks in advance for your advice!DO I BAIL AND HIT ANOTHER DEALERSHIP OR HANG IN THERE?
Time to bail. I waited 28 days with out a work bench order from the first dealer I placed a deposit with. Then I canceled and went to a larger volume dealer and had a work bench order the next day.
My order stalled at 1100 for awhile because of constraints on the dual top option and the chrome wheels. Dropped them from my order and it went to 2000 the next day.
I was paying MSRP, but by the time my car was delivered my dealer was discounting C7's $2500.00

You need to talk to a larger dealer in your area or one of the dealers that sponsor our forum. Good Luck
Old 02-11-2015, 07:56 AM
rockerontour
Advanced

Originally Posted by Calif Vetteman
Time to bail. I waited 28 days with out a work bench order from the first dealer I placed a deposit with. Then I canceled and went to a larger volume dealer and had a work bench order the next day.
My order stalled at 1100 for awhile because of constraints on the dual top option and the chrome wheels. Dropped them from my order and it went to 2000 the next day.
I was paying MSRP, but by the time my car was delivered my dealer was discounting C7's $2500.00

You need to talk to a larger dealer in your area or one of the dealers that sponsor our forum. Good Luck
Thank you , I will request a worksheet, I dont have one,i was trying to be patient but I am assuming that I am not 2000 since they told me that they havent been able to get GM to pick up their order.. I DID order chrome wheels, do you think that is the problem?
Old 02-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rockerontour
Thank you , I will request a worksheet, I dont have one,i was trying to be patient but I am assuming that I am not 2000 since they told me that they havent been able to get GM to pick up their order.. I DID order chrome wheels, do you think that is the problem?
It's not a problem until you get a work bench order. Once you get the work bench order you can check the items that are on constraint here on the forum. You can also check your status with Customer Service here on this forum, but you will need your order number in order to do that.

Chrome wheels were at 10% constraint when I ordered my C7 back in Sept. That means that only 10% of the orders for chrome wheels were being filled. A dealer knows what his allocation is for each item that is on constraint weekly, or bi-weekly, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:12 AM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Hang in there. It's worth the wait.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

I ordered my 2015, July 22. It didn't go to 1100, until September 22. My dealer honored the original price. They did not add the August price increase.

Last edited by Tom/99; 02-11-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:14 AM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Bail, the dealer's doing you no favors, why do him one.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Check the forum dealers and see if something similar is in stock and have the car shipped to you or just order one from them. The discount from MSRP you will get will more than cover shipping costs and if the car is ordered you will get it much sooner than the dealer you are dealing with who appears not to have an allocation for you. And if money is no object, please send me a check for the advice-just kidding.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Len44
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Agree -- Bail.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:24 AM
jrainlay
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bail! The dealer has no allocation. Go to one of the high volume Corvette dealers (ranked no lower than 15), and you'll have your special order C7 in less than 3 months, and pay less for it too! However, at this late date, I would also consider the option of waiting for a 2016 car.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/C7-Co...75843822645030

Last edited by jrainlay; 02-11-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:28 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

I would get the worksheet, if your order has been accepted than I would wait if it is still at order submitted it is bail time.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:35 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Call Mike Furman @ Criswell. He can get your car.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:35 AM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Same advise I've given to many others in your shoes. Unless your car is a very unique build, you'll very likely find one at one of our forum dealer's lots (Kerbeck for me), and you'll likely save ~$6-$7K. Have it shipped or pick it up. Happy to help if I can - PM me if you have questions.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:56 AM
rockerontour
Advanced

Default thank you

Originally Posted by alienranch
Same advise I've given to many others in your shoes. Unless your car is a very unique build, you'll very likely find one at one of our forum dealer's lots (Kerbeck for me), and you'll likely save ~$6-$7K. Have it shipped or pick it up. Happy to help if I can - PM me if you have questions.
thanks guys! you are really awesome to take the time to advise. i will go down and simply do some "straight shootin" talking, request an updated copy of my GM Workbench Order sheet(i have the original from months ago but it has a "pending" order number)and either leave with some answers or with my deposit and in that case I will try to find a similar car somewhere but I am pretty particular about what i wanted..can you still order a "built for" plate for the interior w name on it if you buy from a dealer? I wanted that darn plate.. I will keep you all updated since you were kind enough to reply.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 AM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

You can check the constraint reports that are posted weekly on this forum. There is a ton of reliable and detailed info on the forum explaining exactly how the ordering process works. If an option that you ordered is at 0% or no allocation then that will hold up your order and your dealer should be suggesting a change if it's been three months now since placing. Seeing that he tells you to 'call back at the end of Feb.' says to me he's bs'ing you to keep from losing the 'full retail' order.

But after three months of waiting, I don't know how many ways it can be said. It appears your dealer has NO ALLOCATION for what you ordered, and/or you are far down on his waiting list. He knows in detail exactly which it is. Apparently he's not telling you, so it's Time to Bail - and save some money in the process even if that isn't important right now. The big dealers seem to be offering supplier pricing outright on some models.

I ordered a a '15 vert from a forum dealer that had one option at 50% constraint (Z51), and another at 20% constraint (chrome wheels). My car arrived at the dealer in late November 48 days after order placed. Built slightly earlier than the TPW with supplier pricing. If a dealer has allocation, it goes like CLOCKWORK.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:30 AM
kenrobb
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 85 Posts

I know it is hard to know what to do with GM ordering as it is. Dealer really has NO idea when or if your order will be picked up. There are many previous posts with your very same problem. My friend just went through same. GM wouldn't give allocation to Local dealer he placed deposit with in Oct for base coupe as Z06's ramping up. So in late Dec he cancelled his order there and went with Classic in Grapevine who had allocation that week. His order was built 1-21 and he picked up car on 2-6. You need to get with a dealer who HAS an allocation you can get right now. Where do you live?

Get notified of new replies

To Hang in there or bail?

Old 02-11-2015, 09:32 AM
pwj155
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I just checked cars.com for you, there are 454 verts, of which 28 are laguna blue. you could buy it today and have it shipped to your door. why wait any longer?
(I would check the forum dealers first)
Old 02-11-2015, 09:34 AM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticblast
Call Mike Furman @ Criswell. He can get your car.
Agreed, he may even have the car you want on his lot.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:36 AM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Before you make a decision on what to do, you really need to educate yourself on the whole order process. Find out about order codes, allocations, constraints - all that stuff. A lot of it you can find here on the Forum, and if you can't find it, ask one of the Customer Service people. Through out this whole process, you will always be your own best advocate!

Quick Reply: Hang in there or bail?