Sponsored by:

Hang in there or bail?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Gritty
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A big question is where are you located? If you are in Canada, you might be best to wait.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:10 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

BAIL!

I ordered my car on Dec 16th order accepted on Dec 26th and my car will be built next week.

I also saved about $7k off sticker but I have GMS. Most dealers can at least do better than retail.

Find a dealer that isn't jerking you around.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Indy-hp
Le Mans Master

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Bail, your dealer is lying to you. Go to a large dealer that sells lots of Corvettes.

I ordered my car 12/22 and picked it up 2/7 (7 weeks) and the plant was shut down for 2 weeks during that time.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:29 AM
gpmarsha
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ben dover
Bail, the dealer's doing you no favors, why do him one.
I ordered mine from Rick Hendricks City Chevrolet on 1-17 being built next week.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:34 AM
hedonistcpl32507
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newbie here who does not yet have his C7 Z51 yet. But I think the whole _GM is not taking orders thing is BS- I believe you are dealing with a smaller dealership which simply does not have allocation. I ordered Dec 22 and my AW Z51 coupe is being built this week. Good luck, but might look to larger dealerships with larger allocations. Your profile did not show where you live, but there are a number of dealerships here and there who seem to be able to get a vette ordered any time they wish.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:35 AM
DocGuy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '15

Once you decide to bail, call Kerbeck. I visited there last week b/c of a similar situation ( I put down a deposit last June to have an allocation ready for me in Jan 15). If I don't hit 2000 this week I will be at my decision point and will have no concerns calling Robert Frankel at Kerbeck. I have bought may new cars, and Kerbeck was far and away the best dealership I have ever visited or bought from. They have 150 plus 15s on the lot and have allocations a plenty. You will most likely not pay MSRP for a Base or Z51. You can expect to pay just MSRP for a Z06.

Hope this helps.

Doc Guy
Old 02-11-2015, 10:45 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by pwj155
I just checked cars.com for you, there are 454 verts, of which 28 are laguna blue. you could buy it today and have it shipped to your door. why wait any longer?
(I would check the forum dealers first)
Be careful... it can be misleading more often than not because Sold Orders also appear in cars dot com lists. Out of those 454 verts, some are dealer stock and some are pre-sold custom ordered units.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:47 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Bail.......even though you might have some deep pockets (paying MSRP and not worrying about what you paid).

You can save up to 10% of the MSRP currently. If $6000 or $7000 doesn't matter, then get what you want. Most people will take the savings. Dealers are loaded with C7's and my bet is you can find a great deal out there. A $6000 to $7000 savings from your order gives you extra funds for transport of the new C7 to your door, possible mods, state sales taxes, registration etc.

Ordering a new C7 now, your very close to the end of the model year. 2016's will began building probably in July. Your dealer or salesperson hasn't done anything special for you. Heck, he hasn't even provided the GM Workbench sheet to you.

Get your money and run, shop the major forum dealers and see what inventory they have.

You are in control, as your the one with the cash to buy the car. I had 2 dealers flat out mislead me on new orders and allocation, similar to your experience. I ended up finding a C7 with 99% of what I wanted and got the car for $800 "under" Invoice price.

Last edited by nmvettec7; 02-11-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:59 AM
pwj155
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by C7_Z06
Be careful... it can be misleading more often than not because Sold Orders also appear in cars dot com lists. Out of those 454 verts, some are dealer stock and some are pre-sold custom ordered units.
good advice, but all it would take is a phone call to find out for sure (better than waiting 3 months for nothing). as I said check forum dealers first.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:52 AM
rockerontour
Advanced

Originally Posted by kenrobb
I know it is hard to know what to do with GM ordering as it is. Dealer really has NO idea when or if your order will be picked up. There are many previous posts with your very same problem. My friend just went through same. GM wouldn't give allocation to Local dealer he placed deposit with in Oct for base coupe as Z06's ramping up. So in late Dec he cancelled his order there and went with Classic in Grapevine who had allocation that week. His order was built 1-21 and he picked up car on 2-6. You need to get with a dealer who HAS an allocation you can get right now. Where do you live?
i LIVE IN pA ZIP 18055
Old 02-11-2015, 11:54 AM
rockerontour
Advanced

Originally Posted by hedonistcpl32507
Newbie here who does not yet have his C7 Z51 yet. But I think the whole _GM is not taking orders thing is BS- I believe you are dealing with a smaller dealership which simply does not have allocation. I ordered Dec 22 and my AW Z51 coupe is being built this week. Good luck, but might look to larger dealerships with larger allocations. Your profile did not show where you live, but there are a number of dealerships here and there who seem to be able to get a vette ordered any time they wish.
Pennsylvania Zip 18055 Chevy 21
Old 02-11-2015, 11:58 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rockerontour
Pennsylvania Zip 18055 Chevy 21
Since you live in PA, I would contact Les Stanford as they are offering GM Employee Discounts until Friday of this week, and that is the best pricing ever, well below dealer Invoice.

Or

Go to one of the large dealers on the within a resaonable distance to you, Kerbeck, MacMulkin, Criswell or Coughlin. These are the biggest in your area, and most likely have something very close to what you would want in their inventory. You get the car immediately pick up or transport, and start to drive it.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:17 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticblast
Call Mike Furman @ Criswell. He can get your car.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,148 Posts

Over in the dealer section.......... Les Stanford is saying we have like 138 cars in stock and are over stocked.

Employee pricing for EVERYONE!!!! Have the numbers posted. Not sure how they do that but know 3 folks who made one call to Dennis Tapp(?) and it was that simple.

At the discount they are offering you could probably forgo your deposit and still be money ahead!!!!
Old 02-11-2015, 12:56 PM
rockerontour
Advanced

Default deposit refund possible?

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Bail.......even though you might have some deep pockets (paying MSRP and not worrying about what you paid).

You can save up to 10% of the MSRP currently. If $6000 or $7000 doesn't matter, then get what you want. Most people will take the savings. Dealers are loaded with C7's and my bet is you can find a great deal out there. A $6000 to $7000 savings from your order gives you extra funds for transport of the new C7 to your door, possible mods, state sales taxes, registration etc.

Ordering a new C7 now, your very close to the end of the model year. 2016's will began building probably in July. Your dealer or salesperson hasn't done anything special for you. Heck, he hasn't even provided the GM Workbench sheet to you.

Get your money and run, shop the major forum dealers and see what inventory they have.

You are in control, as your the one with the cash to buy the car. I had 2 dealers flat out mislead me on new orders and allocation, similar to your experience. I ended up finding a C7 with 99% of what I wanted and got the car for $800 "under" Invoice price.
if i wanted to get my deposit back,,and i am not yet at 2000 which means that no order has actually been placed,,do you think that i would still ahve a problem getting my refund back? Doe it mater if the order hasnt even been accepted yet? I am not really "cancelling" an order if or am i? thanks again.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:59 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

if i wanted to get my deposit back,,and i am not yet at 2000 which means that no order has actually been placed,,do you think that i would still ahve a problem getting my refund back? Doe it mater if the order hasnt even been accepted yet? I am not really "cancelling" an order if or am i? thanks again.
Don't ask them anything. Go in there and demand your deposit back because you were lied to. Or tell them they can give your deposit back to your attorney and that you're calling every customer service person and their boss at GM for the next month until they're so sick of hearing your voice they give you the money just to make it stop.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Fat Mike
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 730 Likes on 610 Posts

Rocker - you have already rec'd some great advice but I ordered my Z51 coupe on 10-30 and it was delivered on 12-15.

From my perspective, you are canceling the order with the dealer due to his non performance. It seems as though, and I certainly don't have all of the facts, your dealer does not have the allocation for the car. If he did, you would have rec'd your car weeks ago.

Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Hang in there or bail?

Old 02-11-2015, 01:07 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

I made a deposit of $2000 with my local dealer. After waiting 5 weeks for the order never went code 2000. I requested my deposit back. No problem. The delaer just sent my original check back to me. The dealer never cashed my check, and told they would not do so, until the final paperwork and car arrived from BG plant.

Yes, you can get your deposit back. The dealer did not perform for you.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:51 PM
pwj155
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Stanford has a 3lt vert lb 7m @ employee pricing would be a great deal!
Old 02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
vettesome
Advanced

I would bail. If you don't have an order number yet something is very wrong. I ordered my Z06 in November and it is being delivered tomorrow. I would be willing to bet they were putting you off until they received an allocation.

Quick Reply: Hang in there or bail?