C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove A/T shifter for console install.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 01:08 AM
pn229
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove A/T shifter for console install.

I am in the process of switching out my dash and console to hydrocarbon. I have been reviewing the different techniques for removing the consoles; however, I can't seem to find pictures, videos or schematics of how to remove or detach the automatic shifter for my C7. Does anyone have any ideas. Appreciate the help in advance.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:01 AM
TEAShea
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I removed mine - along with the dash bezel. As you know there are three sets of instructions here for removing the dash bezel. Once you remove the dash bezel, you have a big start on removing the console ----- The console is just held in place with the standard clips (like the ones that hold the bezel in place) - just lift up the edges of the console --- There are several electrical connectors to detach - just use a flashlight and you will see how they detach - As I remember you just squeeze them - the most difficult one is the one with the blue plastic piece ---- It also needs a squeeze to remove ---- The trim piece around the shifter boot also just clips on - just press the tabs - I recommend that you put painters tape over the new console before you install it ---- the shifter boot trim could scratch it
Old 02-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 958 Likes on 500 Posts
Tech Contributor

Pop the console and reach under and push the shift bezel up, it will pop out of the console plate....then just maneuver the plate out.....shifter should be in neutral to get this to pop.

Get notified of new replies

To How to remove A/T shifter for console install.

Quick Reply: How to remove A/T shifter for console install.