Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Corvette arrives today in Torch Red w/damage

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 03:24 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Don't let them buff out or "correct" anything. It's a brand new car. Remind them you bought it with brand new parts and that's the only thing that will satisfy you. Start there and tell them you want to be reimbursed $$$ for your troubles.

Good luck. To bad it happened to the very best color.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:26 PM
rickm2@tampabay.rr.c
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Lexus dealer makes a bigger margin and they can afford too! I am not saying the dealer didn't do wrong , they did in my opinion! But I have found when you have a relationship with your local dealer they cannot afford to not satisfy you!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:41 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by rickm2@tampabay.rr.c
You should buy from your local dealer. You probably got a better price 900 miles away but price isn't always the best deal!
I tried to order the C7 from my local delaer. They had no allocations after 5 weeks of waiting and they would not honor the GM Supplier/CU pricing plan. Buying out of state despite the current fiasco, saved me over $5000.....to me that's allot of coin.

The car I bought because of all the problems on the new order at the dealer I choose in Mo, was sold to me at GM Supplier Pricing and then another $1000 off that price. So, ultimately the car was sold to me at $800 below invoice. I could not beat that pricing from any other dealer in the USA, not even the very large big time dealerships.

Last edited by nmvettec7; 01-19-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:55 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Originally Posted by Thehack2002
Look for a Lexus carrier next time you're cruising the highway, they ship all their new cars in an enclosed transport.
Same for BMW. Don't understand why GM doesn't do the same for their premier sports car.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:02 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Issues with delivery and damage have been resolved with the dealer. After 1st writing detailed email correspondence (so there was documentation and photos) and after speaking with a representative of the dealership, they will be sending a check to cover expenses related to the damages mentioned via transport.

I am pleased with the result, and as most members here posted, they thought the dealership would work to resolve the issues and they did.

Check being sent via overnight FedEx.

Thanks all forum members who provided ideas, support and input regarding this issue.

Case closed.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:27 PM
Fat Mike
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 730 Likes on 610 Posts

NM - I'm glad to hear the issue is being resolved! Especially since it was here in NE at one point.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:33 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Fat Mike
NM - I'm glad to hear the issue is being resolved! Especially since it was here in NE at one point.
Yes, Mike, car came from York, NE. It was sitting in dealers showroom for 88 days, before the dealer I was working with bought the car from the dealer in York, NE.

It's a beautiful driving machine. Now I have to learn the car.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by rickm2@tampabay.rr.c
A Lexus dealer makes a bigger margin and they can afford too! I am not saying the dealer didn't do wrong , they did in my opinion! But I have found when you have a relationship with your local dealer they cannot afford to not satisfy you!
Totally depends on the business agenda and mindset of the local dealer. I have previously bought several cars from my local dealer and when he reneged on his word to sell me a C7 at invoice (or credit union discount) I dropped him like a hot potato. Bought from a non local dealer who had sold me several C5's and C6's at invoice and who honored the credit union discount. Local dealers service department is top notch so they wil still get all my maintenance needs.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:51 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Congrats on the outcome. Makes me think twice about buying out of state and shipping the car to me.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:59 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Blue Demon
Totally depends on the business agenda and mindset of the local dealer. I have previously bought several cars from my local dealer and when he reneged on his word to sell me a C7 at invoice (or credit union discount) I dropped him like a hot potato. Bought from a non local dealer who had sold me several C5's and C6's at invoice and who honored the credit union discount. Local dealers service department is top notch so they wil still get all my maintenance needs.
Just sent you a p/m. Mike
Old 01-19-2015, 10:21 PM
86V
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Is so killer! I'm a C4 snob. But that C7 really has me rethinking it. Drive it in the best of health.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:32 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,767 Likes on 4,190 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Glad to hear Marty and his people took care of you so quickly.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:00 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Glad to hear Marty and his people took care of you so quickly.
Steven:

It was the New Car Manager Michael that had really stepped up to the plate during the whole process from the blunders of the salesperson of original car order, to so many other aspects of this deal I did not even mention.

This transaction was a nightmare from start to finish, but the new car manager was such a professional, I stuck with the deal only because of his professionalism. He was the one that made the final resolve on the damage issue. After writing several emails to the owner of the dealership, the owner delegated Michael (New Car Manager) to resolve the issues that strung along during this buying process over a 7 week period.

The bottom line is that the dealership showed their integrity to please a customer, and make the transaction happen, and resolve the final issue of the damage during transport.

I understand Marty has a 1% ownership in the business, and a Texas businessman is the majority owner. It is however Marty's name that shares the name of the business which you know.

I must say, that I have made automobile purchases in the past, sight unseen of premium automobiles, and took delivery with no problems whatsoever. This was totally different from my past experiences.

This transaction on the otherhand, I would not want to go through again, or wish this process on anyone else. I am sure that other customers have had successful experiences with them, but I was not one.

One thing for sure, I love the Corvette C7 and as time passes, I will get to learn the car and really enjoy it. Bottom line, I am glad I got it, even with all the trouble and headaches.

Time to move on.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:06 AM
Thehack2002
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see the issue was resolved!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:10 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,767 Likes on 4,190 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

^^^ True, all true, my friend. I actually bought a Premier Edition Coupe from this dealership (#66 of 500). I actually had to return the car to save my marriage. Marty was terrific. I didn't know he had such a small ownership percentage though. The sales person I worked with is no longer with that dealership, so I don't know Michael, the New Car Sales Manager.

Anyway, get your car fixed and enjoy!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:01 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Issues with delivery and damage have been resolved with the dealer. After 1st writing detailed email correspondence (so there was documentation and photos) and after speaking with a representative of the dealership, they will be sending a check to cover expenses related to the damages mentioned via transport.

I am pleased with the result, and as most members here posted, they thought the dealership would work to resolve the issues and they did.

Check being sent via overnight FedEx.

Thanks all forum members who provided ideas, support and input regarding this issue.

Case closed.

Interested to hear what's going to happen to the $#!tbird salesman with zero ethics quotent................................. .He gonna be sitting around the break table with his "buds" yucking it up about not getting "this one" past a customer?
Old 01-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,243 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Did they fire the salesman?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Corvette arrives today in Torch Red w/damage

Old 01-20-2015, 10:41 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Did they fire the salesman?
I don't know. I got my resolve and won't be doing business with this dealership any longer. It is now a management issue.

If I was the owner, this salesperson wouldn't be working for me. A FedEx envelope with check will be delivered to me tomorrow as per our agreement.

I am quite sure that this salesperson will most likely screw things up again for someone. That just might be his last straw, who knows.

He is no longer a concern to me, the owner can throw him to the dogs for all I care. The service from this guy was terrible. The worst I have ever experienced in buying a car.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:24 PM
knote
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Just curious..I went to school at NMSU and worked at a golf course called Picacho hills. Do yo happen to live out there? House in the background of your Bette pics looked familiar. PS your new Bette is gorgeous!
Old 01-20-2015, 11:26 PM
knote
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Stupid autocorrect. Meant vette

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette arrives today in Torch Red w/damage