Dropped off my car for service on the flickering screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 05:54 PM
abrimberry
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by 0v3rc10ck3d
Does this or any functionality still work after the OnStar trial period expires?
From http://www.chevrolet.com/onstar-remotelink.html

RemoteLink Key Fob Services† are a component of the OnStar RemoteLinkTM2 app that gives you
access to features such as remote start as well as locking and unlocking—even when miles away
from your vehicle. This is included for five years after purchase of your 2014 Chevrolet vehicle, with
or without a paid OnStar® subscription. With Remote Link Key Fob Services, you can unlock your
automatic door locks remotely if your keys are locked inside or in case of an emergency. With factory
installed and enabled remote start, you can also remotely start or turn off your car, which is helpful for
cooling or heating the inside of your vehicle, and activate your vehicle’s horns and lights to help
locate it in a crowded parking lot.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Assasin
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
so I'm not the only one.......great, thanks for the info.

I'll just wait until it gets unbearable, right now it's not worth them fiddling around in there.
Thanks to all. Called the dealer. They suggested re program, but must see the car. They have changed 1 radio, and 1 screen on 2014 cars.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:03 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Does the new screen affect HD radio? My understanding is that the new cars don't have it. It is a must have for me.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 1,080 Likes on 549 Posts
Tech Contributor

they are just replacing the screen not adding any features with the swap. Mine done in Dec.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:20 PM
hawkfe
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

Had my screen replaced this past week. Talking with my service rep they have been having a lot of problems with this screen and when they got approval to order a new screen it turned out there's a new part number. (Must have went with a new vendor.) Anyway looking at the screen today it looks like the images are sharper , anyone else notice.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

No sharper here, looks same, but tech noticed a new connector type and wire color coding....
Old 02-22-2015, 10:27 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When the screen flickers try this, it worked for me. There is a thin frame on the top of the screen with a small lip. The screen can be moved up a very small amount to its stop by using a fingernail under this lip. Last fall the software update was performed on my car but only temporarily solved the problem. Then it came back and I determined that by pushing the screen up I could stop the flickering, and by putting slight pressure downward I could start the flickering. It was obvious that software was not the problem, and electrical contact was. It's been several months without a recurrence, even after opening and closing to access the compartment. Whether the fix is permanent, only time will tell.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I have an early model 14, vVIN 1247. I noticed for the first time this past weekend that the screen was flickering when I had the camera on the screen while backing into a spot. Is this part of the screen flickering problem? I have not noticed it otherwise.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Motohead279
I have an early model 14, vVIN 1247. I noticed for the first time this past weekend that the screen was flickering when I had the camera on the screen while backing into a spot. Is this part of the screen flickering problem? I have not noticed it otherwise.
if it flickers in any mode, it's going bad, no worries, they replace it. and yes, it's mostly the cars made in the 1st 6-8 months of production...mine was #3602
Old 02-23-2015, 11:13 AM
cyberay
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Motohead279
That is how I first noticed the flickering as well. Try what I describe in the previous post to get a better contact from the screen's electrical source. It's simple and could relieve the problem until you schedule a replacement.
Since pushing the screen that last little bit to its final position, I've noticed that it now returns to that position when closing and hasn't slipped from it on its own.

Quick Reply: Dropped off my car for service on the flickering screen