Sponsored by:

How pissed am I?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 05:25 PM
webdzynes
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike.dawson
Sorry I haven't updated this, but I was out of town the last week.

Just got back from the dealer. There's good news and weird news. The dealer had new, 2 week old, Service Manager who took this very seriously. He immediately had someone reduce the oil level to normal, and he confronted the tech in question....
First off, a two week old service manager is the weird part but I am very impressed that someone only 2 weeks old could actually intimidate a tech into fessing up! Imagine when when this kid hits age 2 or 3!!! He'll have his own dealership by then -
Old 12-12-2014, 05:42 PM
MADMANC7
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the nightmares
Old 12-12-2014, 08:46 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by BadUmp
Bought my 1st new GM in '78 and my last one in '03; and, I have to tell you Ladies and Gentlemen that it's a similar tale as this as to why there hasn't been a new GM darkening my drive in 12 years now, and probably never will again.....
Then just out of curiosity, why the heck are you even on this forum?
Old 12-12-2014, 08:54 PM
BadUmp
Team Owner

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Then just out of curiosity, why the heck are you even on this forum?
then I suspect you'll die just like the cat; because, this is a stupid question also .....
Old 12-13-2014, 08:28 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Issues like this can happen with any make car, not just Chevrolet.

There are plenty of Chevy dealerships to choose from. Best advice is to take the car to a different dealership next time. Regardless, this dealership lost the privilege of doing business with you.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 12-13-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Rgeezer
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Can't imagine why they wouldn't fire the tech on the spot. Having such a person on the staff means it is just a matter of time before this happens:

http://jalopnik.com/dealership-total...eal-1498804012

Many probably remember the "discussions" about that event here on the forum. While searching for the link, I discovered that nearly all of the negative reviews of First State Chevrolet associated with that event, on places like Google or Yelp, have been purged. I remember hundreds of scathing reviews and comments being posted at the time, and now they are all mysteriously gone. Just remember that next time you rely on reviews to select a business.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:13 AM
BadUmp
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rgeezer
Can't imagine why they wouldn't fire the tech on the spot. Having such a person on the staff means it is just a matter of time before this happens:

http://jalopnik.com/dealership-total...eal-1498804012

Many probably remember the "discussions" about that event here on the forum. While searching for the link, I discovered that nearly all of the negative reviews of First State Chevrolet associated with that event, on places like Google or Yelp, have been purged. I remember hundreds of scathing reviews and comments being posted at the time, and now they are all mysteriously gone. Just remember that next time you rely on reviews to select a business.

It's called "the Time Factor", since time has passed your memory isn't what it used to be. So you must be remembering things you thought you read. Guess there just might be a pattern(s) immerging here after all .....
Old 12-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Rgeezer
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BadUmp
It's called "the Time Factor", since time has passed your memory isn't what it used to be. So you must be remembering things you thought you read. Guess there just might be a pattern(s) immerging here after all .....
Yes, memory is so bad it is even corroborated by news stories at the time, ref: the comment about "google reviews" in USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...viral/4505435/

Old 12-13-2014, 12:58 PM
BadUmp
Team Owner

Don't feel bad, I've been accused of having similar memory lapses as well, I hate it when that happens...

Your observations and research are without a doubt rather intriguing though! Gives one pause as to why it would all have been redacted - hmmmmm

Originally Posted by Rgeezer
Yes, memory is so bad it is even corroborated by news stories at the time, ref: the comment about "google reviews" in USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...viral/4505435/

Old 12-13-2014, 01:20 PM
MADMANC7
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Mike.dawson,

My apologies to learn that these vehicle/dealership concerns are causing you a great deal of displeasure. If you feel additional assistance is necessary, I can communicate this with the dealer's Customer Experience Managers. Please message us privately if you would like to discuss this further, or if you simply want this matter documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
The local SM has handled the joyriding issue to my satisfaction. I wish I was as satisfied with the GPS issue, but it's being worked.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:31 PM
MADMANC7
Instructor

[QUOTE=Rgeezer;1588475699]Can't imagine why they wouldn't fire the tech on the spot. Having such a person on the staff means it is just a matter of time before this happens:

If I had pressed that option they might have fired him, but I stated up front I wasn't looking to get anyone fired. As it is he's got a formal reprimand and no more chances. The local SM also said he would use this as an opportunity remind the entire staff about proper behavior. That's good enough for me.

Quick Reply: How pissed am I?