Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indoor car covers--what's the point?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I use to be more inclined to keep the car showroom clean. As I got older, driving is more important to me. My car is currently dirty after using it all weekend. There was a time when it never sat dirty.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wan65
If using a Cal. duster correctly it wont scratch. I use an Indoor cover, it keeps dust off and keeps accidental scratches when stored in the garage, plus when removing the cover it still looks very detailed just like it did before I put the cover on.
So the correct way to use a California Duster is to throw it in the trash.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Wilross3
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by coupeguyz51
If you store your car in a garage during the nasty winter times, what is the point in covering it? Yes, it keeps the dust off, but you can take care of that with a California Duster...I don't know about you guys, but when the weather is foul, I like to go out in the garage with a glass of single malt in hand and look at my C7 honey and day dream about the Spring rides to come...can't do that if she's all covered up...
Easy answer - two kids (11 and 13) with bicycles stored in the garage, an indoor-outdoor cat who occasionally gets trapped in the garage at night and likes to sleep on top of cars, heavy pollen, especially fall and spring. I cover mine in the garage even in the summer unless I'm going to be driving in the next day or two... Keeps accidental scratches from rubbing up against the car getting bikes, basketballs, etc. out. The cover will definitely help keep my kids alive longer!
Old 11-25-2014, 11:25 AM
quadeddie
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you store your car in a garage during the nasty winter times, what is the point in covering it? Yes, it keeps the dust off, but you can take care of that with a California Duster...I don't know about you guys, but when the weather is foul, I like to go out in the garage with a glass of single malt in hand and look at my C7 honey and day dream about the Spring rides to come...can't do that if she's all covered up...
The point in covering it is so we can keep all of the rubber parts warm so they don't crack.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:57 PM
jaimeleger
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ok I'll tell u why and live in New England

1 Dust
2. Snow from when garage door open
3. Kids
4. Squirrels Cat footprints. (Rare but happened)
5. God forbid bikes, scooters,sleds.

I run the battery tender under the cover. All good until Spring. And my cover is so freaking cool looking.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Indoor car covers--what's the point?