Sponsored by:

2015 C7 battery failure

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Heidemarie
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
Default 2015 C7 battery failure

2015 Vert Z51 A8 with 840 miles ran perfectly since Delivery 5 Sep 14.
Parked car in garage Sunday afternoon (no problem) and tried to use it Monday. Could NOT even open doors. Since top was down, could reach inside to activate lever for doors. No Power. Could not start car or crank nor put shift in gear. All dead. Had car flat bedded to Chevy Serv. Dept.
Just had a call that car is up and running. Bad battery (they say must have had a bad cell from get go). All diagnostics done and all systems are working normally.
Question: Has anyone else experienced such battery failure? What could have drained the battery totally over night? I'm concerned that this could happen again, but next time on the road instead of garage.
Any explanation from forum experts would be appreciated. Thanks Heidemarie
Old 11-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 952 Likes on 499 Posts
Tech Contributor

stuff happens - bad cell from mfg...fix it and go have fun...
Old 11-18-2014, 11:34 AM
BBBOOMR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron Anamian, "The Car Doctor" says new is an acronym for Never Ever Worked.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:35 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Nothing has been reported on a systemic battery issue so far. Probably a bad one from the factory.

Drive and enjoy.

Elmer
Old 11-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,106 Likes on 6,184 Posts

Just what your dealer said. A bad cell. It happens. Could it happen again? Yes, but highly unlikely.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:22 PM
CETA 256
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Mine did the same thing about a month ago. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong. A day or two later, the wife and I were playing with the settings in the car and looked at the PDR system and noticed one recording the night it died that was 1hr 40mins long. We scanned through it and discovered that the system hadn't shut down as it was suppose to and ran the battery down. So double check the PDR system.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-car-dead.html
Old 11-18-2014, 02:07 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by CETA 256
Mine did the same thing about a month ago. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong. A day or two later, the wife and I were playing with the settings in the car and looked at the PDR system and noticed one recording the night it died that was 1hr 40mins long. We scanned through it and discovered that the system hadn't shut down as it was suppose to and ran the battery down. So double check the PDR system.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-car-dead.html

Has it happened again? If the PDR doesn't shut off I can see a problem by killing the battery.

Elmer
Old 11-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My 2014 Stingray battery was replaced several months ago. Dealer said it had a "bad cell." I also had to have a "re-flash" done to get the door lock LED lights to work. All is well now.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:07 PM
CETA 256
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Has it happened again? If the PDR doesn't shut off I can see a problem by killing the battery.

Elmer
I am not trusting it. Shutting it off before I turn car off.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Heidemarie
Racer

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Just what your dealer said. A bad cell. It happens. Could it happen again? Yes, but highly unlikely.
Thanks to everyone for your input and expertise. Just hope this will only be a one-time occurrence. Heidemarie
Old 11-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Heidemarie
Racer

Originally Posted by Heidemarie
Thanks to everyone for your input and expertise. Just hope this will only be a one-time occurrence. Heidemarie
We still have a problem with PDR now; will not work at all; computer says "No Sd card inserted"; But Sd card is in place in glove compartment. Took car back to Chevy dealership that installed new battery; Asked them to reflash system; They could not get PDR to work and contacted GM; they said GM response was "they are aware of such problem and working on it".??????????? Could not get any resolution on what needs to be done and when resolution occurs. Dealer not aware of any recall.
Question: Has anyone experienced same problem with PDR after faulty battery replacement? Could the SD card have burnt out when Battery went dead? Dealership rep does not think so.
Had to reset all radio functions and still need to reprogram Bluetooth (it says no device connected, but that's a task for tomorrow).
Please advise what best action to take to get resolution. Thanks Heidemarie

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 C7 battery failure

Quick Reply: 2015 C7 battery failure