Sponsored by:

For those with Memory Seat Problems...Diagnostic Tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 06:57 PM
tentorium
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default For those with Memory Seat Problems...Diagnostic Tips

This may be rather old info based on the date of these documents...

I was having memory seat issues intermittently ('14 Auto Z51 VIN 3362)
such as a single push of memory 1 would telescope but not move seat or movement of seat was stuttered. When I went to dealer the advisor printed this out. Some issues were not problems- these sensors and limiters were active.

Since there have been a handful of threads lately about the memory buttons, maybe this could help...
Attached Images
Old 10-01-2014, 03:24 AM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tentorium

such as a single push of memory 1 would telescope but not move seat or movement of seat was stuttered. When I went to dealer the advisor printed this out. Some issues were not problems- these sensors and limiters were active.

Since there have been a handful of threads lately about the memory buttons, maybe this could help...
I had all types of trouble with memory seat, but telescoping steering always worked. As for the seat, different dealers changed out several moduels, none solved the problem, finally after showing one several different attempts at solving the problem, they changed out the motor unit. Problem solved, the motor unit had some dead spots in the contact disk.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:20 PM
BlueFinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Solved my seat memory problems

I solved my seat memory problems on an automatic transmission. The seat would move back when the door opened but not move forward when the car started, even though it was set to do so. I always had to press the 1 button - no big deal but this discussion solved my problems. I had set the exit position for the seat too far back and the seat was hitting the limit switch. I moved the seat a bit forward and saved the new exit position. Now it moves forward when I press the ignition! It still is a bit strange since it moves forward to some older setting which is a bit different than that currently set for the 1 button.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:09 AM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Try this.

Originally Posted by BlueFinn
I solved my seat memory problems on an automatic transmission. The seat would move back when the door opened but not move forward when the car started, even though it was set to do so. I always had to press the 1 button - no big deal but this discussion solved my problems. I had set the exit position for the seat too far back and the seat was hitting the limit switch. I moved the seat a bit forward and saved the new exit position. Now it moves forward when I press the ignition! It still is a bit strange since it moves forward to some older setting which is a bit different than that currently set for the 1 button.:canadaflag:
Try this. Remove the seat fuse, but even better, disconnect the battery, let sit a short while. Then reconnect the battery, reindex the windows and resetup the seat and see what happens.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:43 AM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

I'm not liking mine either. The C6 was spot on with the #1 and #2 Fobs. It seems it doesn't know which fob is starting it sometimes. Sometimes it moves into my spot others it crushes me to get to the wife's and sometimes it just doesn't move until I hit the #2 memory (Yea I got #2 spot..LOL)
Old 10-04-2014, 06:43 PM
air86
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah mine on rare occasions will not operate when I push or hold the button. It will just move the steering wheel for a split second that's it. 2 minutes late I push the button it works just fine. The querks are just mounting up on this car now. I think I understand the reason now behind why not to buy 1st M.Y
Old 10-04-2014, 07:00 PM
PUGPROUD
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

When my memory seat button does not respond I find by moving the seat slightly forward using the button on the side of the seat then pushing the memory button on the door it works fine. Just the way it is I guess.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:07 PM
CaptainChet
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PUGPROUD
When my memory seat button does not respond I find by moving the seat slightly forward using the button on the side of the seat then pushing the memory button on the door it works fine. Just the way it is I guess.
That make perfect sense if you read the pdf. You made the seat back sensor inactive and therefore unsupervised movement is enabled.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:15 PM
coupeguyz51
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by tentorium

I too have an early production '14 manual Z51 and after taking it back to the dealer for "all updates" did not fix the problem, so
went to the GM TIS site and put in my VIN (VIN 3496) and printed it out for them...
when programmed correctly, hopefully, next week, options should be on "Auto Memory Recall" threefold: "Off"; "On-Driver Door Open"; "On At Ignition On"
Old 10-05-2014, 05:36 AM
PUGPROUD
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainChet
That make perfect sense if you read the pdf. You made the seat back sensor inactive and therefore unsupervised movement is enabled.
Thanks I get it now. Seems the system cannot walk and chew gum at the same time
Old 10-05-2014, 03:22 PM
jmoses52
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 29 Posts

I solved my seat memory problems on an automatic transmission. The seat would move back when the door opened but not move forward when the car started, even though it was set to do so. I always had to press the 1 button - no big deal but this discussion solved my problems. I had set the exit position for the seat too far back and the seat was hitting the limit switch. I moved the seat a bit forward and saved the new exit position. Now it moves forward when I press the ignition! It still is a bit strange since it moves forward to some older setting which is a bit different than that currently set for the 1 button.
This fixed it for me, thanks.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Dooce
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoses52
This fixed it for me, thanks.
Quick fix:

I got so frustrated with this I just unplugged the sensor strip behind the drivers seat. That fixed the problem. **But if you do this you have to be careful not to over-extend the seat movement to the rear, or you'll end up with seat motor damage.**

Old 02-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Default 5'5"

I'm 5' 5"....yes, I am short. I guarantee you my seat isn't too far back to prevent the auto function to fail. It occurred intermittently when I first got the car back in February, 2014, but it's been working fine up until now (no, I don't know what I did to fix it 11 months ago) but today it started again. I tried reprogramming it to no avail. I'll play with it tomorrow, using some of the suggestions found on the forum, and let you know what I come up with. Other than that, this car has been amazing.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:15 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Default Wrked for me....

I did the same thing. I set the exit position a tiny bit forward and saved it and the easy exit now works. Not sure why it was set so far back since I haven't changed it in almost a year, but moving it forward seems to have solved the problem. No need for a trip to the dealer.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:21 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

wasn't there a video posted a couple weeks ago with a cute redhead (I think a member's daughter so I will be a gentleman when describing her) that shows the steps on how to solve this problem?
Old 02-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Wm Rose
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
wasn't there a video posted a couple weeks ago with a cute redhead (I think a member's daughter so I will be a gentleman when describing her) that shows the steps on how to solve this problem?
Here is the video. I went thru it step by step and it works fine now. Thanks Ginger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cPQ...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-14-2015, 12:21 AM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Default Very helpful video.

Originally Posted by Wm Rose
Here is the video. I went thru it step by step and it works fine now. Thanks Ginger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cPQ...ature=youtu.be
Very helpful video but I didn't have to go through all those steps to correct it on mine. All I did was move the seat up about an inch and then press set/easy exit to reset it. I did not have to turn off easy exit and auto reprogram feature on the center screen to enable the new settings.

Get notified of new replies

To For those with Memory Seat Problems...Diagnostic Tips

Quick Reply: For those with Memory Seat Problems...Diagnostic Tips