C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What new features would you like to see on future C7's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:35 AM
dbdave
Le Mans Master

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts

I would like to be able to turn off the center screen and just have the C7 logo showing. There are actually times I know where I'm going, don't want to use a phone, don't want to listen to the radio, and just want to enjoy the car without distraction.

As others have said, just do a complete rework of the nav. It's too bad, like the 2005 C6, that they would put out a car that is outdated before even the first one was sold.

I'm also tired of having to slam the trunk like a wild man to get it to latch. Get all of the cars sold retrofitted to have a pull down before the rear windows start falling out or the panels start cracking from the impact.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Edward Weaver
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fsvoboda
I was thinking about the features that people like and dislike on C7 and wondered what people would like to see, either standard or as options. Here in no particular order are a few ideas, a couple my own, more that I've seen mentioned by others in past discussions.

1) All-season radial tires as an option for non-Z51 cars.
2) A 1LT with reduced content, say a manual passenger seat and cloth seats rather than leather for people who are mostly going to track their cars.
3) A fixed roof coupe, maybe also in a package with #2 along the lines of the past fixed roof coupes.
4) Side curtain air bags.
5) An unpainted option as was the case many years ago. This could let people do their own custom paint jobs--or perhaps a vinyl wrap.
6) A "comfort seat" option for those who don't like the new GT buckets.
7) Option of displaying smart phone nav on the C7 screen.
8) Hard top convertible.
9) Power hatch pull down as on C6.
10) Factory installed roll bar option for 'vert.

I'm not necessarily a huge supporter for any of these, but wonder what others think of these and what if anything you would add to this list.
I would like to add blind spot monitoring and frontal distance monitoring to the list.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Starman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only have 4 request!!

1, Color coordinated stitching for interior same as exterior paint color. I have a Laguna Blue Coupe with gray interior and would like blue stitching option for the seats. If I had black seats I could use a magic marker, but I don't!!

2, Small blind spot mirrors incorporated in the side view mirrors (can't find any spot mirrors that fit the shape of the Vette mirrors).

3, Why didn't GM make the gas door a little sleeker like the C6 or even the BMW i8, that goes a lot better with the lines of the body then a round door???

4, I know, this is my opinion, but why doesn't GM like the color GOLD! I would have loved to ordered a gold Vette with black interior, black wheels, black mirrors and spoiler! I know they can't make a color for everyone, but GOLD/BLACK would have looked sharp!

thanks for my small rant!

Quick Reply: What new features would you like to see on future C7's?