Pricing in Workbench

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 07:54 AM
'13GrandSport
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing in Workbench

Hey everyone,

I know that pricing has been released. The dealer I ordered through is still saying that pricing is not available in the order system. He will not commit to a price until it is in there. Has pricing been put into the system? I ordered mine before the initial price release was done, showing the price at 53000 for the '15. The dealer told me that pricing is not official and wouldn't honor it. A few weeks later, pricing came out showing 54000 to start. At this point I again went back to the dealer. He again stated that pricing was not to be released and isn't official.

Again do we know what the pricing is and is it in the system yet? Will all the people that ordered real early be okay? Or will all be subject to increase?
Old 08-14-2014, 08:15 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

You are only price protected if your oder was marked as "SOLD"

It's possible that the dealership didn't mark the car as sold and ordered it as a retail stock car. What does your workbench sheet say?
Old 08-14-2014, 08:43 AM
thegame9377
Racer

I would leave that dealer and work with another.

Fichtner gave me a price in late July and has honored since (even through the price increase announcement).
Old 08-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,118 Likes on 6,190 Posts

It appears that your dealer intends to screw you and charge you the increased price. Have you talked to this dealer about his allocations? Did they actually enter your order into the GM OrderWorkbench system? If your order was not entered prior to the price increase effective date, you will not be price protected in any event. Your dealer should be able to provide you with a printout of your order.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:52 PM
'13GrandSport
Instructor

I cannot comment on whether the dealer is trying to screw me or not, I can only state what the dealer is telling me. I want all my ducks in a row when I go down there for the last time this weekend and finish this up.

If pricing is protected, then I should be good as long as it was input as a sold unit. If he did not put it in as sold, then I will expect him to do whatever is necessary to make it right. If not, I will get my deposit back and go to another dealer. My buyers order and deal was done before they even released the first run of pricing. I signed the buyers order on July 8, 2014.

So again, I really wanted to know if pricing has been put into the workbench? And is the pricing protected through GM?
Old 08-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may have read through this already but if not this thread has some good info from Dave at Kerbeck. In the past, he has been very knowledgeable and helpful so I think you can trust it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-increase.html

Get notified of new replies

To Pricing in Workbench

Quick Reply: Pricing in Workbench