C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If there is anyone on constraint waiting for the carbon fiber dash....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 06:47 AM
gsiegel1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If there is anyone on constraint waiting for the carbon fiber dash....

Drop it and order from the chevy parts dept. When I had originally placed my order this was on 0% constraint and my salesman Dennis at Les Stanford told me to drop it and order it from the from the parts department where it is easy to order. Seems to make no sense as to why it would therefore be on constraint.

So my order was placed and I am now at a TPW of 8/18. When the car arrives via courtesy delivery, it is going to cost about half of the price adding the dashboard after-the-fact as it would had I ordered it with the car. Quoted $398 for the part + labor it simply makes no sense to order this option with the original purchase as opposed to simply adding it at your dealer. Hope this helps.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

I was stuck in the FAY constraint scenario for many months prior to deleting that option and finally getting my 2014 Z51 vert built.
Where did you get this price "Quoted $398 for the part + labor" from?
My understanding is that the best price for the FAY part is about $550.00 plus installation charges.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:48 AM
ahesq
Instructor

Originally Posted by harry2
I was stuck in the FAY constraint scenario for many months prior to deleting that option and finally getting my 2014 Z51 vert built.
Where did you get this price "Quoted $398 for the part + labor" from?
My understanding is that the best price for the FAY part is about $550.00 plus installation charges.
Correct

$398.00 seems wrong

I paid $538.00 (dealer cost for part only), and put it in myself. Took about 3 hours, but not too complicated. There is a youtube video and also a post with instructions in this forum.

You'll need to buy a vinyl trim bar kit for about $7.00 and a security bit set from Sears for about $20.00.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:38 AM
gsiegel1
Instructor

Originally Posted by ahesq
Correct

$398.00 seems wrong

I paid $538.00 (dealer cost for part only), and put it in myself. Took about 3 hours, but not too complicated. There is a youtube video and also a post with instructions in this forum.

You'll need to buy a vinyl trim bar kit for about $7.00 and a security bit set from Sears for about $20.00.
Local Chevy dealer quoted me that price. Even if $538 still makes no sense to wait for the part to become avail. on a newly ordered car when it seems easy to order it and for less from the parts dept.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:31 AM
richelu
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by gsiegel1
Local Chevy dealer quoted me that price. Even if $538 still makes no sense to wait for the part to become avail. on a newly ordered car when it seems easy to order it and for less from the parts dept.

Just remember that if your order was accepted prior to 8/4/14 this change will cost you an extra $1000 as you would no longer be price protected.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:25 PM
gsiegel1
Instructor

Originally Posted by gsiegel1
Sorry BUT it appears that the parts dept (Greenacres Chevy) gave me the pricing for the wrong part. Someone looked it up today and quoted over $700 for FAY (although quoted $533 if you have a dealer's license or garage). FYI - Supporting vendor House of Wheels is less.

If you are on order PRIOR to the the $1000 price increase and on constraint due to FAY (or some other constraint for that matter) remember you may then incur an additional $1k if you change now, but if you placed your order AFTER the $1k increase and constrained by FAY you may want to consider removing that option and purchasing after the fact to pay less and get your car quicker.

Sorry for any misinformation...price I pay for trusting the dealer....

Get notified of new replies

To If there is anyone on constraint waiting for the carbon fiber dash....

Quick Reply: If there is anyone on constraint waiting for the carbon fiber dash....