Sponsored by:

Cars and Coffee by HOD at PBIR>>>

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 05:29 PM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Cars and Coffee by HOD at PBIR>>>

My wife and I went to the Hooked on Driving event at Palm Beach International Raceway today. The facility is about 20 minutes from our house in Jupiter Florida and is the first time we have been to PBIR (we just moved to Jupiter in the last year). Very nice facility and enjoyed the event and the weather cooperated (meaning lots of sun, 90 and a bit humid…better than snow)

Even though we drive a very nice LMB Lingenfelter C6, I thought you C7 drivers might enjoy some of the pictures from today>>

GM/Corvette had a nice set up with a good selection of C7s

Ellen liked the red C7 vert and preferred the comp seats over the standard seats (I think that is due to the fact in our C6 we have the Caravaggio Daytona Sport seats)

I do like the blue version…brings out the C7 lines nicely and grey to red to tannish/brown interiors work well

Now to the hot laps… HOD was providing second seat hot laps and since both my wife and I have done club track events and solo, could not miss the opportunity… while I am still warming up to the rear end styling of the C7 (and has nothing to do with round or not round tail lights) I can not say anything but being impressed with the C7 trackability …extremely stable platform and can say with experience the car feels more planted than the C6. We ran the manual with driver rev matching then switching to the on board rev match system and it is flawless. Impressed!

I was a good day and look forward to another coffee/cruize in tomorrow

Last edited by C6FirstVette; 08-09-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:08 PM
FEEDMESLURPIES
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dig the grey in the blue

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee by HOD at PBIR>>>