"Best" time to buy a 2015 C7

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 06:10 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by JCar
Have bought more than a few cars over the years I've been driving, and have learned a few things about the sales process, as well as the buying process. I tried each time not to make it a "must do" scenario with a gun to my head (dead primary driver and the like). I am in the "want to do" mode at this time.... I have the means, I have another couple of cars to satisfy the daily driving needs, so I am trying to figure out when the "best" time to purchase the C7 might be from a pricing / availbility perspective.

My current thoughts are focused on a MRB / Kalahari LT2 Z51 with Mag ride, std painted roof and HPP. I am still debating the options/ colors, and will likely wait to fine tune after I have a look in person at Carlisle in August. This is the first vette since the '66 I drove back in the day. REALLY looking forward to it.

I believe I will qualify as a member of the credit union for supplier pricing.

So.... any thoughts on what you would consider to be the "best" time given the above? End of month, quarter / year?

Thanks in advance for any input...
You have two large dealers close to you who are discounting their inventory and would most likely take supplier pricing on in stock cars. I think I would go to Alantic City and have some fun and look at Kerbeck's stock. Most likely every color combo and configuration you would want.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

Depends on what you absolutely must have. Z51's are very constrained now, and if you want a CF dash, good luck. For me I had to have several things, and while I wanted the car as quickly as possible was not willing to sacrifice the 'wants' in order to get the car sooner.

IMO order the car the way you want it, be prepared to wait, and work through the FOrum dealers for the best availability and price.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:32 PM
JCar
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbob26
Depends on what you absolutely must have. Z51's are very constrained now, and if you want a CF dash, good luck. For me I had to have several things, and while I wanted the car as quickly as possible was not willing to sacrifice the 'wants' in order to get the car sooner.

IMO order the car the way you want it, be prepared to wait, and work through the FOrum dealers for the best availability and price.
I was thinking cf dash but I can do that later. As for z51, I could probably be talked out of it though I like the spoiler, the wheel style and I think I really want the mag ride. If I recall other posts tho it sounds like the mag ride is a separately order able option on the '15s? Last I saw the Z51 option was 55%? I know they underestimated the Z51 option for '14 or they just need to constrain for CAFE, but either way it seems 1 out of 2 isn't a bad percent?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking cf dash but I can do that later. As for z51, I could probably be talked out of it though I like the spoiler, the wheel style and I think I really want the mag ride. If I recall other posts tho it sounds like the mag ride is a separately order able option on the '15s? Last I saw the Z51 option was 55%? I know they underestimated the Z51 option for '14 or they just need to constrain for CAFE, but either way it seems 1 out of 2 isn't a bad percent?
There were some rumors that the mag ride could be ordered without Z-51 but they proved to be false. If you order from a big volume dealer, the Z51 constraint shouldn't be that bad...as you said 1 out of 2. My order went through on the last pick up and almost everyone that posted on here also ordered a Z51.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Vette Nut
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

order now before the next price increase
Old 07-30-2014, 08:48 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Vette Nut
order now before the next price increase
It will come...but probably same time as 2014 increase

Can't wait for 6 months from now everyone complaining about a price increase...I'll keep this thread handy.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:29 AM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Have bought more than a few cars over the years I've been driving, and have learned a few things about the sales process, as well as the buying process. I tried each time not to make it a "must do" scenario with a gun to my head (dead primary driver and the like). I am in the "want to do" mode at this time.... I have the means, I have another couple of cars to satisfy the daily driving needs, so I am trying to figure out when the "best" time to purchase the C7 might be from a pricing / availbility perspective.

My current thoughts are focused on a MRB / Kalahari LT2 Z51 with Mag ride, std painted roof and HPP. I am still debating the options/ colors, and will likely wait to fine tune after I have a look in person at Carlisle in August. This is the first vette since the '66 I drove back in the day. REALLY looking forward to it.

I believe I will qualify as a member of the credit union for supplier pricing.

So.... any thoughts on what you would consider to be the "best" time given the above? End of month, quarter / year?

Thanks in advance for any input...
If supplier discount will be available, it really doesn't make a difference when you purchase the car, you will be getting the best price on a new car. The best time to purchase a 2015 used, will be in about 3 to 4 years (after the car takes the bulk of the depreciation) and you will see them in the mid 40k range.

Quick Reply: "Best" time to buy a 2015 C7