Steering "sticky"

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 06:43 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Steering "sticky"

I've noticed the last couple of times when I first fire up my C7 to back it out of my garage, that I get a slight amount of resistance in the steering wheel. I feel a slight click and the front wheels almost feel as if they were glued to the floor.

My garage floor is not painted, so the tires can't be sticking to the paint. It's hotter then hell here in South Florida right now, and I'm wondering if this the problem or whether I need to get it to the dealer for a look see.

Being that it's electric steering, maybe it's something in that component.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:05 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

It sounds like the normal tire chatter that occurs when the wheels are cocked at low speed. Mine does that and it is covered in the manual.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

It could be the electronic brake letting go. I've felt a similar thing once or twice driving out of the garage (I normally back in). I don't feel it when it wasn't applied and applying it is a habit. I'm trying to train my brain to make a 'garage' exception LOL.
Originally Posted by 2vetteEd
I've noticed the last couple of times when I first fire up my C7 to back it out of my garage, that I get a slight amount of resistance in the steering wheel. I feel a slight click and the front wheels almost feel as if they were glued to the floor.

My garage floor is not painted, so the tires can't be sticking to the paint. It's hotter then hell here in South Florida right now, and I'm wondering if this the problem or whether I need to get it to the dealer for a look see.

Being that it's electric steering, maybe it's something in that component.

Get notified of new replies

To Steering "sticky"

Quick Reply: Steering "sticky"