Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Brake Vents for a Vert?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm not going to address the question above in order to comply with the forum rule below. I've noticed a consistent amount of sarcasm in the member's posts and it's unfortunate because people come here to learn and ask questions. There is a real lack of tolerance and goodwill on here.

"Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory messages, "digs," personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges."
Old 07-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

^^^^^^^

For the OP, I looked inside as my wife put the top down on my vert. The only place with room to put those vents is in the panel that covers the top when it's down. It also covers the top mechanism and would drain water into the trunk. So, if you want those vents, and they would fit there BTW, you'd either have to seal them or put some kind of ducting to drain the water out under the car.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:36 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

The openings on the coupes rear fender tops are air intakes, not vents. Same for the openings on the lower rear fenders just ahead of the wheel wells on the Z06. The openings on the hood, front fenders, and rear fascia are vents (where air exits).
Old 07-31-2014, 09:42 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,813 Likes on 2,060 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I don't think the OP is expecting functional vents/intakes on the cowl. HE simply wishes to have the aesthetic look of the vent/intake to replicate the look on the coupe. A non-functioning "vent/intake" that doesn't actually have a hole under it is what he's asking for. Just to break up the vast expanse of red and have a similar "look" of the coupe is his purpose. I could be wrong but I think that's what he's after.

Elmer
Old 07-31-2014, 04:53 PM
PUGPROUD
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfserge
I'm not going to address the question above in order to comply with the forum rule below. I've noticed a consistent amount of sarcasm in the member's posts and it's unfortunate because people come here to learn and ask questions. There is a real lack of tolerance and goodwill on here.

"Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory messages, "digs," personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges."
Old 07-31-2014, 05:54 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
I don't think the OP is expecting functional vents/intakes on the cowl. HE simply wishes to have the aesthetic look of the vent/intake to replicate the look on the coupe. A non-functioning "vent/intake" that doesn't actually have a hole under it is what he's asking for. Just to break up the vast expanse of red and have a similar "look" of the coupe is his purpose. I could be wrong but I think that's what he's after.

Elmer
I believe you're correct. However, unless you cut the part off the vent that sticks up above the paint and somehow mount that to the car, which would look el-cheapo and fake, you have to cut a hole in the panel to install it. That causes issues with water that I've mentioned earlier. And, since the only place to install it on a vert like the OP has is the panel that covers the top when it's down, it would require some way to drain the water that moves quite a bit when the top is put up or down.

I'm sure it could be done and look good, but it's not as simple as buying the black vent tops you see on coupes and sticking them on the car.

Quick Reply: Rear Brake Vents for a Vert?