C7 car cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 01:51 PM
jsdanehy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default C7 car cover

I would appreciate suggestions for a cover for my Arctic White C7 convertible.

I will make a few road trips and over night stays where I will want to cover the car.

I see that there are inside and outside covers but I would never park outside for more than a night or two. I want something that will not attract attention of course. Not concerned about the price. Something light but well made. A Corvette logo would attract attention which I want to avoid.

For ten years I parked my C5 inside without a cover. Now worried about the C7 outside for a night or two at a friend's place or a B&B

thanks

Jim
Cincinnati Ohio
Old 07-29-2014, 03:40 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

The only advise I can give is stay away from fleece lined, as it will leave a lot of lint on the top.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Scoobydoobydoo
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 246 Posts

I have the Dustop cover from covercraft and it's very well made. Not sure it would work in your particular application as it's suppose to be an "indoor" cover. However, do checkout their line as they have many others available.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Skialta
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

We have the GM indoor cover. VY 3LT Convertable. It's perfect for indoors, only. However, if the quality of the outdoor cover is anywhere near the quality of the indoor one, it will be fine. That being said, if it's one or two nights out, then Adams Waterless wash and a Kwik Paint microfiber towel will be best. My thoughts,,,
Old 07-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Scottys78
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Honestly the car will survive a few nights outside.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:01 PM
JCar
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsdanehy
I would appreciate suggestions for a cover for my Arctic White C7 convertible.

I will make a few road trips and over night stays where I will want to cover the car.

I see that there are inside and outside covers but I would never park outside for more than a night or two. I want something that will not attract attention of course. Not concerned about the price. Something light but well made. A Corvette logo would attract attention which I want to avoid.

For ten years I parked my C5 inside without a cover. Now worried about the C7 outside for a night or two at a friend's place or a B&B

thanks

Jim
Cincinnati Ohio

I think by the nature of you having a car under cover, you attract attention, wanted or not. I also believe that unless you freshly detail or at a minimum wash a car before pitting it under cover, you risk more chance of scratching by moving the cover over dirt on the surface. Not something I would recommend, but maybe I am hyper sensitive to that given my last car was black looked great until it got to the end of the driveway and it was "dirty" again. Yes I am OCD when it comes to such things.

Good luck.
Jeff
Old 07-29-2014, 06:07 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 146 Posts

Check these out.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-p...-corvette.html
Old 07-29-2014, 06:07 PM
C7Kevin
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you checked with California Car Covers in SoCal ???
Very good order handling and tech advice.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:04 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

If you have a cover for the C5 that's in your avatar, it works just fine.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 PM
jsdanehy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by stingraymyway
If you have a cover for the C5 that's in your avatar, it works just fine.

Well why did I not think of that. YES I have a GM cover. I will check it out tomorrow. Maybe I saved myself some $. Thanks

Great suggestions as always here on the CF.

Decades ago probably 1953 or so my family was on a vacation and we stopped over night in Colorado. the motel owner cautioned my Dad not to park under a tree. He said the birds really like to make deposits from that tree. Dad replied oh that is OK. Well in the morning I never saw a car with so many bird droppings . . . . literally 100s and we waited for the garage down the street to open and wash the 49 Plymouth which was light blue.

Regards to all who gave me some ideas.

Jim
Cincinnati, Ohio
Old 08-08-2014, 09:39 AM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by jsdanehy

Well why did I not think of that. YES I have a GM cover. I will check it out tomorrow. Maybe I saved myself some $. Thanks

Great suggestions as always here on the CF.

Decades ago probably 1953 or so my family was on a vacation and we stopped over night in Colorado. the motel owner cautioned my Dad not to park under a tree. He said the birds really like to make deposits from that tree. Dad replied oh that is OK. Well in the morning I never saw a car with so many bird droppings . . . . literally 100s and we waited for the garage down the street to open and wash the 49 Plymouth which was light blue.

Regards to all who gave me some ideas.

Jim
Cincinnati, Ohio

No problem bubba. I was about to order one for my '14 when I thought.....give it a try. And sure enough, my C5 cover, Wolf brand, fits just fine.
Enjoy your car.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:56 AM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Personally, I never cover my Corvette's at night (on the rare occasion they sit outside at night). The cover's main purpose is to keep the sun off the car - which is the biggest ager of a car's materials.
I also don't cover my car if it is in a public place - it draws more attention than if it is not covered.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 car cover

Quick Reply: C7 car cover