Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stumped - problems adding more FAVORITES

Old 07-28-2014, 06:35 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Stumped - problems adding more FAVORITES

OK. I have read the user manual and the InfoTainment quick guide and have gone into SetUp menu and set the number of FAVORITES to 10.

So I initially added 5 FM stations. After figuring out how to get to XM I started adding some FAVORITES and it overrode the previous FM stations.

I don't see any way to expose more than the 5 positions at the bottom of the screen? I can see two little (red/yellow) dots right above the favorites buttons but unable to figuer out how to add more than 5.

I thought I would see some "swipe" arrows but none are visible.

HELP.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Last edited by AFVETTE; 07-28-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:23 AM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,289 Likes on 855 Posts

You need to show the first row of favorites by touching the Favorites up arrow and swipe UP on the row of favorites. It takes a certain touch to swipe. My daughter can do it - I struggle with it.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RonC7
You need to show the first row of favorites by touching the Favorites up arrow and swipe UP on the row of favorites. It takes a certain touch to swipe. My daughter can do it - I struggle with it.
Ahhhhh, am at work and will try this when I get home this afternoon.

Thanks

Tom
Old 07-28-2014, 08:56 AM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks Tom for asking the question, as I couldn't figure it out either. Not a very intuitive system...that's for sure....at least not compared to other systems out there.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by beachcomber
Thanks Tom for asking the question, as I couldn't figure it out either. Not a very intuitive system...that's for sure....at least not compared to other systems out there.
I agree, as a new owner I have had problems too, and sure do not want to try to master this system while driving!
Would it not have made more sense to have the favorites come up separately for each of the AM, FM, and XM sites like every other system does?
Old 07-28-2014, 09:31 AM
c5eddiem
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

On the Infotainment screen, a "swipe" is not the same as a swipe on an iPhone or Android device that you may be used to!

Try this:

With the 5 favorites on the bottom of the screen,
press solidly on one of them,
don't let go,
then slide your finger left to reveal the next 5,
or,
slide your finger up to reveal all 10.

The key is, it's a press and slide, not a swipe as we know it. When I first got it it would select whatever I pushed as I lightened up on the pressure to swipe. A favorite is selected when you release pressure, not when you press on it, so if you continue to press and SLIDE, the favorites will scroll.

The key is that the screen is not a touch sensitive screen (like it should have been), but is a pressure sensitive screen.

Hope this helps,
Ed

Last edited by c5eddiem; 07-28-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Ed's got it. I find it easier to hit the Fav's toggle on the steering wheel...Less of a distraction!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:03 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by c5eddiem
On the Infotainment screen, a "swipe" is not the same as a swipe on an iPhone or Android device that you may be used to!

Try this:

With the 5 favorites on the bottom of the screen,
press solidly on one of them,
don't let go,
then slide your finger left to reveal the next 5,
or,
slide your finger up to reveal all 10.

The key is, it's a press and slide, not a swipe as we know it. When I first got it it would select whatever I pushed as I lightened up on the pressure to swipe. A favorite is selected when you release pressure, not when you press on it, so if you continue to press and SLIDE, the favorites will scroll.

The key is that the screen is not a touch sensitive screen (like it should have been), but is a pressure sensitive screen.

Hope this helps,
Ed
That is exactly what I'm not doing and this is the best written description I have seen yet. The Infotainment Guide should be updated to reflect this.

Ed thanks for the clear and concise explanation. I'm sure this is the secret sauce we have all been missing.

Cheers

Tom

PS: I just sent this as a text to my cell phone so I can try this the next time I drive my car.

Last edited by AFVETTE; 07-28-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Stumped - problems adding more FAVORITES

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stumped - problems adding more FAVORITES