Sponsored by:

What are your "must-have" accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by W88fixer
If you’re getting a manual transmission, a CAGS eliminator is a real must. I have an A6 but I would NEVER tolerate some jackass device that forces 1st to 4th? shifts. Short shift if you want when the situation warrants or you desire but not when forced to. Don
Only must have mod. I do have the tire air valve caps on my radar, the plastic caps have to go.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:55 PM
need4speedmotors
Supporting Vendor

Received 190 Likes on 182 Posts

A spanking new meisterschaft system
Old 07-30-2014, 07:00 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

Jacking pucks and a Blendmount.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:40 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
You don't....right around the door jamb.....
seriously? wow, that wouldn't sit right with me. I would find a way.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:12 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

My accessories that I purchased for my 1LT are as follows: Front and Rear GM mud guards, trunk partition, 2 pc. cargo cover with logo and a cargo net.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:01 AM
jsanders7120
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by silversmoke1957
I am an anxious first-time owner-to-be with a 2015 Coupe on order with a TPW of 8/11. In planning for its arrival, I am wondering what are the "must-have" accessories to enhance the ownership experience. Guidance from the forum would be appreciated.
in my opinion, and yes, im very picky, but to be lowered all the way on stock bolts. It can be done on a lift without even removing the wheels. 4 wheel alignment recommended after lowerig.Total cost for lowering and alignmet $225. Corvettes come at verying ride heights from the factory with no rhyme or reason. it dropped mine about 1inch.Car still rides and drives great! this reduced the gap between the fender and tire.. Oh, and 15% ceramic window tint....

Old 07-31-2014, 05:30 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

lots of condoms
Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 AM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

If you’re getting a manual transmission, a CAGS eliminator is a real must. I have an A6 but I would NEVER tolerate some jackass device that forces 1st to 4th? shifts. Short shift if you want when the situation warrants or you desire but not when forced to. Don
My 02: on my C5, the eliminator was the best 20$ I spent on that car.
For the C7, I know it has activated a few times, but because of the way it was redesigned, it's nowhere near as annoying...to the point I haven't felt the compulsion to disable it.

1st thing I bought for mine was a windshield sunshade (covercraft).

Last edited by aj98; 07-31-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 AM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I don't have my 7 yet. Been looking at interior pics with the same question. Probably will have to wait until mine comes in to figure out the best place - whole different interior/spaces/surfaces etc than the 6.
I generally carry small of back, which I can do in the C5...the GT seats in the 7 make that configuration very uncomfortable.

The center console does not have enough height to fit anything that size, glove box is too far out of reach.

If you don't care about visibility, the drivers side of the grab bar might work.

Just for storage, so to speak, depending on if you have a full size or compact 45, behind the radio screen might be ok.

Depending on your build and which hand you are, just to the appropriate side of the steering column might work, or perhaps towards the rear of the map holder in the door.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:32 AM
youcancallmeray
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got my car a week ago and have driven 400 miles and have never once had to shift from 1st to 4th. Twice I saw the 1 to 4 shift come up on the display but still was able to shift into 2nd and the display went away. Seems like this is not even an issue.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:52 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by youcancallmeray
I just got my car a week ago and have driven 400 miles and have never once had to shift from 1st to 4th. Twice I saw the 1 to 4 shift come up on the display but still was able to shift into 2nd and the display went away. Seems like this is not even an issue.
For what is worth, the problem is it doesn't happen often but when it does it can be at a bad time.
We don't have a lot of traffic where I live so never experianced the 1st to 4th shift in the C7. When in bumper to bumper traffic the first time I was going to shift from 1st to 2nd when the traffic moved. I was looking ahead and realized it was not going into second. Fumbled a bit before I realized I had to shift to 4th. Had the person behind been looking at their cell phone because they received a tone saying a text message was received, they may have thought I was moving forward more quickly and not almost coming to a stop. Seams to me in today's world some folks are like Pavlov's dogs and respond instinctively to the sound of a text message coming in and MUST look to se who it is. If that happened when I slowed they would have hit my bumper!! For about $30 and an easy install a CAGS eliminator is cheap insurance. A must have in my opinion.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:45 PM
dkfuji
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're getting the transparent top, the roof shade insert is a must for the summer sun. It has reduced the heat in my C7 so much so that I passed on buying a new CF roof panel.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:09 PM
tkbigsky
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of great suggestions but, one missing is a large set of ***** so you can drive the car like it was designed. Also a couple of great local twisty roads with limited traffic and little to no police presence would be nice. I have a few favorites here in Montana and it is amazing how quickly you can come up on the native wildlife.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by jsanders7120
in my opinion, and yes, im very picky, but to be lowered all the way on stock bolts. It can be done on a lift without even removing the wheels. 4 wheel alignment recommended after lowerig.Total cost for lowering and alignmet $225. Corvettes come at verying ride heights from the factory with no rhyme or reason. it dropped mine about 1inch.Car still rides and drives great! this reduced the gap between the fender and tire.. Oh, and 15% ceramic window tint....

I will never understand this lowering thing. I just came from a C6, factory ride height, darn thing scraped on every imperfection on the road. Scraping spoils the driving experience. My new C7 doesn't scrape, what a pleasure. Lowering makes the car look better? Not really! Subjective.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Larry/car
I will never understand this lowering thing. I just came from a C6, factory ride height, darn thing scraped on every imperfection on the road. Scraping spoils the driving experience. My new C7 doesn't scrape, what a pleasure. Lowering makes the car look better? Not really! Subjective.

You post this on every lowering post....Larry...let me make this clear ONE MORE TIME....the C7 sits higher than earlier vettes and with the c7 at it's lowest bolt setting, IT DOES NOT SCRAPE IN. NORMAL USE.

We get you like your car stock, enuf already.......
Old 07-31-2014, 10:08 PM
redline_c7
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not necessarily an accessory for the car, but I bought a set of Race Ramps RR-56/2. They work great! First oil change with a stock PF-64 and M1 5w-30 (non EP)
Old 08-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

Well I can't afford a toy at this moment, but I could an anti-scrapeage devise that would raise the front end up high enough so it wouldn't scrape
my driveway when I pull in to my garage!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To What are your "must-have" accessories?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Yukonboy03
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glen e
the partition is a great add-

here's my must haves - not for appearance but for use and protection - appearance mods are in the eye of the beholder:

1. LLoyd's Ultimats - front and read cargo area
2. window tint - 20 or 35%
3. Curb Alert Mini
4. Gorilla 20 pc wheel locks
5. RPI jacking pucks under car
6. exoticvette.com rear deck partition
7. OEM splash guards
8. XPEL nose of car or add the novistretch bra
9. XPEL door sill film
10, Aires Seat defenders
11. my detailing method/plan
This is the kind of stuff I was thinking.

Does adding an intake void the warranty?
Old 08-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Monaco335
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just depends how how crazy you want to get and what gives you the individuality or features that you want. When you get hit by the mod bug it can hit hard. What sucks as well is when you sell the car you rarely recover the cost of mods. Accesssories/Mods for me:

Done: Xpel entire car, 35% tint, OEM Stingray with red stitching mats, hockey pucks to jack car, and track stuff (carbotech x12, srf fluid, heavy oil, Kobalt digital air pump, etc)

To do: Z06 front grill, z06 tail lights, z06 vent covers, cf side splitters, cf front lip, hardwire radar, remove airbag labels, hardwire blackvue cam, TV&Nav2go install, partition, and lower on stock bolts.

Future maybe: Supercharger, CF interior, CF vents, CF rear diffuser, and forged wheels.

Accessories that "Enhance ownership experience" might be different for some people. lol

Last edited by Monaco335; 08-21-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Tsharpe27
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silversmoke1957
The partition advertised on this forum by Crazy Cowboy looks like a very useful accessory to keep personal items at hand and to prevent them from sliding to the rear of the car. Any of you use a partition and if so, do you like it?

Have one on C6...love it and so easy to install.

Quick Reply: What are your "must-have" accessories?