Sponsored by:

Driving.ca Details the Greatest Corvette Match-Ups Ever

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Detroit Steel
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Driving.ca Details the Greatest Corvette Match-Ups Ever

There's not a week that goes by that I'm not stumbling on some comparison of the C7 to another sports car. In fact, I've heard people compare the new Stingray with everything from longstanding foes like the Viper to some of the more heavy-weight contenders in the world of supercars like the Lamborghini Gallardo -- especially since the debut of the 2015 Z06.

Yup, the buzz around the new 'Vette has fueled some interesting debates about how the car matches up to some other vehicles on the market from both a performance and design standpoint. I hadn't thought much about past cars that have been pitted against the Corvette over the years, though, until I stumbled on a recent Driving.ca report titled “Seven Generations of the Corvette Against the World.”

The article, written by Clayton Seams, traces the history of some of the greatest Corvette rivalries ever, all the way back to the C1. Well, the greatest according to Seams.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:26 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Nice article, I had forgotten most of that stuff, brought back some good memories. Thanks for the post.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:53 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Ahhh...but one thing bothers me. The only info on the Z06 is not fact. No weight, no track times, no 0 to -- whatever times and yet the GT-R is quicker to 100kph, faster track times et cetra. I can not believe that they would write this without some info from GM. These are assumptions on the authors part. They may be true, as the GT-R is a beast. But, please...wait until there are real world efforts by owners and GM before deciding the Z06 is the loser here.
We know that the Z06 is better looking and with a 7m likely to be more fun to drive, but with the new A8 I am going to guess that it will be all the GT-R wants to see on the track with it.
Of course I am biased toward Corvette, as far as looks go, but really, the GT-R is rather dull in the looks department. It just doesn't get the blood pumping when you look at it.
Though there are lots of fast cars that don't excite you when you look at them, Dodge's new Hellcat is the most recent into the fast and ugly department, no offence to the Mopar guys. I still feel that the new Corvette is one of the best looking cars on the road.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:43 PM
1965markaccount
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Where did they come up with a price for the Z06? Driving people nuts in the Z06 section about when a price would be listed.

SPECS: Nissan GT-R | Corvette Z06

Cost: $108,500 | $82,657*

Get notified of new replies

To Driving.ca Details the Greatest Corvette Match-Ups Ever

Quick Reply: Driving.ca Details the Greatest Corvette Match-Ups Ever