Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car made it to the dealership...but I couldn't take it :( *PIC*

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Beautiful car. I think the yellow calipers look great, although you can't see them that well from that angle. Hope you post more pics when it's in your possession.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:32 PM
indy 28
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Stunning.......enjoy the ride!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Nate GM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sin City
That's sad but I'll tell you another thing that makes me really sad. It's the photo. Parked in that lot? Really? That's the best they could do for the most expensive car they sell?

Chevy still treats Corvette owners like they were Cruze owners. Your car should be treated like a prized posesion, not just another car in a dingy, dirty lot waiting for your paperwork to show up.

Sorry Chevy... you still don't get it. No Porsche owner in the world would accept this type of presentation. For you... it's just another car.
It's not Chevrolet, it's the dealership that needs to do better.

When I took delivery at my local dealership, I had to wait five days until I could bring my C7 home. But instead of leaving it outside with every other car, they made room in their showroom floor and kept it in there until I could bring the car home. They even put signs around it to keep people away from it!

Old 07-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Nate GM
It's not Chevrolet, it's the dealership that needs to do better.

I understand your point but this starts at the top. Chevy needs to inform it's dealers better how to handle C7 deliveries.

This is a general problem I see with Chevy. They sell a ton of low priced cars, inexpensive family cars, and a boat load of trucks.

When they get an expensive sports car or sports car customer, they don't understand the customers are different and demand different things.

Believe me --- Lexus understands this AMAZINGLY well. They train the dealers meticulously on customer relations and presentation of the brand.

The people at Chevy need to get the word out to dealers for some retraining.

Honestly, if I came to a dealer, asked them about my C7, and he said "oh yah...it's around back somewhere. Go take a look next to the mini vans" I'd be extremely disappointed.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:58 AM
azula
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mfear,

Congrats on your car! It is sexy A.F.! If you don't mind me asking, what dealership did you have your car delivered to and how much did it cost? I'm about 2 months out for delivery and still looking for a good dealership around these parts. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:59 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 951 Likes on 498 Posts
Tech Contributor

It's not that simple, Chevy can preach Cust handling until the cows come home but it's all about money. Lexus and the imports gross so much more and everyone in the dealership makes much more money. You pay more, you get better staff that understand this. Lexus gets college grads, Chevy get high school grads that have a gift of gab.

It's that simple. Chevy will never straighten this out.The car needs to be sold by Caddy dealers but it never will, as it's a Chevy mainstay/icon.

Last edited by Glen e; 07-17-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:07 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Glen e
It's not that simple, Chevy can preach Cust handling until the cows come home but it's all about money. Lexus and the imports gross so much more and everyone in the dealership makes much more money. You pay more, you get better staff that understand this. Lexus gets college grads, Chevy get high school grads that have a gift of gab.

It's that simple. Chevy will never straighten this out.The car needs to be sold by Caddy dealers but it never will, as it's a Chevy mainstay/icon.
Again, I disagree. You can train a high school grad as well as a college grad. Salary has nothing to do with it. Some of the best go-getters I've ever seen are entry level people just itching to go up the ladder.

You just need see the problem and then TRY for heaven's sake.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:39 AM
ColJack
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mfear
Thanks guys.

I love the Red/Black/Yellow combo

as if the car wasn't "ferrari-esque" enough..

I pick up mine at the museum on 24 July.
Convertible, black top, touch red, adrenalin red interior, power exhaust, 5spoke Crome wheels, corvette logo end caps, premium floor mats, museum delivery
Old 07-17-2014, 04:04 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,007 Likes on 2,890 Posts

That's sad but I'll tell you another thing that makes me really sad. It's the photo. Parked in that lot? Really? That's the best they could do for the most expensive car they sell?

Chevy still treats Corvette owners like they were Cruze owners. Your car should be treated like a prized posesion, not just another car in a dingy, dirty lot waiting for your paperwork to show up.

Sorry Chevy... you still don't get it. No Porsche owner in the world would accept this type of presentation. For you... it's just another car.
It's a courtesy delivery, so I'm not surprised where the car is. It's probably safe hidden back there.

Again, I disagree. You can train a high school grad as well as a college grad. Salary has nothing to do with it. Some of the best go-getters I've ever seen are entry level people just itching to go up the ladder.

The Japanese do it right - they do almost everything right as per vehicle sales and service. Especially Lexus. American vehicle makers are dunderheads for mostpart/'n rank 'n file. Nothing in my lifetime is going to change there. At least they're producing competent products these days.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I don't want to poke my head into a fight here, but I watched a video the other day of the LFA delivery, and that's just awesome - that's how you do a presentation!

Granted, I know the price difference, but it was impressive for a flagship.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:13 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,007 Likes on 2,890 Posts

The Chevy dealer I bought my Corvette from used to do factory deliveries en-mass for he and his 20 or so Tangier Shiners Corvette Patrol members in St. Louis way back in the '60s 'n '70s. Then they all drove 'em back to Omaha, NE. A couple dozen new Corvettes just alike, with their new owners standing by the driver's door, with the GM Plant in the background, made for quite a picture/event.

One of his Sons is a CF member around here.

I think we should be thankful that we're not held hostage to buying where you live, but instead can make a super deal across the country, and have it delivered to a Chevy dealer near you for $300 bucks or so.

It doesn't matter how you get your new Corvette, just so you get it at a decent price and in a timely fashion.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 07-17-2014 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:00 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

That must have been like leaving a child behind. at least you know where she is and that she'll be home with you soon. Congrats on a great looking new beast!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:32 AM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

So are u parked outside the dealership this morning? I know I would be! Gonna look awesome in the cleaned out garage!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:21 AM
Tulsaeasyrider
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

It's a beauty! Remember, this was a"Courtesy" delivery; most dealers hate to take them. It could be worse.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:33 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

What don't you get? That I don't have the same taste as you?
I am with you, like the yellow with the red and black. Enjoy!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:34 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Very beautiful car. Although Iam not a fan of yellow calipers with the red still very stunning machine.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:37 AM
mfear
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by azula
Mfear,

Congrats on your car! It is sexy A.F.! If you don't mind me asking, what dealership did you have your car delivered to and how much did it cost? I'm about 2 months out for delivery and still looking for a good dealership around these parts. Thanks!
Phil Smith Chevrolet. $500 but MacMulkin discounted the car for the cost of delivery.

Get notified of new replies

To My car made it to the dealership...but I couldn't take it :( *PIC*

Old 07-17-2014, 08:45 AM
frogwo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also live in Fort Lauderdale. If you do not mind who was your selling dealer? Who was the courtesy delivery dealer? What was the charge for the courtesy delivery?
Thank you.

Elliott
Old 07-17-2014, 08:49 AM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 503 Likes on 347 Posts

I tend to agree with Glen on this having purchased (2) Lexus cars along with the exposure that you get to the dealer from service visits:
-The (Lexus) offices are much more classy (stalls Vs. Offices)
-Every sales person is dressed to the nines with suits/cufflink's vs. Polo's & Dockers.
When you pickup your car they have "Bay's" that highlight your car that gives you a sense of this being a special event and they appreciate it Vs. an area outside by service with limited time spent on an overview.
Not sure how the margins are between each product. But the point is I feel very little difference between the "classes" Cruze vs. Vette ect..
Old 07-17-2014, 09:00 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks guys.

I love the Red/Black/Yellow combo

as if the car wasn't "ferrari-esque" enough..
Yellow calipers??? Really???

Quick Reply: My car made it to the dealership...but I couldn't take it :( *PIC*