C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Vette? NORMAL things the Vette does.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Something that I still don't like with the A6 is how when I'm just driving through my community and other low speed areas is when the engine suddenly drops to 4 cylinders and the NPP shuts the valves. It sounds like the engine has quite and you're coasting. I usually switch it to manual to keep it in 3rd gear. I wish there was a tuning parameter that would allow you to block out AFM under 40 or 50 MPH.
You can turn of NPP and the exhaust is wide open all the time. That's what I do.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:56 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

when the car drops to 4 c. mode there are 2 more elec. flaps about right in front of the rear end ,inside the 2 ex. pipes that close the whole pipe leaving about a 1'' hole for the ex. .this is so it can keep the correct back presure for 4 c.mode, and this is why the d. mode cuts off and on ....... why oh why did they pu a 4 c. in a vette
Old 08-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Curahee
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
when the car drops to 4 c. mode there are 2 more elec. flaps about right in front of the rear end ,inside the 2 ex. pipes that close the whole pipe leaving about a 1'' hole for the ex. .this is so it can keep the correct back presure for 4 c.mode, and this is why the d. mode cuts off and on ....... why oh why did they pu a 4 c. in a vette
In order to help GM meet the fricking CAFE Standards.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:20 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Curahee
In order to help GM meet the fricking CAFE Standards.
a little off post but , what do we have to do to get a ''pure american musle car ? buy a dodge , or ford . .....''god forbid'' i mean come on , i was getting up to 36-38 mi. a gal on the hiway in g/s .
but anyway the above is why your duel mode will cut in and out because you ''will notice this happpning .

also when you look for your batt, under the hood , its in the trunk.
(under the carpet ) lol
The following users liked this post:
trawler (11-14-2018)
Old 08-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Tokyo1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brilliant post Glen. Here's one to consider:

XX. Slight clutch/driveline shudder when launching an M7 from a stop.

Semper Fi ... Andy
Old 08-28-2014, 11:30 PM
bmxbaddy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Glen, great post and benefit for all. I've been closing my rear hatch since day one (10 Oct) w/o having to slam it. Forget what the book says about the 'heat' spring that's supposed to allow an easy shut and I don't know anyone that's really that comfortable with slamming it (which looks really stupid if people are watching). Simply lower the hatch and place your elbow on it and press down firmly. Try it a couple of times and you'll never do it differently. Really works .
I just roll down the window or open a door. The rear hatch closes perfect, with almost no effort if it's not sealed up. without doing either I have to do the elbow trick or something similar.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:19 AM
Rohey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monkeygrip
IMO, more hot air enters the cabin when the top is off (coupe) than on a c5 or c6. This may be nice in fall/winter but for summer the A/C can barely keep up.
Ventilated seats make up the difference....keep you nice and cool without blasting the A/C with the top off
Old 10-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 964 Likes on 501 Posts
Tech Contributor

Bump for new owners
Old 10-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,367 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo1
Brilliant post Glen. Here's one to consider:

XX. Slight clutch/driveline shudder when launching an M7 from a stop.

Semper Fi ... Andy
Not mine...
Old 10-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Diavel
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanTheFireman
… and magnetic park to go with the mag ride. There will almost always be something next to it no matter how far out you park.
Wow, its funny you say that because I've noticed that. I'm two months into owning my first Corvette and this happens all the time. I naturally do it with everything I drive, but the Corvette seems to be the only car I have with this problem!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:04 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbrown333
you forgot to mention that when you put the accelerator to the floor it will make you smile!

And
you will become the center of attention...
complete strangers will start conversations...
..other drivers/pedestrians waving/thumbs up...
Old 11-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Anthony j
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Broken car

Originally Posted by Glen e
...but you might think you have a "broken" car. A few things on the car are normal, but the sales guy did not tell you. If you feel or see the following, they are NORMAL and part of the C7 experience. Many other threads here on WHY it is this way, this is just a list:

1.Tires/front end chatter/clunk on full lock slow turns
2.Water drips from car after shutoff (small amts, no oilyness, just water)
3.The motor top makes clicking noises when running/idling (direct injectors)
4.The motor will turn a few revs before lighting up on start ( engine pressurizing fuel system)
5. Oil may read different levels on either side of dipstick. Rotate it once before reading, or take the average of both sides.
6. The trunk will be hard to close when new, many report it gets better with mileage, some do not.
7. when filling up with fuel or unlocking the driver door, you will hear a few clicks near the fuel door, more than one...
8. the indentation in the Styrofoam battery cover is not missing anything, it's for a euro tow eye bolt that is not supplied on US cars, no inflator either in US cars.
9. Upon full acceleration of a automatic, when shifting, it will backfire "bark", due to computer settings/ unburned fuel.

Please feel free to add others to this thread, I will keep the list up to date... John & Steve - can we sticky this?
Thank you for that, I picked up mt DSOM Z51, last week, I thought I had a major problem while turning my wheels in a parking lot, thank you again , Tony
Old 11-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Jaboor
Advanced

1, 2, 3, 4, 6 are spot on!!! Wish I saw this post earlier, I took my car in twice for these issues hahaha glad to know these are "standard"
Old 11-03-2014, 12:06 PM
kenownr
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Thanks Glen -- great post.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:33 PM
DucMan 888
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Sin City
These all sound exactly like my car.

When I picked up my car at the museum, they showed me how to close the trunk.

SLAM!

I couldn't believe it.
Same here. I now either crack the window or leave the car door open which makes it less of a slam effect. Now if I can figure out how to get the wife to close the door without feeling like it is gonna come off the hinges.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:08 PM
janicept
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pocket Aces
It attracts every rice burner and mustang into challenging you into some sort of challenge. I seriously had some dumb kid in a ford fiesta come to a dead stop in the middle of two lanes blocking me and then he drove off like I was going to race him for real. I pulled up next to him at the light and revved really loud and the kid basically reduced the life of his engine in half just to give it a little a tire chirp and I just slowly took off forward.
I don't think of it as racing so much as playing since we could all smoke them if we tried. I've had some cars think they're racing me just because I tend to slow down when I get to areas that normally have cops then speed up if there's none. I had one old (probably 1990ish) cop car pass me at around 100. I had to give him props for his car not falling apart at that speed.

I like the looks I get when the valet brings the car around and people can't believe it's mine.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Knobbie
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is it with women slamming doors? I told my wife if you slam the door the glass inside will shatter. Now when she takes the Nolan Ryan windup, I just yell DOOR!!!! Never fails.

QUOTE=DucMan 888;1588181070]Same here. I now either crack the window or leave the car door open which makes it less of a slam effect. Now if I can figure out how to get the wife to close the door without feeling like it is gonna come off the hinges.[/QUOTE]

Get notified of new replies

To New to the Vette? NORMAL things the Vette does.....

Old 11-13-2014, 07:01 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Knobbie
What is it with women slamming doors? I told my wife if you slam the door the glass inside will shatter. Now when she takes the Nolan Ryan windup, I just yell DOOR!!!! Never fails.

QUOTE=DucMan 888;1588181070]Same here. I now either crack the window or leave the car door open which makes it less of a slam effect. Now if I can figure out how to get the wife to close the door without feeling like it is gonna come off the hinges.
[/QUOTE

try opening and closing the door for her , it might payoff in more ways than one ........
Old 11-13-2014, 07:27 PM
Knobbie
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you kidding, I'm lucky she lets me drive her around. If I ever give up the drivers seat she might realize she doesn't need me!

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
[/QUOTE

try opening and closing the door for her , it might payoff in more ways than one ........
Old 11-14-2014, 05:19 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Knobbie
Are you kidding, I'm lucky she lets me drive her around. If I ever give up the drivers seat she might realize she doesn't need me!

Quick Reply: New to the Vette? NORMAL things the Vette does.....