Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Ambassador
CI-3-4, 9 & 10 Car Show Winner
CI-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14, '16
St Jude Fedex Bowl Donor '09

I called Kevin Will Les Stanford 3-4 weeks ago "inquiring" about a 2015 possibly. (my mind not made up yet). As Phil Collins sings --"No reply at all"... they must not want to deal with me again. On to the next when the time comes.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by G b 2 G
Who should I deal with since I live in Oregon.
Deal with any of the main Forum dealers. Pick the one who gives you the best price. I went with Mike Furman at Criswell. I never met him, everything was done via email and phone calls. I elected to do a Museum delivery (highly recommend it), but they all do courtesy delivery to a dealer near you. Some will even have it delivered to your home.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:51 PM
metal
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Got mine from a dealer NOT ON THE LIST....and got the best deal I could find in Florida at the time...go figure
Old 07-11-2014, 05:01 PM
romaja
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You might try Suburban in Sandy. They service a great many Corvettes in the Portland area. I am using Les Stanford as they honor the Credit Union Pricing.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:55 PM
jcosta79
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting that Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX is # 8 on the list, but they are the #1 volume Chevy dealer in the country. I would have thought they would rank higher on the list.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 1,021 Likes on 527 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by jcosta79
Interesting that Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX is # 8 on the list, but they are the #1 volume Chevy dealer in the country. I would have thought they would rank higher on the list.

Sheer volume has little to do with Vette sales, volume like grapevine is done with fleet sales usually, and a decision by mgmt to sell to diff groups than Vette owners. I can see that, moving Ssonics/trucks and the like is much easier than the demanding Vette group, also floor plan costs are a lot more if the hi end market goes south unexpectedly. Remember the Kerbeck's of the world are playing with a loaded gun, they have to take these big pieces when they slow down too, not just now. That can crush profit, like you wouldn't believe....

Last edited by Glen e; 07-11-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hankman
I live in calif....bought mine from Kerbeck because i couldn't find any calif dealers, how many were sold in calif?
Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Boardwalk in Redwood City, CA (a forum dealer) is #13 on the list.
This one as well that I recognize in So Cal:40 SELMAN CHEVROLET COMPANY 50
Old 07-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by TRAYC7
I called Kevin Will Les Stanford 3-4 weeks ago "inquiring" about a 2015 possibly. (my mind not made up yet). As Phil Collins sings --"No reply at all"... they must not want to deal with me again. On to the next when the time comes.
Tracy,
You and Ernie can call me anytime. Let me know if I can help.

Mike Furman
301 212 4420
Criswell Chevrolet

Last edited by Mike Furman@Criswell; 07-11-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:40 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Criswell
Tracy,
You and Ernie can call me anytime. Let me know if I can help.

Mike Furman
301 212 4420
Criswell Chevrolet

Ditto what Mike just said. The #1 top sales person in the sale of Corvettes. G.M. loves this guy, and sends him to the 24 Hours of LeMans because he IS the top dog in Corvetteland.

Last edited by vette4lyn; 07-11-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:48 PM
G b 2 G
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
Old 07-11-2014, 07:01 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Default Mike furman to the rescue......AGAIN

Mike Furman has done many Courtesy Deliveries to Oregon residents. In October of 2013 he did 4 all on one truck that went from Bowling Green to Lithia Chevrolet in Bend. One of those was to our long time friend Doctor Chuck in Broken Top in Bend. The other 3 were for Mike's customers on the east side of the Cascades. Mike coordinated the production schedule so that all 4 C7's could be delivered on the same truck via Courtesy Delivery. An amazing sales rep, who has been selling the Corvette brand since 1978...... and is now over 3,200 Corvettes sold since that time.

BTW, the same week that Mike arranged that truck of Corvettes to deliver his orders to Lithia Chevrolet in Bend, he also did 2 Museum deliveries to two other Oregon customers...... who were neighbors in Tillamook, Oregon.

More to your point though...... Mike sold a C7 recently to an Oregon customer (west side of the Cascades) who took delivery at Carr Chevrolet in Beaverton via Courtesy Delivery. The rep at Carr is Adam Mlady......503-644-2161. He is their Internet Manager. I have talked to him recently as well about our 2015 ZO6 Oregon Courtesy Delivery on order from...... you guessed it, Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland. He was very accommodating and was more than happy to handle another Furman Courtesy Delivery. They charge $400.00 for the Courtesy Delivery, which is right in the middle of the pricing range.

Although Suburban Chevrolet in Sandy is good sized Corvette dealer in Oregon (maybe the largest), I found them difficult to deal with, and their allocation for the C7 is many times less than the big dogs back east who have hundreds of allocations to place your order from. Suburban has but a handful compared to the big C.F. vendors, and their small allocation (relatively speaking, of course) is spoken for as soon as they get their allocation allotments.

So, give Mike a call (direct line ; 301-212-4420)...... then give Adam a call at Carr for the Courtesy Delivery.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:03 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Call MacMulkin--BEST PRICE, and NO FEES!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:13 PM
ddanis60
Racer

I stopped into the dealer in junction city I think it was.. on hwy 99 just north of Eugene. This was back in early December back when it was hard to find them in stock on my entire drive from Los Angeles to Washington state and back. They not only impressed me with their knowledge, but they let me sit in it and mess around with all the controls all I wanted on the one they had in stock on the showroom floor, and this was after I told them I was only there to look and had no intent on buying. They were either a MSRP dealer or right below. Not sure on their allocations, but I think id like to give them my business if I ever do order.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:40 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Originally Posted by ddanis60
I stopped into the dealer in junction city I think it was.. on hwy 99 just north of Eugene. This was back in early December back when it was hard to find them in stock on my entire drive from Los Angeles to Washington state and back. They not only impressed me with their knowledge, but they let me sit in it and mess around with all the controls all I wanted on the one they had in stock on the showroom floor, and this was after I told them I was only there to look and had no intent on buying. They were either a MSRP dealer or right below. Not sure on their allocations, but I think id like to give them my business if I ever do order.
You must be talking about Guaranty Chevrolet. They do have a good reputation, and another friend of ours bought a 2014 Premier Edition Lime Rock Green C7 convertible from them. That being said, they are not in the top 100 for allocations, so getting the Corvette you want...... when you want it...... is going to be dicey at best. Best plan is to contact Guaranty and Mike Furman at Criswell and see who will deliver exactly what you ordered...... when you want your C7 to be delivered.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:35 PM
fizzman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if Kerbeck and Criswell offer supplier pricing on 2015 Z51 coupes. All my research indicates only Les Sanford honors supplier pricing. so not sure how folks are saying they got a good deal at Kerbeck and Criswell?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:42 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Mine was one of the 528 at MacMulkin.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Bought mine from PAUL MASSE CHEVROLET, INC. Dealer #21. Sold 90 Corvettes.

Get notified of new replies

To The Top Corvette Dealers of 2014 - Mid Year Report

Old 07-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 9157
Go Hendrick!!
When you combine all his stores he is by far the number one dealer...my car started it all...it was the first one delivered!!!!
Go Hendrick???? Many or most of the franchises were charging way over MSRP.. After the fire storm of bad press and people at least here on the Forums, Hendrick sent out an internal memo to the franchises to not charge over MSRP.... The last dealership I would ever buy a car from. Glad it worked out for you on whatever you paid....

Do a search here on the forums and there are plenty of threads and posts about them....
Old 07-12-2014, 01:33 AM
ddanis60
Racer

Originally Posted by vette4lyn
You must be talking about Guaranty Chevrolet. They do have a good reputation, and another friend of ours bought a 2014 Premier Edition Lime Rock Green C7 convertible from them. That being said, they are not in the top 100 for allocations, so getting the Corvette you want...... when you want it...... is going to be dicey at best. Best plan is to contact Guaranty and Mike Furman at Criswell and see who will deliver exactly what you ordered...... when you want your C7 to be delivered.
Very good info. Im still an Oregon resident but on active duty and have been out of the state for over a decade now. Gotta love no sales tax!
Old 07-12-2014, 03:17 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by hankman
I live in calif....bought mine from Kerbeck because i couldn't find any calif dealers, how many were sold in calif?
Same here. I got a complete runaround from a local dealer. Then I picked exactly what I wanted from Kerbeck's website. It was in transit, going in the wrong direction, from KY to NJ. I wired Kerbeck a deposit, arranged for Montway to ship it to the LA area, and 10 days later a transporter showed up at my house.

Quick Reply: The Top Corvette Dealers of 2014 - Mid Year Report