MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
But greed is not...
They're simply taking advantage of the oil boom. Kind of like some farmers in the corn belt. Think ethanol . . .
Old 07-09-2014, 07:19 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,122 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickBlackVette
So yesterday I stop off at the local dealer to see if they have any verts in. They have two. A yellow and a red one and both z51 with black wheels and autos. Nice looking for sure. Drive away today the sign on the window said......for..................$99,000.0 0!!!!!!!!!! . I am very interested in the Z06 vert but if this is the kind of game dealers are going play then they can keep their cars. 20 grand market adjustment??????? Total B.S..

Rant over....
Nothing new here. Some dealers do this everytime a new hot model comes out. Been happening for decades now including vettes. Just say no to crack and buy from Forum Supporting Dealers.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:22 AM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Since MSRP on a base coupe with zero options is $54,000 I'm doubting what you were told.
What he forgot to mention was that the "loaded 2 LT for $53000 " was a used C6.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:58 AM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Over the years they dealers do this on most new cars, so what. Somebody with more money than brains will purchase and not know the difference. Looking for a person with high emotions that will make a spur of the moment purchase. Best of luck.

Last edited by 1KULC7; 07-09-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:07 PM
JACKPAC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
good, makes resale value that much better....
Would it? I'd imagine once that car's off the lot, it's still worth less than sticker. As are all cars.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

So yesterday I stop off at the local dealer to see if they have any verts in. They have two. A yellow and a red one and both z51 with black wheels and autos. Nice looking for sure. Drive away today the sign on the window said......for..................$99,000.0 0!!!!!!!!!! . I am very interested in the Z06 vert but if this is the kind of game dealers are going play then they can keep their cars. 20 grand market adjustment??????? Total B.S..

Rant over....
Tell the dealer you will write a check for MSRP right now and see what he says.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenmcp
Tell the dealer you will write a check for MSRP right now and see what he says.
Went to the Dealer Site. He had other C7's including a Z51 at MSRP with no Markup. Have no idea why he had just Two with the Markup.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:56 PM
murtro
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

<<<@!1!@>>>

Apparently you have not been informed.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Zerski
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

People are still paying window sticker for these things? Much less over?
Old 07-09-2014, 07:01 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SASprof
Gosh. What a lot of folks lose sight of is this is all voluntary. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head. A deal only gets done if both parties agree. It's called freedom. Freedom is good. The dealer is free to ask any price he wants. The buyer is free to refuse any price he disagrees with. The buyer is free to simply walk away. Or go elsewhere. I do it all the time. I believe in freedom. For myself and everybody else. Including dealers. Including their customers. Repeat after me: Freedom is good.
Sure making the deal is voluntary. But how about my time being wasted because I believe I am going into a place of business which has reasonable pricing on the product. But instead, I walk into the dealership run by jackasses who have no regard for my time and will gouge me on the price of the product if I allow them to do so. In the past we called those types huckster and shysters and we shunned them because their behavior was predatory at best and possibly criminal if we weren't on our guard. These kind have always been around. But no one made excuses for their bad behavior in the past. Today, it seems to be whatever you can get away with. And we call it progress. My my.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:55 PM
SlickBlackVette
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Second Vette
Went to the Dealer Site. He had other C7's including a Z51 at MSRP with no Markup. Have no idea why he had just Two with the Markup.
The only cars I saw on the floor are the two with the mark ups. I don't know where those others are but they were not on display at the dealership when I was there the other day. They may be in the back but since no one came to try and sell me anything I didn't get the scoop or the chance to tell them they are crazy.

For those that say it is their right to charge what they want I agree. But it is also mine and everyone elses right to know about crap like this and avoid it by being informed.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:06 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by J Vette
Sure making the deal is voluntary. But how about my time being wasted because I believe I am going into a place of business which has reasonable pricing on the product. But instead, I walk into the dealership run by jackasses who have no regard for my time and will gouge me on the price of the product if I allow them to do so. In the past we called those types huckster and shysters and we shunned them because their behavior was predatory at best and possibly criminal if we weren't on our guard. These kind have always been around. But no one made excuses for their bad behavior in the past. Today, it seems to be whatever you can get away with. And we call it progress. My my.
Dealer markup is not a criminal offense. MSRP stands for "Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price". The key word here is SUGGESTED. The informed buyer will purchase elsewhere. It's a simple as that.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:34 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

No camera needed with the interweb. Just look at their web site! http://www.allamericanchevroletmidla...vette+Stingray

$99,494 for the yellow and 98,324 for the red.
Isn't your whole area awash in oil money right now? Maybe the dealer figures someone from the oil fields will walk in with way too much cash, and way too little sense.

Sure sucks for regular folks, though.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:12 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I guess someone's gotta pay for all those illegal immigrants.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,011 Likes on 2,891 Posts

Rant over....
You need to shop on-line here for a new Corvette. "$99K" is not acceptable to pay for one. In Dallas/Ft. Worth they're not over list, if that.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:10 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,011 Likes on 2,891 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Isn't your whole area awash in oil money right now? Maybe the dealer figures someone from the oil fields will walk in with way too much cash, and way too little sense.

Sure sucks for regular folks, though.
The entire Country is; "awash in oil money right now," -not just Texas.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:29 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave
Dealer markup is not a criminal offense. MSRP stands for "Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price". The key word here is SUGGESTED. The informed buyer will purchase elsewhere. It's a simple as that.
I know what msrp stands for. I didn't say markup was criminal behavior.
Like I said, Today's culture accepts unreasonable behavior as the norm. It's fine to waste my time with nonsense. Anything goes as long as you can get away with it.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:47 PM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave
What's also simple is word of mouth driving customers away from dealers like this.

The public has the right and the ability to get time-wasting dealers like this to change their behavior or lose sales to dealers who treat customers with respect.

Quick Reply: HOLY SMOKIN' CRACK market adjustment