Sponsored by:

Pandora

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 04:56 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,573 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Default Pandora

I really like Pandora (beats the pants off satellite radio IMHO), so I really wanted to make it work in my C7. After reading the manual and much experimentation, this is what I think I have figured out:

This is IPhone specific (I have an IPhone 4S): If you plug your IPhone into one of the USB jacks, you can tap on the Pandora icon on the center stack and operate Pandora completely through the C7 center screen as you would on the IPhone itself. However, if you unplug the IPhone and rely on Bluetooth, then you have to control Pandora (making music selections, etc.) on the IPhone and NOT on the center screen using the C7 "media" button to play Pandora as you would music normally stored on any external device.

Okay, someone tell me if I have this right...??
Old 07-02-2014, 05:27 PM
marc4427
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 47 Posts

You are right
Old 07-02-2014, 05:29 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Not to hijack but does this apply to an android phone also?
Old 07-02-2014, 05:30 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

You are correct. I purchased a small cable and keep that in the center console - I get in the car, I plug in my phone. Done. ALSO keeps the phone charged which is nice. WAY better than submitting to the painful experience that is known as satellite radio customer service.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:02 PM
lizizvette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You do not have to plug in the IPhone via USB in order to receive Pandora. If your IPhone is paired you can control the Pandora app just like you can with it plugged with USB cord. The difference is the audio quality is reduced because the Bluetooth pairing only uses the forward speakers just like it does when a phone call is processed. To get the best audio quality use the USB cord connection. Reference downloaded infotainment handbook.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:08 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,573 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Originally Posted by lizizvette
You do not have to plug in the IPhone via USB in order to receive Pandora. If your IPhone is paired you can control the Pandora app just like you can with it plugged with USB cord. The difference is the audio quality is reduced because the Bluetooth pairing only uses the forward speakers just like it does when a phone call is processed. To get the best audio quality use the USB cord connection. Reference downloaded infotainment handbook.
What model of IPhone are you using? On my IPhone 4S, as soon as I unplug the Iphone, the music stops and all the center screen Pandora buttons and controls gray out...
Old 07-02-2014, 06:09 PM
marc4427
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by T_Vert
I think your phone , works
Old 07-02-2014, 06:15 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by marc4427
I think your phone , works
I know on my other cars Pandora goes into accessory mode and ask features work on the head unit. HoweversI'd be shocked if only the front speakers work via Bluetooth. That's be one Hell of a oversight by GM in this day and age.

Dave
Old 07-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Rgeezer
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Seems to work fine on my android galaxy s3, but is a little cranky sometimes about connecting, which I chalk up to the pathetic t-mobile coverage.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Limey25
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an addendum to this, I have noticed that if I want to use a different streaming service (such as Spotify or Rdio, the former I use most as Pandora gets a little repetitive for me), then it only works if I use the bluetooth and it won't work at all if I am cabled.

If I do have a cable connected then I can use any music/podcasts stored on my phone, just not streaming services.

Given I set Spotify on random most of the time, I can always use the hard buttons on my central console to skip tracks, I just don't have the full suite of Pandora options that you otherwise would get if using that service and a cable.

Looking forward to the day when all Vette's have a fully integrated entertainment system but still like what I have.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:17 PM
lizizvette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone should go to the top section of the main C7 forum and down load both the basic owners manual and the infotainment handbook. Most of your questions will be answered there. I have an older IPhone 3.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:45 PM
nh_mark
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I've used Pandora over Bluetooth on my Android phone (custom ROM running 4.4.3) on Verizon with no issues. I control Pandora using the Infotainment screen.

-Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Pandora

Quick Reply: Pandora