Sponsored by:

Now I am a believer

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:22 AM
air86
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Now I am a believer

Went to Mickey'ds on the way home from work today and I pull up to the window and the kid working it says wow nice stingray is it the Z-51? I said no I don't track the car n didn't want to wait because when I ordered z-51's were still heavily constrained. So I paid and went to the next window. I pull there and he says 3 minutes on the browns and im like ok no biggy. So I turned the car off.

While I am sitting there I Get 5 comments and people walking over and looking and then inside I can hear a wow session going on, all positive.

But reason I now believe in the comments is when the car sits still and people get a chance to absorb and realize that they are looking at a stingray the comments come in waves. I think because Cyber grey doesn't stand out like torch red or artic white IMO.

Haven't gotten any negative comments yet which is the best and really makes me feel good. Still waiting for someone to flip a bitch just to see it though.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:32 AM
FEEDMESLURPIES
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Glad that you're getting lots of positive comments on your ride; cyber grey is a great looking color for sure.

But why were you at McDonald's, did you lose a bet? Or did your body do something bad and need punishing?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 AM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FEEDMESLURPIES
Awesome! Glad that you're getting lots of positive comments on your ride; cyber grey is a great looking color for sure.

But why were you at McDonald's, did you lose a bet? Or did your body do something bad and need punishing?
Strange remark coming from someone with a handle of “FEEDMESLURPIES” a drink totally devoid of nutritional value. Just giving you a friendly dose of c--p. Don
Old 06-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Floridian
Advanced

Originally Posted by W88fixer
Strange remark coming from someone with a handle of “FEEDMESLURPIES” a drink totally devoid of nutritional value. Just giving you a friendly dose of c--p. Don

You two guys are funny!!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 AM
FEEDMESLURPIES
Racer

The fruit-flavored ones are just like eating real fruit!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:00 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Because McDonalds is a well-known hangout of intellectuals and knowledgeable consumers of quality products

"You want Z51 with that?"
Old 06-30-2014, 09:21 PM
sdk
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

I've had more parking lot conversations with strangers the past two months than the first 54 years, 4 months of my life. People love to talk about Corvettes!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don, youre a funny guy--unusual for the forum, but i for one like it. i know from someone with my rep it means little, but it means a lot to me. btw, after the car, apparently he didnt have a lot of money left for food. amazing what some people will go to for a little recognition!

Last edited by thedofuss; 06-30-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Klyde
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I’m also a believer. My wife and I went for a Sunday cruz to Schu’s Bar and Grill up in St. Joseph Michigan by the lake. It was a wonderful day and there was a lot of people out walking. We ended up sitting right in front a window where the car was parked. While eating we saw multiple groups of people gather around my car talking and taking pictures. The people on either side of us were talking about the attraction and then commenting about the car. I can't tell you how good it felt to be the one to get up and go out to get into it. When we went to leave several small groups stopped to tell us how great the car looked. Every one of them thought the color was fantastic. Every time we stop somewhere the same thing happens. Mine is Lime Rock Green which is the least favorite of all the colors so I imagine the rest of you guys get it even worst then we do. I just think they have no ideal what the car is really like without having driven one. I mean that’s its beat feature. Sure it looks good but man does it put a smile on your face once you drive it.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:59 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by sdk
I've had more parking lot conversations with strangers the past two months than the first 54 years, 4 months of my life. People love to talk about Corvettes!!!
out of curiosity, do you think there is any other car that would engender any MORE attention? im thinking that the answer to this question, at this point in time, is no.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:03 AM
ersin
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thedofuss
out of curiosity, do you think there is any other car that would engender any MORE attention?
Um, Lamborghini? Bugatti? Pagani? Oh, you mean at the Corvettes price. Wait, I know. Tesla!

Cheers.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:25 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ersin
Um, Lamborghini? Bugatti? Pagani? Oh, you mean at the Corvettes price. Wait, I know. Tesla!

Cheers.
Interesting observation, I was at a local car show and there was a Tesla parked amongst all the Vette's, Mustangs, Camaro's and assorted muscle cars and standing back and observing I was amazed at the number of folks that were gathered around the Tesla and kept coming and going. My CTS- V was ignored and I was three spots away.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:25 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by air86
Went to Mickey'ds on the way home from work today and I pull up to the window and the kid working it says wow nice stingray is it the Z-51? I said no I don't track the car n didn't want to wait because when I ordered z-51's were still heavily constrained. So I paid and went to the next window. I pull there and he says 3 minutes on the browns and im like ok no biggy. So I turned the car off.

While I am sitting there I Get 5 comments and people walking over and looking and then inside I can hear a wow session going on, all positive.

But reason I now believe in the comments is when the car sits still and people get a chance to absorb and realize that they are looking at a stingray the comments come in waves. I think because Cyber grey doesn't stand out like torch red or artic white IMO.

Haven't gotten any negative comments yet which is the best and really makes me feel good. Still waiting for someone to flip a bitch just to see it though.
The only negative comment I overheard about my C7 convertible was by two moron Mustang owner's at a Friday night cruise-in last week.

Mustang owner's are all snob's and they all wear dungarees in 90 degree heat & humidity!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:11 PM
DickM
Advanced

My wife had to take her new Hyundai Sonata (nice car by the way) in to the dealer for a repair issue. I picked her up in the C7 and the Hyundai salesmen started coming out to look and said "nice car!" I said, "yeah, my wife drives a Hyundai." They started laughing and I said "I'm not kidding- we just dropped it off at service."
Old 07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Cheers.
maybe. interesting--i think most people would not know a bugatti if it came up to them an kissed them on the butt. also, as re: a lambo, i dont think most people believe that an owner of that car is approachable, like the corvette. As far as the tesla is concerned, again, i dont think most people recognize them yet--and they go for over $100k, as well. i still think the vette may be the overall winner--certainly in the usa--except maybe the ferarri, and again, most people would be afraid to approach an owner, i think. so, when it comes to seeking attention from the population, i think your objective is best served by a corvette. qed.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:44 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by 2vetteEd
The only negative comment I overheard about my C7 convertible was by two moron Mustang owner's at a Friday night cruise-in last week.

Mustang owner's are all snob's and they all wear dungarees in 90 degree heat & humidity!
what do they have to be snobs about? its a ford, after all.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:59 PM
sharpgt
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Cheers.
Let me start by saying I love love love my C7. However my GTR gets way more attention from a much broader audience. It still surprises me how many people do not even know what it is, just know it looks fast. Took the GTR to a local cruise night where 2 C7's (a base vert and Z-51 coupe) were present and pretty much ignored while the GTR had a steady stream of admirers. Really no comparison in terms of attention, comments, pics taken etc. My 7 year old commented "good thing we didn't bring the Stingray Daddy!".
Old 07-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by thedofuss
maybe. interesting--i think most people would not know a bugatti if it came up to them an kissed them on the butt. also, as re: a lambo, i dont think most people believe that an owner of that car is approachable, like the corvette. As far as the tesla is concerned, again, i dont think most people recognize them yet--and they go for over $100k, as well. i still think the vette may be the overall winner--certainly in the usa--except maybe the ferarri, and again, most people would be afraid to approach an owner, i think. so, when it comes to seeking attention from the population, i think your objective is best served by a corvette. qed.
Very good point regarding "approachability," I had not thought of that before but IMO, it makes sense as it is an All-American sports car.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:06 PM
David2667
Advanced

Mustang owner's are all snob's and they all wear dungarees in 90 degree heat & humidity![/QUOTE]

Some Mustang owners can also appreciate a C7. Can't remember the last time I wore dungarees and I live in 90 degree heat most of the year.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Now I am a believer

Quick Reply: Now I am a believer