Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Discounts/Supplier Pricing Yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,922 Likes on 1,364 Posts

Default 2015 Discounts/Supplier Pricing Yet?

I called a West Coast forum dealer, and my local dealer. They both said they are already loaded with 2015 orders, and no supplier pricing. Doesn't sound good.

Anyone getting supplier or substantial discounts on 2015's yet? BTW, I can't go with a dealer too far out my area (I have too much work to have time to drive from back East, and don't trust the quality enough yet to do a Courtesy Delivery).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Michael
Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Pie R Squared
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go with Les Stanford they like to use Crest Chervrolet in San Bernardino for their Courtesy deliveries. I haven't heard any complaints about Crest yet.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:03 PM
ckzo6
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For us California Guys what is the added expense of getting a car out of state? I imagine the cost of bringing a new car in with less than 7500 miles will kill all the discounts a buyer may have received. My wife thinks its crazy to buy a car unseen and I worry about this myself.

I would like to deal with Les Stanford as they are from my home town and were very nice when I went to visit earlier this year.

Chris
Old 06-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Pie R Squared
Burning Brakes

The added cost is the courtesy delivery which runs from about $300-$500 depending on the dealer. I have the same worry but if something is wrong you can always not accept the car.

Last edited by Pie R Squared; 06-25-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ckzo6
For us California Guys what is the added expense of getting a car out of state? I imagine the cost of bringing a new car in with less than 7500 miles will kill all the discounts a buyer may have received. My wife thinks its crazy to buy a car unseen and I worry about this myself.

I would like to deal with Les Stanford as they are from my home town and were very nice when I went to visit earlier this year.

Chris
We California people have to pay sales tax no matter what, so no savings there. The 7500 mile issue is only for cars without California emissions certification. I would think you could order it with that option when delivered to a dealer out of state, and then you would be all set.

Unfortunately, Les Stanford is 2500 miles away (time issues preclude this, although I too lived in Detroit for a while, and would like to visit again). If it got delivered in winter, fugetaboutit! Been there, done that, an adventure to say the least.

Michael

Last edited by Michael A; 06-25-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Pie R Squared
The added cost is the courtesy delivery which runs from about $300-$500 depending on the dealer. I have the same worry but if something is wrong you can always not accept the car.
Don't you have to prepay the ordering dealer for the car prior to Courtesy Delivery? I did this with my C5, but that was so long ago, I can't recall. Also let's say you refused delivery, how is the ordering dealer going to get their car back?

Michael
Old 06-25-2014, 01:58 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

I see a lot here about supplier discounts. How much exactly is that discount?

I have a professional relationship with a major supplier and I'm wondering if I would quality for such a discount.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:47 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by dwward

I have a professional relationship with a major supplier and I'm wondering if I would quality for such a discount.
Around 6500 on a 68000 corvette.
z51vett
Doug
Old 06-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

If you want a deal on a C7 you've gotta being willing to compromise. Buying sight unseen is one of those compromises.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

You have to work for a company that's on the list. GM has a supplier build site where you can input the company name to determine their eligibility. My 2LT Z51 had an MSRP of $66,585. My cost is $60,574.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:45 PM
rstrait
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought I'd heard you could qualify for supplier pricing if you were a member of a credit union. Anybody know what the deal is with that?
Old 06-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Z06_4U2NV
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael A
I called a West Coast forum dealer, and my local dealer. They both said they are already loaded with 2015 orders, and no supplier pricing. Doesn't sound good.

Anyone getting supplier or substantial discounts on 2015's yet? BTW, I can't go with a dealer too far out my area (I have too much work to have time to drive from back East, and don't trust the quality enough yet to do a Courtesy Delivery).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Michael
I just received mine, last week, via Courtesy Delivery. I ordered it from a dealer in KY that would accept Supplier Pricing. The dealers out here in SoCal basically laughed and said they are getting up to $10K over MSRP. Don't waste your time with them. I paid for the Corvette Museum Photo Album (of the car being built) and the Buyer's Tour. I would highly recommend at least the album.

My experience with SoCal Chevy dealers is that they are either jerks, clueless, or idiots. They are much better in the Mid-West, in my opinion. I did not care for the courtesy delivery guy that was "watching" for the delivery of mine. He was difficult to get ahold of and knew nothing about the car other than to say that they attended the week long performance training at Spring Mountain. The gas tank wasn't even filled up (1/2 tank). I tell myself, "It's better that they did too little than too much and screw something up on the car."

Next time I will probably opt for Museum Delivery or a different Courtesy Delivery dealer in SoCal. I will also consider Les Stanford for the order.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:05 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Join a Credit Union on the list to get supplier pricing...if it is extended for 2015 Corvette. It worked for 2014's
https://www.mygmdiscount.com/
Old 06-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

To the OP and other So Cal folks. I actually stopped by earlier today at Rotolo Chevy in Fontana on the way home from an appt. I was told they do accept Courtesy Delivery. It is $350.00.

They do not accept any discounts (got that from the GM and owner personally). They sell at MSRP. The GM mentioned by mid next year their pricing might come down under MSRP.

I thanked them and told them I will most likely use them for a Courtesy Delivery since other Chevy Dealers out of state are selling under MSRP and excepting discounts. They acted surprised but they get a very low allocation so I doubt they care.

Last edited by Wildmanht; 06-25-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:16 PM
mfear
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pie R Squared
not if you do all the paperwork before hand with the out-of-state dealer.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Aceman
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Given that forum dealers were discounting 14's for the last few months, i really have a hard time believing supplier pricing won't be availble sometime soon. I bet soon as the summer is over and winters around the corner there will be discounts and supplier pricing all over the place for 15's....
Old 06-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Z06_4U2NV
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mfear
not if you do all the paperwork before hand with the out-of-state dealer.
Really? I have never heard of a no additional fee Courtesy Delivery. Out here it was $300-$350...if they even agreed to it. I paid $350.

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Discounts/Supplier Pricing Yet?

Old 06-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Originally Posted by Aceman
Given that forum dealers were discounting 14's for the last few months, i really have a hard time believing supplier pricing won't be availble sometime soon. I bet soon as the summer is over and winters around the corner there will be discounts and supplier pricing all over the place for 15's....
Supplier pricing is already available for all Stingrays. It has been since the beginning of March. Dealers don't have to accept it though.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:02 AM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

Holy crap! I had no idea the savings was so substantial. I am a member of a credit union (moved to CU following the banking crash with bailed out banks refusing consumer lending. Want my money in my community and u should too, but I digress...) but never payed much attention to the discount bc I assumed it was just a token discount you get just by asking.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mdm23
If you want a deal on a C7 you've gotta being willing to compromise. Buying sight unseen is one of those compromises.
Unfortunately, based on my experience so far with California dealers, I think you are probably right.

I don't think these Cali dealers have much allocation, because they sold so few Vettes in the past. Now with the new model, there are probably more import crossover buyers they never had before.

Michael

Last edited by Michael A; 06-26-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Discounts/Supplier Pricing Yet?