C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying painted carbon fiber roof from GM ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Waytofastvette2006
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Buying painted carbon fiber roof from GM ?

So is this something I can purchase from GM ? Does it come painted ? Wishing I would have gotten the carbon fiber instead of my transparent top.

I know it's not gonna be cheap. I really want the side spears to be cleared over.

I can't be the only one looking to get the carbon roof since it was on constraint in March
Old 06-20-2014, 09:53 PM
greatcanadian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006
So is this something I can purchase from GM ? Does it come painted ? Wishing I would have gotten the carbon fiber instead of my transparent top.

I know it's not gonna be cheap. I really want the side spears to be cleared over.

I can't be the only one looking to get the carbon roof since it was on constraint in March
I ordered the body color and am taking it to have a carbon fiber look wrap done when the car arrives. Much like the carbon flash hood stripe...There are some examples of other wraps on this site if you search...looks good and far less expensive...
Old 06-20-2014, 09:53 PM
djlink21
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just going to get my body colored roof painted Carbon flash. I don't need to have visible carbon fiber, but I can understand if you do.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:58 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Based on the C5 and C6, the painted C7 roof will not be available as a complete unit. You will have to buy the panel and all the various hardware, have the panel painted and then assemble all the parts together.

I don't understand your comment about wanting the side spears cleared over. The painted CF roof is completely painted. The visible CF roof has the side spears.

Get notified of new replies

To Buying painted carbon fiber roof from GM ?

Quick Reply: Buying painted carbon fiber roof from GM ?