Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me build my new Vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 01:39 PM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You seem to have a good sense of what you want and like .. go with your gut. My only advice would be to visit all the Corvette forums and look at every picture you can find. Do google image searches and look at all those pictures too. When I was planning my car I downloaded hundreds of pictures, then ran thru them using the Windows photo viewer, paying attention to which pictures I lingered on .. the ones that were most interesting, or looked the best to me .. It's difficult because it's so hard to find a picture of a Corvette that looks bad .. they all look good. You can't go too wrong. But find the pictures that you linger on ..
Old 06-19-2014, 02:49 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Regarding 2LT vs. 3LT,...
Thanks for taking the time to post these photos. Based upon comments here I went back to compare the 2LT z51 vs 3LT z51. I compared the trim packages side by side on Chevrolet.com and priced both out equipped identically (and as I would order including the navigation up-charge on the 2LT). The price difference is $3k which as best I can tell buys me the added red dash highlights. On second thought, I like the red dash highlights, but I wouldn't pay $3k to buy them.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by dwward
Thanks for taking the time to post these photos. Based upon comments here I went back to compare the 2LT z51 vs 3LT z51. I compared the trim packages side by side on Chevrolet.com and priced both out equipped identically (and as I would order including the navigation up-charge on the 2LT). The price difference is $3k which as best I can tell buys me the added red dash highlights. On second thought, I like the red dash highlights, but I wouldn't pay $3k to buy them.
The $3K isnt just for that added red on the dash. The leather is Napa Leather on the 3LT and the dash and doors are leather too as opposed to the vinyl on the 2LT and 1LT.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:15 PM
lgodom
Drifting

Received 286 Likes on 208 Posts

Congratulations! It sounds like you're pretty set on the combo and options you've chosen. I'm sure you'll love the car. It does need red calipers to balance out the color combo. I hope to order a 2015 next year.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:16 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray23
The $3K isnt just for that added red on the dash. The leather is Napa Leather on the 3LT and the dash and doors are leather too as opposed to the vinyl on the 2LT and 1LT.
Absolutely correct. My only point in the earlier post was that I think with Adrenaline Red most buyers will choose between 2LT and 3LT based on the appearance and distribution of color and not on the type of leather; that's only my opinion. I really like the Napa leather but don't like the red on the dash; as such, I wouldn't order a 3LT in Adrenaline Red.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:19 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by dwward
You are correct if you're talking about a 2014 model. For 2015 I'm guessing that the difference will be closer to $4000 since 3LT will automatically include the alcantara upper trim (which is a separate, $1000 option on 2014 3LTs).
Old 06-19-2014, 04:32 PM
stingray87xx
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Me personally, simple simple simple.

Arctic White
1LT
Z51 Package
Adrenaline Red Seats
Black Wheels
Performance Exhaust

In terms of other options...
I really like modding my cars so I'd get my own driver side racing seat that I prefer with a harnesss bar and harness and not the Competition seats. Leave the passenger side bucket alone for mercy of a potential passenger.

Get a custom carbon fiber dash setup. I shake my head at the fact that you can't get the carbon trim with the 1LT.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I have Night Race Blue and really like the color. I went with a black top and black 2LT interior.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:45 PM
sdk
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

The red interior will look great with the blue!! Go for it!!

Quick Reply: Help me build my new Vette