Sponsored by:

Jerk almost hit my C7 and laughed about it as I was leaving Texas Roadhouse

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:08 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Jerk almost hit my C7 and laughed about it as I was leaving Texas Roadhouse

Sorry no pictures but we ate last night at Texas Roadhouse in our hometown with son, daughter in law and two grand daughters , as they came in town for Father's Day. They were in their own vehicle and I drove my c7 to the restaurant and my husband rode with me there. I was pulling out of the parking area when "bubba redneck type guy" cuts the corner sharply driving into parking area and I slammed on by brakes so he doesn't hit my car. He's driving a cummins diesel truck (dully truck with rear tires and cover that sticks out a lot) . Redneck guy cuts the corner so closely that there wasn't an inch of two from the rear tire dully tire cover and my c7. He pulls his truck up next to me car as close as he can get and rolls down his drivers side window. I roll down my window and he laughs about almost hitting my C7 and then guns his truck and cut his wheel further so that he would hit my car as he continued driving away if I hadn't taken evasive maneuvers.

I reversed my c7 quickly and laid on my horn as people watched outside the restaurant as the jerk gunned his truck and I backed up so he didn't hit the left front side of my c7. I was steaming mad and screamed at bubba calling him a redneck out my drivers side window as he pulled past me and he said "yeah I am watch me" and I started to turn around and go after bubba redneck ( you know the Bible saying that" hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn")as I was steaming mad . My husband said "hey he's not worth it he almost wrecked your car and he probably will hit your car if you follow him". I knew husband was right but I fumed all the way home as I wouldn't try to hit someone's car for any reason but I got the feeling he didn't like sports cars and wanted to hit one for fun....still fuming today as if I hadn't reversed quickly by car would have been hit!!Sorry but I don't understand people being @@@ just for the fun of it!!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:13 PM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

No way to deal with creeps. Glad he didn’t hit you. Don
Old 06-15-2014, 09:13 PM
SevenTurns
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

These type of people are either jealous, or raised without any respect for others. Glad he didn't hit your car.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:19 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by W88fixer
No way to deal with creeps. Glad he didn’t hit you. Don
You are right, a person who acts that way you can't reason with
Old 06-15-2014, 09:21 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SevenTurns
These type of people are either jealous, or raised without any respect for others. Glad he didn't hit your car.
Thanks.. I am am glad he didn't hit my C7 either..just don't get jerks like that as I wouldn't damage anyone's vehicle be it a trashed typed car or a brand new one.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:30 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by AttyVette
Thanks.. I am am glad he didn't hit my C7 either..just don't get jerks like that as I wouldn't damage anyone's vehicle be it a trashed typed car or a brand new one.
Hey, I gather you're an attorney. Couldn't you have gotten his license plate, gathered witnesses, and filed a complaint with the local authorities? This white trash needs to be taken down a notch or three
Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 608 Likes on 226 Posts

Fkn hillbillies.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Glad that you're ok and that he didn't hit you. I don't blame you for being fuming mad, I'd have reacted the same way. Hopefully you enjoyed a nice evening with your family though.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:35 PM
proexpert
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

sad world we live in today
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor 2
Hey, I gather you're an attorney. Couldn't you have gotten his license plate, gathered witnesses, and filed a complaint with the local authorities? This white trash needs to be taken down a notch or three
What kind of complaint? an 'he almost hit me' complaint? I'm all for taking him down but he didn't do anything wrong other than being a big A hole.
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Hey, I gather you're an attorney. Couldn't you have gotten his license plate, gathered witnesses, and filed a complaint with the local authorities? This white trash needs to be taken down a notch or three.
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by The Raptor 2
Yes to being an attorney but since he didn't damage my vehicle, cops wouldn't have done anything about it. that's what made me mad because I know one day he will hit someone's car and bet he claims it's an "accident". Use to be a prosecutor in this county and you'd be surprised at what some people here do..well maybe not...
Old 06-15-2014, 11:02 PM
wgcatlga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfserge
What kind of complaint? an 'he almost hit me' complaint? I'm all for taking him down but he didn't do anything wrong other than being a big A hole.

Yep.

Unfortunately, there's no law against being an a-hole...
Old 06-15-2014, 11:14 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,772 Likes on 4,193 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Sorry to hear this Atty. Glad you guys are ok.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,476 Likes on 14,069 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

He was just a jealous jerk. Glad you were able to avoid being hit by that azz.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:37 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like a close call and an infuriating experience. Glad it didn't end worse than it did.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:47 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I like Texas Roadhouse. My nearest one is Salt Lake City. I go every time I am there. Glad your car is OK. His Cumapart Dodge will rust out soon. They all do. Some day he will do that to the wrong guy and pay the price. Karma i sa bioach.

Get notified of new replies

To Jerk almost hit my C7 and laughed about it as I was leaving Texas Roadhouse

Old 06-16-2014, 12:04 AM
coupeguyz51
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by AttyVette
Sorry no pictures but we ate last night at Texas Roadhouse in our hometown with son, daughter in law and two grand daughters , as they came in town for Father's Day. They were in their own vehicle and I drove my c7 to the restaurant and my husband rode with me there. I was pulling out of the parking area when "bubba redneck type guy" cuts the corner sharply driving into parking area and I slammed on by brakes so he doesn't hit my car. He's driving a cummins diesel truck (dully truck with rear tires and cover that sticks out a lot) . Redneck guy cuts the corner so closely that there wasn't an inch of two from the rear tire dully tire cover and my c7. He pulls his truck up next to me car as close as he can get and rolls down his drivers side window. I roll down my window and he laughs about almost hitting my C7 and then guns his truck and cut his wheel further so that he would hit my car as he continued driving away if I hadn't taken evasive maneuvers.

I reversed my c7 quickly and laid on my horn as people watched outside the restaurant as the jerk gunned his truck and I backed up so he didn't hit the left front side of my c7. I was steaming mad and screamed at bubba calling him a redneck out my drivers side window as he pulled past me and he said "yeah I am watch me" and I started to turn around and go after bubba redneck ( you know the Bible saying that" hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn")as I was steaming mad . My husband said "hey he's not worth it he almost wrecked your car and he probably will hit your car if you follow him". I knew husband was right but I fumed all the way home as I wouldn't try to hit someone's car for any reason but I got the feeling he didn't like sports cars and wanted to hit one for fun....still fuming today as if I hadn't reversed quickly by car would have been hit!!Sorry but I don't understand people being @@@ just for the fun of it!!
Well, sh*t like that happens....
State Prison
or
the Graveyard is where a**holes like that windup...
Just let it go...
He'll get clipped by someone....
No need for you to do the time....
Old 06-16-2014, 12:28 AM
E.T.D. Corvettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,531 Likes on 2,323 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I would have been furious too! But I'm glad neither you nor the car were hurt in the incident.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:00 AM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

People who choose big SUVs and trucks as their personal vehicles are generally like this, unfortunately. They always act like they can run everything over and use the vehicle as a weapon. Can't help folks like these who are so insecure that they have to drive around in a tank. I feel sorry for them, as they are scared of life and stupid to boot.

These comments exclude folks who drive such vehicles because of their personal business or work.

Quick Reply: Jerk almost hit my C7 and laughed about it as I was leaving Texas Roadhouse