Buyer tour and RC8 delivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:12 PM
rovers2000
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buyer tour and RC8 delivery

So my quest for a stingray started last august when my wife and I went to Carlisle and were able to walk around and sit in the new 2014 stingray. We fell in love. We knew the convertible was coming out in December and asked my local dealer if they could get one, they said they would call me when they got allocation. Come January low and behold they called and said they were going to get one convertible. I said ok this is what I want to pay. They said no they wanted full sticker.
So February rolled around and they called and said come opt one out and when it comes in we can talk price. I said not till you meet my price cause I want RC8 delivery. Finally February 14 we placed the order for what I wanted thinking production would land in march. March came and so did the price increase. I held on with my local dealer cause I was price protected.
April 10 came and I got the call the car was accepted as a Z51 convertible and I would get a TPW the following week. The next day my father who was going to go see the car built with me ends up loosing his battle with cancer.
The TPW ended up May 12. So my mother goes with me and we fly to Nashville and drive to bowling green KY. We had an excellent time seeing the car built with the buyer tour and had the album made. We meet some other NY people at the plant and a lot of great people that loved their jobs and loved making Corvettes. Our tour guide Nathan was great. We also by chance meet the currant plant manager and had our picture taken with Jeffery Lamarche. Watching the car get born one may 13 at 10:30 AM. I got to hit the start button and everything. My dream car was born.
2 weeks later my wife and I would fly to Nashville and head to bowling green KY to pick up the car on may 29 2014 at 7:45. Jim was our guide. He did a great job with the plant tour and museum tour. He showed us all about the car. We meet shane and lori who are very helpful and awesome to deal with. It was great at the end of the day before your car is drove out, all the staff come out clap and congratulate you on your new car, even the museum manager. That was awesome. After a fun filled day we left the museum at 5pm and started our 1000 mile trip home.
What a great trip and experience of all the highs and lows and now to have my Z51 in the garage.

I would do RC8 again in a heart beat. Its the best way to get a Corvette.

Thanks to all the Corvette Factory staff, National Corvette Museum Staff and my local Dealer for making this happen.

Me standing with my car behind me

My mother and I with plant manager Jeffery Lamarche

Car being born

0 miles

My wife and I at pickup

Last edited by rovers2000; 06-12-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:18 PM
FEEDMESLURPIES
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story and pictures! Thanks for sharing it!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:24 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:24 PM
slappy3347
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

That is a great story and a beautiful car. I'm glad you made your dream come true. Congratulations and I hope the car is everything you hoped it would be. My 6 year old Z06 still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Wonderful story! I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I bet your dad was still able to share in the joy with you from above. Great photos and a beautiful car, CG is the best but I'm slightly biased the tour, starting the car for the first time, and driving her home seems like an incredible, unforgettable experience, thanks for sharing and best of luck with your new beauty!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,126 Likes on 6,194 Posts

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the loss of your father. I lost mine years ago.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:38 PM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

Congratulations on the car - love the gray with gray top! Sounds like you had a great time! Sorry for the loss of your dad. I always feel like my dad is with me on a trip in my Corvette.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:54 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Reading your experience really hits home to a lot of us. I'll be picking mine up in a month from the Museum and thinking about a few family members who will be there in spirit.
Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-13-2014, 12:05 AM
wayles
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Getting ready for my tour on Monday. Glad to hear yours went well and thanks for sharing. Sorry for your loss. Lost my dad 30 years ago this coming Christmas. Still think about him and I know he's looking out for me from above.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:06 AM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,892 Likes on 797 Posts

The buyers tour is tremendous....I did it with the C6 in fall 2007. Would do it again if I ever buy another new one.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:38 PM
gregd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story and awesome car!!! I did museum delivery last Monday, (6.9) and it was a GREAT experience!!! Really enjoyed it. Dan was our guide and he was great.

It was well worth the $995 charge, doubly so when one considers that the museum delivery process is a significant source of revenue for the museum - which is neither connected to GM nor funded by GM.

I will do it again in a heartbeat if I have the good fortune to order another Corvette!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:48 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Congrats. Great looking car.
I'm sure your Dad is smiling down on you.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Cool story bro !

Nice Vette

Get notified of new replies

To Buyer tour and RC8 delivery

Quick Reply: Buyer tour and RC8 delivery